BA vs. MBA

BAEagleFootball

The MBA defense just did a pretty good job against the best rushing offense in the division, but they have been inconsistent, so it'll depend on which defense shows up. I think some key injuries have contributed to the inconsistency, but injuries are part of the game. I thought the MBA D did a good job in the first match-up for the most part, but there were 2 or 3 big plays that really won the game for BA. Should be a great game on Friday. I hope the Big Red comes out like they did last week.

MBA's defense did a great job against a very high powered rushing offense. Despite this, I predict that BA will get their points. The thing that makes things close is MBA's improved and, no doubt, still improving quarterback play to go with their already good rushing game. I think it is pretty certain that MBA will score more points than last time.

That may very well be the case. It puts a lot of pressure on the defense when the offense isn't working. The new QB and Mobley seem to have developed a nice connection, and the Big Red have definitely been moving the ball better of late.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MBA will be playing with alot of confidence after 2 regular season revenge wins in the playoffs. BA is next in their sites and MBA will play a much improved game than they did the during the first regular season meeting.

MBA will still need to stop a potent run game, but so will BA.

Passing game will be advantage BA with an experienced QB that has started for 3 years vs a MBA soph QB.

BA coaches should be harping all week long that this "new found confidence" will show up again Friday night. Can the coaches game plan for a very different MBA team?

Can MBA's coaches keep the emotion train running or will it run out of steam?

BA has sort of been under the radar all year long and they are playing very good ball right now. Turnovers will be one of the factors for a BA win.

The new goal posts on Flatt Field will be kicked at a few times by both teams during the game. It could come down to a long one to win it. Both kickers have strong legs, but who has the ice in their veins.

After the historical Father Ryan vs MBA rival and the current "jealousy rival" of EHS vs MBA, this BA vs MBA matchup was a very high profile rival in the 80's, 90's and early 00's.

Should be a great HS football game.

No CAPS Mr. Woodruff - you happy?

the only prediction I have is lots of ice bags and long lines at the whirlpools Saturday morning for both teams...

both sides will come out flying around. Probably will come down to a big play by someone in the second half that results in a long TD.

A great rivalry renewed in the post-season yet again. Good luck both teams and Roll Red!

the only prediction I have is lots of ice bags and long lines at the whirlpools Saturday morning for both teams...

both sides will come out flying around. Probably will come down to a big play by someone in the second half that results in a long TD.

A great rivalry renewed in the post-season yet again. Good luck both teams and Roll Red!

Absolutely! About as close as you can cut it. Unbelievable.

If the score is correct on the site's scoreboard it looks like BA missed the 2pt conversion in OT.

MBA wins 42-41.

Congrats on the turn around. With a few exceptions I really like this team, they really have some good kids. However, some of their students don't really care about football as much as they do beating BA or Ensworth. But that's high school for ya.

If the score is correct on the site's scoreboard it looks like BA missed the 2pt conversion in OT.

MBA wins 42-41.

Congrats on the turn around. With a few exceptions I really like this team, they really have some good kids. However, some of their students don't really care about football as much as they do beating BA or Ensworth. But that's high school for ya.

No, they missed the kick. You really have to feel for the kicker.

Most of your writing is good. Your penultimate sentence is a little beneath you. Some of our students aren't really football fans and don't care much for the game. They just come out to support their school and their friends who play. If you aspire to be one of the top programs, don't expect to be loved, and don't expect a lot of condolences on the rare occasions when you lose.

MBA wins 42-41.

No, they missed the kick. You really have to feel for the kicker.

Most of your writing is good. Your penultimate sentence is a little beneath you. Some of our students aren't really football fans and don't care much for the game. They just come out to support their school and their friends who play. If you aspire to be one of the top programs, don't expect to be loved, and don't expect a lot of condolences on the rare occasions when you lose.

Wow, Renfroe has been pretty consistent throughout the year, but in high school you never really know with kickers. MBA is very fortunate to have Fletcher.

I am just talking about some of the students that don't like EHS and BA because of all that recruiting BS and the fact that they have racial diversity, I don't want to high jack this thread too. I don't mind students cheering for their friends that don't know much at all about the sport but just the guys that really want to rub every little thing in. As far as the team goes, they're really just a bunch of good guys.

ANYWAY

I am anxious to read about this one, I really just want to move on the basketball but I'm thinking about getting in touch with Lassing, Bars, Fletcher, Garlington and Caro and write an wrap up since these guys all seem like they can play at the next level.