BA vs. MBA

BAEagleFootball

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it was a tough miss for Renfro. He's got to remember that there were other mistakes in the game, like a fumbled punt that set up the first score for MBA. Also, penalties hurt BA in the 4th quarter. MBA capitalized on all of the mistakes. Both teams struggled in their kicking games. Fletcher missed two field goals that were typically automatic for him... very unusual. He was a class act after the game to seek out Renfro after he missed the final extra point. Another close game in a huge rivalry. Good luck to MBA in your quest to beat MUS in the finals!

Wow I wish I would have been able to see this game and I hope to find some tape somewhere. I was down the street at the Franklin vs. Brentwood game that was almost synonymous to this game. Franklin missed a FG in regulation that would have won. Franklin went for 2pts in the second half of the second overtime and lost it 21-20. Great night for football in Nashville.

Wow, Renfroe has been pretty consistent throughout the year, but in high school you never really know with kickers. MBA is very fortunate to have Fletcher.

I am just talking about some of the students that don't like EHS and BA because of all that recruiting BS and the fact that they have racial diversity, I don't want to high jack this thread too. I don't mind students cheering for their friends that don't know much at all about the sport but just the guys that really want to rub every little thing in. As far as the team goes, they're really just a bunch of good guys.

ANYWAY

I am anxious to read about this one, I really just want to move on the basketball but I'm thinking about getting in touch with Lassing, Bars, Fletcher, Garlington and Caro and write an wrap up since these guys all seem like they can play at the next level.

You're right, the only reason MBA guys don't like BA and EHS is because they have racial diversity. I'm amazed at how judgmental and how completely ridiculous that comment is. I don't like EHS and BA because of the way alot of their students carry themselves, not because of the color of their skin or how good they are at sports. Good luck with your little blog, and I'm glad you cannot wait to move on to "writing" about basketball, because I am so glad I won't have to read about what you think you know about football anymore.

Wow, Renfroe has been pretty consistent throughout the year, but in high school you never really know with kickers. MBA is very fortunate to have Fletcher.

I am just talking about some of the students that don't like EHS and BA because of all that recruiting BS and the fact that they have racial diversity, I don't want to high jack this thread too. I don't mind students cheering for their friends that don't know much at all about the sport but just the guys that really want to rub every little thing in. As far as the team goes, they're really just a bunch of good guys.

ANYWAY

I am anxious to read about this one, I really just want to move on the basketball but I'm thinking about getting in touch with Lassing, Bars, Fletcher, Garlington and Caro and write an wrap up since these guys all seem like they can play at the next level.

You're right, the only reason MBA guys don't like BA and EHS is because they have racial diversity. I'm amazed at how judgmental and how completely ridiculous that comment is. I don't like EHS and BA because of the way alot of their students carry themselves, not because of the color of their skin or how good they are at sports. Good luck with your little blog, and I'm glad you cannot wait to move on to "writing" about basketball, because I am so glad I won't have to read about what you think you know about football anymore.

1. I never said it was the only reason but it's definitely an issue. When a student section chants U-S-A after they stop your running back with a weird last name even though he almost just went for 60 yards is kind of ignorant.

2. I write for Rivals High. I have had articles featured nationally.

3. "I'm amazed at how judgmental and how completely ridiculous that comment is. I don't like EHS and BA because of the way alot of their students carry themselves"

Right back at you. You can certainly make that argument for any private school in Middle Tennessee.

4. My comment does not fit all MBA students, some of the greatest guys go there but some of them just have a lot of hate for EHS for the reason you stated and go even further with the ones I have suggested.

Once again, congrats to MBA!

Go Big Red! Congrats for another gutsy performance. These seniors have done a great job of leading when it counts. They'll face their biggest challenge of the year when the face MUS in the State Championship. They'll be playing for their 14th state championship, having made the game 7 times in recent memory, winning 6. Not bad for a school where the students don't care about football.

Go Big Red! Congrats for another gutsy performance. These seniors have done a great job of leading when it counts. They'll face their biggest challenge of the year when the face MUS in the State Championship. They'll be playing for their 14th state championship, having made the game 7 times in recent memory, winning 6. Not bad for a school where the students don't care about football.

Talk about missing my point completely...

You didn't have a point. You were taking a shot, and you got called on it. We're pretty much all products of prep schools here. We recognize little snarky digs. You could have posted a very gracious note, but you needed to find some sort of fault. I interrogated people for a living. When you say one thing and follow it with the conjunction "but," that reads to the trained eye, "I'm about to disavow all preceding remarks." So rather than missing the point completely, he nailed it dead on.

MBA's hatred of BA is encomapssed in a space 120 yards by 54 yards. Nowhere else. That relationship exists because when they win they're gracious and when they lose they're classy. Try to pattern yourself after that model.

Once again, KWoodruff... well said! You have a way with words and I continue to respect and admire your posts. Always very insightful, well thought out and classy. Wish others could follow suit, but I guess that's why so many get on CoachT... to laugh at some of the nonsense that gets posted. Congratulations on your continued success in that space you described!

Be quiet, Bradley. We all have known you since pre-K. You comments about racism are patently ridiculous and you know it.

When rivals pays you enough to put food on your parents table, we will be impressed. Until then, you are a wannabe, never-was, can't-do-it-so-I-write-about-it poster boy. The typical type of person who goes into journalism and then pulls out an emotional tool like the "race card" when things don't go their way.

Grow up.

Yes, it was a tough miss for Renfro. He's got to remember that there were other mistakes in the game, like a fumbled punt that set up the first score for MBA. Also, penalties hurt BA in the 4th quarter. MBA capitalized on all of the mistakes. Both teams struggled in their kicking games. Fletcher missed two field goals that were typically automatic for him... very unusual. He was a class act after the game to seek out Renfro after he missed the final extra point. Another close game in a huge rivalry. Good luck to MBA in your quest to beat MUS in the finals!

You're absolutely right about Renfro. There were 48+ minutes of football before his kick, and his certainly wasn't the only mistake in the game. But when you're 17 and you were last man to to touch the ball....I'm guessing consolation is a little hard to come by right now.

For my money, the biggest surprise of the night was MBA scoring 28 points. I'm very impressed with Simonis. If he develops, he could turn out to be very special.