BA vs. MBA

BAEagleFootball

Simonis is a gutsy kid, he is not afraid to stick his head in the pile, throw a block or run over a defender. He appears to be a good leader of the offense as well. His throwing mechanics are a little funky, but he get's the ball there. Sure looks like MBA has their QB for the foreseeable future. The offense turned around when he was able to play again.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys:

Despite his assertion that "I don't want to high jack this thread too", hdcastle has done just that. He has taken a thread about MBA and BA and turned into a forum on MBA and EHS and why he does not like MBA.

Hdcastle: I am not an MBA alum and none of my kids went there. I went to the EHS vs. MBA game last week and the BA vs. MBA game last night because I wanted to see some good high school playoff football. I saw it on both occasions. That said, you need move on. Last week I saw a nationally ranked EHS team get beat by a team they demolished in the regular season. In the second half, EHS was outplayed and out coached. EHS is done for the season. As best I can tell, they are not playing football anymore. This is a thread about the MBA/BA game last night. If you want to continue to whine about how MBA kids mistreat EHS, go start another thread under " Why MBA Students Hate A More Racially Diverse EHS". As a budding journalist, you should recognize the bite in that headline----it allows you to slap MBA by touting your diversity and is a great "hook". Along the way, change your username to a spin-off of what that WFL player had on his jersey several years back " He Hate Me"-----yours could be " MBA Hate Me". Get a life. Accept defeat and move on over to BB if you don't want to talk about last night's game.

MBA/BA guys: Last night was truly a great high school football game from both teams. A real pleasure to watch from start to finish. Both teams played hard and executed well. It is a shame that it came down to a missed PAT (or, had BA won, MBA fans could have pointed to two missed FG opportunities they usually make).

First time I had seen BA this year. I was impressed by their speed at the skill positions. All four of the running backs they used last night were outstanding. And MBA must have been scared to death of BA's kick returner. Even with Fletcher's ability to kick-off deep, MBA chose to give BA good field position by kicking high to the sideline rather than risk a return. When their backs broke the line of scrimmage,it was like trying to run down a jack rabbit in an open field. Frankly, when BA got the ball around their 40 on their last drive in regulation, I thought they were going to win it. I did not think MBA could stop them on the ground. But MBA came up with a timely tackle for a loss and then BA shot themselves with a couple of penalties to stall out.

For MBA, I was impressed at how well their kids played after a very emotional win the week before. Remember we are talking teenage high school kids here. But they were ready from the first whistle, jumping on a BA fumble early to score first. And they never let up, playing mistake free football---no fumbles or INTs and only one major penalty. When they got the ball with only 1:42 left at about their 35, I thought there is no way they can do this two weeks in a row---drive down for a game winning FG shot. But darn if they did not. Impressive job by the coaches and kids getting rid of the EHS hangover and getting ready for this game.

Lassing and Tanner came up big again for MBA. And in the second OT, Mobley came up with a another feet in bounds catch on the side of the end zone like last week. For BA, all of their running backs came up big when called upon. And I thought throwing for the TD on first down in the second OT, after MBA had scored in their possession to take the lead, was a shrewd call by Potter. We were saying on the sidelines that if MBA was going to stop BA, they had to sell out everybody to stop the run and risk the pass. It's a cliche, but this was a game neither team deserved to lose.

KW---thoughts on MUS?

I paid $8 to watch a great football game last night.

That would cost at least $50 to $150 to watch an average Titan or UT game.

Congrats to MBA.

MBA's coach should be the coach of the year. His team beats a decent BGA team at home to start the playoffs, goes to the University of Ensworth and wins and then keeps his teams emotion in check and goes to a hostile BA field and wins in double OT.

MUS and their All-American QB had better step it up a level or that Cookeville trip could be devastating for the OWLS.

With such a great atmosphere last night how come the TSSAA doesn't allow the championship game to be played on the high school field of the highest ranked team?

A college stadium is just too big and the high octane atmosphere is not there.

The high school games I've been to over the years at Vandy or MTSU the fans usually look like the "Fraternity flag football" attendance, lost in the vastness of the stadium.

It's high school football, keep it on a high school football field.

1. I never said it was the only reason but it's definitely an issue. When a student section chants U-S-A after they stop your running back with a weird last name even though he almost just went for 60 yards is kind of ignorant.

2. I write for Rivals High. I have had articles featured nationally.

3. "I'm amazed at how judgmental and how completely ridiculous that comment is. I don't like EHS and BA because of the way alot of their students carry themselves"

Right back at you. You can certainly make that argument for any private school in Middle Tennessee.

4. My comment does not fit all MBA students, some of the greatest guys go there but some of them just have a lot of hate for EHS for the reason you stated and go even further with the ones I have suggested.

Once again, congrats to MBA!

1. I was in the student section the whole game, and I do not remember that USA chant, but if a nationally published blogger writes it then it must have occurred. However, I know for a fact that the USA chant was said during the BA game last night, and they don't have anyone named Darkwa. So, I think you are the ignorant one B-Rad.

2. Am I impressed? No. Your writing is amateur at best. I am kind of disappointed that Rivals even lets you write on their website. I didn't know they had an open mike night at Rivals.

3. Okay? Well I was talking about your accusations being judgmental, not the actions of other private schools in Tennessee. Don't deflect from your own statements, take the criticism like a real journalist, because you are a real journalist right?

4. Yes, you're right many guys from MBA are great guys, and a few from EHS are as well. Roll Red.

I paid $8 to watch a great football game last night.

That would cost at least $50 to $150 to watch an average Titan or UT game.

Congrats to MBA.

MBA's coach should be the coach of the year. His team beats a decent BGA team at home to start the playoffs, goes to the University of Ensworth and wins and then keeps his teams emotion in check and goes to a hostile BA field and wins in double OT.

MUS and their All-American QB had better step it up a level or that Cookeville trip could be devastating for the OWLS.

With such a great atmosphere last night how come the TSSAA doesn't allow the championship game to be played on the high school field of the highest ranked team?

A college stadium is just too big and the high octane atmosphere is not there.

The high school games I've been to over the years at Vandy or MTSU the fans usually look like the "Fraternity flag football" attendance, lost in the vastness of the stadium.

It's high school football, keep it on a high school football field.

The only really compelling reason I can think of not to play at one of the participating schools is the travel potential. If a team from Bristol had to play in Memphis, they would have a longer trip than if they played in Toronto. That aside, I agree with you. And it gets us around the problem of having to play championships in the middle of the week.

Having said that, the TSSAA has gotten used to selling its championships for a tidy little sum. They won't pass that up.

I saw Goodpasture-Alcoa and Germantown Oak Ridge in '78 and '80 on one team's home field, and the atmosphere was much better than the one I saw at Vanderbilt. But it's not likely to happen.

KW---thoughts on MUS?

I haven't seen them, although their record pretty much speaks for itself. RRR described them as fairly unimpressive in street clothes and only a little more so dressed out. But, they have a couple of very good football players, surrounded by a team full of good athletes. They execute well, and don't help their opponents much. In a word, they're well coached.

I felt like MBA needed to play to near perfection to win the past two games. In each game, they've made a game-costing mistake (fumble for TD against Ensworth, late hit out of bounds to keep a TD drive going against BA), only to see their opponent top them (Ensworth coaching error, BA fumbled punt and missed PAT). MUS's record over the past two years, coupled with some of the teams they beat this season, suggests they're unlikely to be so helpful.

I would say the same thing about this one that I did about Ensworth. MBA needs to play about as close to perfect as possible for mortals, and they'll probably need some sort of mistake by MUS. If both teams play to their potential, I think MUS takes it.

But I wouldn't bet against MBA right now.

KW---thoughts on MUS?

I haven't seen them, although their record pretty much speaks for itself. RRR described them as fairly unimpressive in street clothes and only a little more so dressed out. But, they have a couple of very good football players, surrounded by a team full of good athletes. They execute well, and don't help their opponents much. In a word, they're well coached.

I felt like MBA needed to play to near perfection to win the past two games. In each game, they've made a game-costing mistake (fumble for TD against Ensworth, late hit out of bounds to keep a TD drive going against BA), only to see their opponent top them (Ensworth coaching error, BA fumbled punt and missed PAT). MUS's record over the past two years, coupled with some of the teams they beat this season, suggests they're unlikely to be so helpful.

I would say the same thing about this one that I did about Ensworth. MBA needs to play about as close to perfect as possible for mortals, and they'll probably need some sort of mistake by MUS. If both teams play to their potential, I think MUS takes it.

But I wouldn't bet against MBA right now.

I feel the same way, MUS is so good but you just have a feeling that MBA will find away to win this one to.

Am I crazy or does this run by MBA coincide with sophomore Aaron Simonis taking over the quarterbacking duties. I have followed this kid for years and know he is the real deal. As good as he is at football, he is even a better basketball player.

Congratulations MBA on the big win.

Signed,

Goat

I agree. It is a shame he was out almost the entire year with a concussion I believe?