Millington-Craigmont

MarkH

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Cheifs!. Millington has serious problems on the offensive side of the ball and Craigmont was able to exploit those problems all night long. Great Job Coach Sutton! Millington's inability to get outside on the sweeps limits the effectiveness of the Wing-T Offense, It appears they would be better off going back to the Trojan I and keeping everything between the tackles. I know that Coach Clifton, on the freshman level, has kept that part of his playbook over the years. Maybe the Varsity should borrow that playbook for next weeks game vs Arlington.

Jeff Daulton was a Man Child for the Cheifs last night. He was in on every tackle and then came up with a huge interception. Looks like he is starting to develop into the player that Millington thought he was going to be when he was a Freshman for the Trojans. Kirk McFerran was a speedy RB as well. He was inches away from breaking a couple of touchdown runs. This Craigmont team should be REALLY good next year. Alot of their key contributors are only JR's. It's too bad they get absolutely no support from the fans. It was one of the worst visiting crowds of the year!. The Craigmont team deserves better!

Our Trojans have lots of work to be done If they expect to get a W next week vs Arlington!. It's not supposed to rain during the week this week is it?

Go Trojans!

Congrats to the Cheifs!. Millington has serious problems on the offensive side of the ball and Craigmont was able to exploit those problems all night long. Great Job Coach Sutton! Millington's inability to get outside on the sweeps limits the effectiveness of the Wing-T Offense, It appears they would be better off going back to the Trojan I and keeping everything between the tackles. I know that Coach Clifton, on the freshman level, has kept that part of his playbook over the years. Maybe the Varsity should borrow that playbook for next weeks game vs Arlington.

Rob,

I know you have been around millington for years and since the wing T was implemented. You should know the basis for success is between the tackles which is the 3BACK OR ACE BACK. Arron West 1000yd rushig seasons, Tristan Starks 1000yds, Travis simpson 1000yd seasons. This was about six seasons or so in a row with the guys in the middle going over 1000yds. The offense should work from the inside-out and we have not approached the game this year or last year running the offense from the inside out. Roland Gennessey is a solid player and arguably the best back on the team and should have plenty of touches.

It's too bad they get absolutely no support from the fans. It was one of the worst visiting crowds of the year!. The Craigmont team deserves better!

We don't have a ton of fans, but the ones we do have are great fans and at every game we play. Surprisingly enough, I think that is the best turnout we have had for a road game. Hopefully they can recruit some more to come out to Bartlett as we play for a playoff spot.

Congrats to the Chiefs. I expected a hard fought low scoring game and thats what it was. Craigmont has always been one of those schools that has always had size, speed and athletes but for one reason or another has not been able to get over the hump. Coach Van Hooks and staff have done a good job getting these kids on the same page. Good luck in the playoffs. You have to beat Bartlett this week to get the automatic qualifier but I feel that you would get a wild card even if you lost the game.