Smith Co. at York Oct. 30

owlgolf09

Someone on here always says how York hasn't beaten a winning team, but York was in their 3 losses right to the last minute and each could have gone either way. So, Cannon Co, DeKalb and Livingston must not be very good either if York isn't. Anyone who has seen Tyrel Asberry or Brian Reynolds play, as well as several other Dragons, knows York has a very good team. I just heard it will be raining Friday night and agree the game should be moved to Thursday.

I am sure SC would have...and play at Tech on a relatively dry field. I would think it's too late now.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone on here always says how York hasn't beaten a winning team, but York was in their 3 losses right to the last minute and each could have gone either way. So, Cannon Co, DeKalb and Livingston must not be very good either if York isn't. Anyone who has seen Tyrel Asberry or Brian Reynolds play, as well as several other Dragons, knows York has a very good team. I just heard it will be raining Friday night and agree the game should be moved to Thursday.

I am sure SC would have...and play at Tech on a relatively dry field. I would think it's too late now.

Perhaps seeing as how Smith after their first game at Westy with the 10+ fumbles doesn't want to play on a wet field (hence all the Tech visits for Smith) whereas York has becomed quiet accustomed to it. I would think this would be an advantage to the ground game of York and play against Smith. Common sense if you ask me.

Perhaps seeing as how Smith after their first game at Westy with the 10+ fumbles doesn't want to play on a wet field (hence all the Tech visits for Smith) whereas York has becomed quiet accustomed to it. I would think this would be an advantage to the ground game of York and play against Smith. Common sense if you ask me.

The MO game was not a wet field...it was a monsoon. There was a driving rainstorm the whole game. SC has played pretty well on a wet field. The White House game was played on a wet field. I don't think it will be much of an advantage for YAI.

Quite accustomed to it?? Didn't I hear that the LA game was a mud bowl, and YAI fumble on the 1st play of overtime, along with a few more during the game??

Hey YAI1979.....if there is nowhere to sit, or I bring my own seat, do I get a discount?? Any chance I can hang my deer stand on the light poles? :thumb:

Close does not count in football. York is going to finish 5th in the district which is the worst they have finished in a while. I will say York is decent but not VERY good. With York having the seecond weakest schedule in the state how can they not finish with a great record? Probably because they are decent not VERY good.

"Close does not count in football. York is going to finish 5th in the district which is the worst they have finished in a while. I will say York is decent but not VERY good. With York having the seecond weakest schedule in the state how can they not finish with a great record? Probably because they are decent not VERY good."

Close don't count in standings of course. I wasn't talking about the standings. You don't have to win to be close in strength to a team...close games it shows two teams are about the same. Losing big shows they are not. Since York had close games with LA, Cannon Co. and DeKalb, and York had the second worst schedule, then obviously those three teams are just as bad as you think York is. And since Smith had close games with 2 of them and got blown out by CC, then I guess Smith Co. is even worse! Why go to Tech when they could have played on a dry field at York tonight? With all the fumbles at LA in the mud, and the fumbled kickoff at CC, York sure doesn't need another muddy game.

Ok, question. I have to agree with Bobcatfan here, why, if York has played such a "sorry" schedule, and is just a "decent" team, where they ranked 8th at one point? All I have heard is excuses as to why York is so bad. Why has there not been any mention other than once as to Smith's "close" encounters, and then the not so close one I witnessed at Tech. If York is a "decent" team, then Smith is no better. I was not the least bit impressed. 4 picks, about the same number of fumbles, and it wasn't even raining... Just don't get too cocky. And, haven't you heard? Smith pays double to get in... We're trying to get us a fancy indoor practice facility as well... :flower: