Millington-Craigmont

MarkH

Millington played a great game tonight to spoil our undefeated season. However one loss does not discredit the season they have had so far. One game left against the Wolves of Cordova next week. The future of Arlington football looks bright. Our 7th and 8th grade teams are pretty good as well. Go Tigers!!!

You are correct it has been a very good season for your kids, Give them a congrats from the TROJANS. I know you guys are having fun.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congrats on a great season. You have a great team.

And I have nothing more to do with the locker room than You, dou.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on to some good news Trojan fans Millington Freshman defeated the Arlington Tigers tonight ending their undefeated season and putting our Freshman number one among county schools. Great job Coach Clifton and Staff. I also think this ended the so called Millington Sweep that was broadcast during the Metro games.

Congrats Millington freshman on your win!

No excuses from me.

Great win and only bodes well on Millington's future at the varsity level.

And this topic has officially become the Millington/Arlington Freshman game postgame discussion. :thumb:

Yes, let's get back to Craigmont v Millington. Why should Millington be worried about Craigmont tonight? Last year's close game was a fluke, right? Millington's offense is better than Craigmont's and Millington's defense is better than Craigmont's. Besides, Craigmont just lost to a very overrated Arlington team. All the less reason for Millington to feel threatened in my opinion.

And this topic has officially become the Millington/Arlington Freshman game postgame discussion. :thumb:

Yes, let's get back to Craigmont v Millington. Why should Millington be worried about Craigmont tonight? Last year's close game was a fluke, right? Millington's offense is better and Millington's defense is better. Besides, Craigmont just lost to a very overrated Arlington team. All the less reason for Millington to feel threatened in my opinion.

Sarcasm, will not be tolerated and we still do not know your team. Trust me Millington is concerned about Craigmont.

First of all, thank you bandit and onefortheteam for the support. It's good to see other users give support against ridiculous accusations. I appreciate it. Second, I apologize to everyone for writing an essay on here and want to make it clear that my comments are directed towards one person, though he would have us believe two people. I am not in any way lumping any other Millington fans into this because I frankly feel like this person is in a class all by himself and would not disrespect other Millington fans by mentioning them in the same breath with this person. Now onto Nitrous, Trojanswars, whoever this guy is.

Thank you GoChiefs. I've been doing all I can not to get on here and respond to this morons comments. I'm 100% sure you are right in your comments referring to the other Millington fans not thinking like this person. We have all the respect in the world for all of our competitors and wish them the best. Especially Craigmont and Arlington. So "Trojanswars" PLEASE do us real Millington fans a huge favor and remove the "TROJANS" from your user name!!!

Last comment for you boys on this...My motivation is that I am thoroughly disgusted with teams that try to recruit players and try to skirt the system to have a better football team. I feel strongly that there was some questionable manuvering going on to get not one but three kids eligible to play for craigmont last year. As for Coach Van Hooks I am sure he is a great guy...good things have been said about him. He may not have known what was going on with those boys. I do know this, Millington has some pretty by the book ADs and we have built a powerful program here with what we have in our district only. We will continue to be a power in the next few years with what we have coming up. That is what make Trojanswars365 and the Millington community proud. Not what you do or dont like or think is disrespectful. Disrespect is a matter of opinion in a person mind who is being addressed. This is an open blog and things are going to be said that someone may or may not like and when it is that peron has a couple of choices.

As for Mr. (or Mrs.) Nitrous, sorry I dont know anyone who has a kid they are trying to transfer and wants some information. It is fine with me if you dont like my comments but leave him alone. My apologies to Nitrous if I brought you any unwanted attention......

Here is my preview of this game.....

Craigmont - Reminds me of Cordova. Line has good size, good athletes on both sides of the ball, nice quarterback, and for the most part well disciplined team. I do see issues with depth on the roster. The only game I have seen them this year (Arlington) they were susceptible to the pass and counter plays. Special teams had issues also, but wet field could have been part of that. For the most part a run team.

Millington - Run, run, run. Pass maybe 4-5 times a game. Well disciplined team. Adequate line, but not alot of size. Lots of athletes on both sides of the ball.

Special teams may be the weakest point on this team. Defense is the strong point. Don't seem to have that breakaway speed running back this year, but have a stable of good running backs. Playing #2 quarterback due to injury to #1.

I think this game is a close smash mouth football game. Mostly runs by both teams and comes down to which defense is up to the task. The wet field should slow both teams down a little. Turnovers could also play a big part in this game.

If Millington "D" can force some turnovers like they did in the Cordova game, I think it could turn into a 2-3 touchdown difference in Millington's favor. Craigmont's chance is to keep Millington's offense off the field with ball control and long sustained drives, while keeping turnovers to a minimum.

Thoughts?

The field is going to be soft and sloppy and turnovers could play a big roll, Will the RB's handle the ball or will they put it on the ground?

Hey Chiefs, you guys going to be at full strength with all players tonight?

Bring some extra balls and towels but it could be worse we could be at greenhill

Last comment for you boys on this...My motivation is that I am thoroughly disgusted with teams that try to recruit players and try to skirt the system to have a better football team. I feel strongly that there was some questionable manuvering going on to get not one but three kids eligible to play for craigmont last year.

At what point did Van Hooks "recruit" anyone? Those boys approached him and he made sure they were eligible to play. Once again, fantastic detective work Inspector Gadget by providing no proof at all and just accusations. Now STFU.