Millington-Craigmont

MarkH

I am sure it would really be nice but I can't really see the county schools doing that. It would take a booster club getting behind the push for it and they would be the ones who would foot the bill not the school system. I think that the city schools have misplaced their priorities. They are worried about putting in field turf in their schools yet they have schools that are in danger of being taken over by the state because they can't get their academics in order. There are no extracurricular activities for anyone if you can't make the grades. Take care of your business in the classroom first.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure it would really be nice but I can't really see the county schools doing that. It would take a booster club getting behind the push for it and they would be the ones who would foot the bill not the school system. I think that the city schools have misplaced their priorities. They are worried about putting in field turf in their schools yet they have schools that are in danger of being taken over by the state because they can't get their academics in order. There are no extracurricular activities for anyone if you can't make the grades. Take care of your business in the classroom first.

I agree. You have some Memphis city school buildings that would probably be better off condemned and torn down. I think it's great that they are getting field turf, but you're right, there should be higher priorities.

That's great! Now if the rain will just hold off this week so the field will be dry. :bored:

Yeah Right!.... We haven't had rain the last couple of days...So, You know what that means...... We will get belted this weekend!. Pack the rain poncho's and enjoy what should be a very competitive game!

Oh yeah..... .Did you know that some teams here in Memphis don't practice in the rain?... Is that not comical?

Go Trojans!

Man, I couldnt stand it...not only do they not practice in the rain, they dont practice during the bye week either....I guess if your pretty efficient at what you do and are playoff ready now, you dont need the practice.

All Millington fans should go to this game now that its moved to Millington. Great way to help out the Craigmont program with the financials. What a lot of folks don't realize is most of the city schools have to pay for buses to get to home games, let alone away games.

Cost of admission is less than what you would have spend on gas money and mosquito repellant for Greenhill anyway.

Man, I couldnt stand it...not only do they not practice in the rain, they dont practice during the bye week either....I guess if your pretty efficient at what you do and are playoff ready now, you dont need the practice.

Sounds about right for Westwood or Overton......only Overton is not in the playoffs. Still blows my mind that Westwood is getting in.

All Millington fans should go to this game now that its moved to Millington. Great way to help out the Craigmont program with the financials. What a lot of folks don't realize is most of the city schools have to pay for buses to get to home games, let alone away games.

Cost of admission is less than what you would have spend on gas money and mosquito repellant for Greenhill anyway.

Thanks for recruiting fans bandit. I think it is awesome that Millington is opening up their field and giving us the gate. This is a win-win situation. Millington gets the benefit of home-field and Craigmont gets the benefit of a far better gate than Greenhill ever would have brought. I do hate the fact that we do not have our own field and that we have to pay for a bus EVERY week. This week's gate should be a big help.....as long as the friggin rain STAYS AWAY Friday night.

Just to let you know Craigmont is not getting the gate, they are however getting a substantial amount. Millington did not do this to make money and neither did Craigmont. Although I am sure it helps Craigmont financially the decision was made because of the terrible field conditions and the welfare of both teams kids. :thumb:

I was not at the Arlington /Craigmont game so maybe someone close to the programs can answer this.

I saw the film and could not figure out why Craigmonts #60 went after Arlingtons QB way after a play was over and the QB was at least ten yards from the play.

Also I so the flag but was anything else done.

FIGHT TROJANS FIGHT

NEVER GIVE UP

Heard Millingtons QB is back this week and had a good week of practice. Will be nice to have a little ability to pass the ball again. Been pretty much RUN, RUN, RUN since the CBHS game, don't mistake my comment for thinking millington is a passing team just nice to have the ability to mix it up again. Also don't take my remarks as negative on the backup Qb either because he is a good player but more like a RB playing QB. I hope to still see him used in the offense because he is a threat when he has the ball. Good Luck Trojans, Take care of Business because Arlington is waiting. I here Arlington is planning a big celebration for when their freshman and varsity teams go undefeated this season.