6A Playoffs-If they started today.

Gerry Bertier

I did this for 3A and 4A, so I figured I would let you guys discuss some of these match-ups. Remember geography and no 1st round district rematches.

Quad 1

1. Ooltewah

8. Bearden

4. Oak Ridge

5. Dobyns-Bennett

3. Maryville

7. McMinn County

2. Sevier Co.

7. Farragut

Quad 2

1. Mt. Juliet

8. Oakland

4. Franklin Co.

5. Blackman

3. Cookeville

6. McGavock

2. Riverdale

7. Coffee Co.

Quad 3

1. Franklin

8. Cordova

4. Brentwood

5. Overton

3. Dickson Co.

7. Independence

2. Hunters Lane

6. Rossview

Quad 4

1. Arlington

8. Kirby

4. White Station

6. Woodale

3. Brighton

5. White Haven

2. Germantown

7. Millington

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you guys keep putting MJ going west? My understanding districts 1-8 will go east and districts 9-16 will go west. If either side has an opening, then wild cards will be placed in those slots. Funny, but tht is what we are getting. Last, why is Oakland a 8th seed? The worst team in the Quad is coffee co. If there is going to be seeds (then seed them correctly).

Why do you guys keep putting MJ going west? My understanding districts 1-8 will go east and districts 9-16 will go west. If either side has an opening, then wild cards will be placed in those slots. Funny, but tht is what we are getting. Last, why is Oakland a 8th seed? The worst team in the Quad is coffee co. If there is going to be seeds (then seed them correctly).

You are incorrect. The 32 teams will be decided first. Once the 32 teams are decided they will start in the East and put the field into 4 eight team quads. So no one is promised to go one way or the other it depends on who makes it from where. Once they divide the quads, they will be begin ranking the teams. They will start with # 1 district seeds and rank them, they will then move onto # 2 district seeds, then any # 3 district seeds, then the wildcards.

The reason Oakland is the # 8 team is that they are the # 3 seed from their district in a quad with no wildcards. They don't go by record until they divide them by their seed.

You are incorrect. The 32 teams will be decided first. Once the 32 teams are decided they will start in the East and put the field into 4 eight team quads. So no one is promised to go one way or the other it depends on who makes it from where. Once they divide the quads, they will be begin ranking the teams. They will start with # 1 district seeds and rank them, they will then move onto # 2 district seeds, then any # 3 district seeds, then the wildcards.

The reason Oakland is the # 8 team is that they are the # 3 seed from their district in a quad with no wildcards. They don't go by record until they divide them by their seed.

I think both of you are not quite right.....but I'm not sure anybody (TSSAA included) knows exactly what is going on. Here's my attempt. You are right (I think) that seeding will be done geographically. MJ, we are actually putting the Bears going East. It's just the way they fall on the map.

Gerry, we disagree on the seeding process. It was my understanding that only district winners were "guaranteed" a home game. In your scenario, I don't think there is a snowballs chance that Franklin County gets a home game. They are going to finish 5th in their district. There is no way they are getting a 3 seed and a home game while Oakland goes on the road with an 8 seed.

I did this for 3A and 4A, so I figured I would let you guys discuss some of these match-ups. Remember geography and no 1st round district rematches.

Quad 1

1. Ooltewah

8. Bearden

4. Oak Ridge

5. Dobyns-Bennett

3. Maryville

7. McMinn County

2. Sevier Co.

7. Farragut

What about this:

1. Ooletwah (8-0) 1st place in district, tiebreakers over Sevier County and Maryville

8 Bearden (WC)

4 Farragut (6-2) 2nd place in district, has a tiebreaker over both McMinn County and Oak Ridge

5. McMinn Co. (6-2) 2nd in district, has a tiebreaker over Oak Ridge

3 Maryville (7-1) 1st place in district

6 Oak Ridge (6-2) 2nd place in district

2. Sevier County (8-0) 1st place in district, tiebreaker over Maryville

7. Dobyns-Bennett (3-5) currently in the top half of their subdivision and has priority of Bearden

Quad 1

1. Ooltewah

8. Bearden

4. Oak Ridge

5. Dobyns-Bennett

3. Maryville

7. McMinn County

2. Sevier Co.

7. Farragut

What about this:

1. Ooletwah (8-0) 1st place in district, tiebreakers over Sevier County and Maryville

8 Bearden (WC)

4 Farragut (6-2) 2nd place in district, has a tiebreaker over both McMinn County and Oak Ridge

7. Dobyns-Bennett (3-5) currently in the top half of their subdivision and has priority of Bearden

Pretty good and probably correct unless Oak Ridge beats Clinton and wins the district, then they will jump to the 4.

how can DB have seeding over Bearden?

As of week 8, Bearden would come in as a wild card and DB would come in finishing in the upper half of their classification.

In the the handbook it says, "Teams finishing first in thier district will receive highest priority. Teams finishing 2nd in thier district will receive second priority. Teams not finishing 1st or 2nd in their district but finishing in the top half of their subdivision will be given third priority, followed by wild card qualifiers."

Quad 1

1. Ooltewah

8. Bearden

4. Oak Ridge

5. Dobyns-Bennett

3. Maryville

7. McMinn County

2. Sevier Co.

7. Farragut

What about this:

8 Bearden (WC)

This bracket is incorrect. Oak Ridge is the #1 6A team in their district and that makes them a #1 seed and that is the same for Dobyns Bennett. Not to sound like a pompous jerk, but my bracket is right. I know this stuff pretty well, maybe better than the TSSAA.

Quad 1

1. Ooltewah

8. Bearden

4. Oak Ridge

5. Dobyns-Bennett

3. Maryville

7. McMinn County

2. Sevier Co.

7. Farragut

What about this:

8 Bearden (WC)

This bracket is incorrect. Oak Ridge is the #1 6A team in their district and that makes them a #1 seed and that is the same for Dobyns Bennett. Not to sound like a pompous jerk, but my bracket is right. I know this stuff pretty well, maybe better than the TSSAA.

I hate to tell you Gerry, but he is right.

"After teams from the same district have been separated, placements are then arranged with priorities given to automatic qualifiers. Teams finishing 1st in their district will receive highest priority. Teams finishing 2nd in their district will receive second priority. Teams not finishing 1st or 2nd in their district but finishing in the top half of their subdivision will be given third priority, followed by wild card qualifiers."

Depending on how it shakes out... Ooltewah, Sevier Co, and Maryville would be the first 3 seeds in some order. Then, looking at 2nd place teams, Oak Ridge, McMinn Co, and Farragut would be seeds 4-6 in some order. Then, DB would be 7th by being the top half of 6A in their district and Bearden would be 8th as a wild card.

This is where it could get scary for some teams. Take 7AAA for example. There is a good chance that either Smyrna or Oakland will get a wild card likely making them a 7 or 8 seed. Would you like that draw if you were a 1 or 2?