McMinn Co vs Ooltewah

Tribeguy12

Ok guys so the stage is set for a great one in athens next week!! Mcminn will enter on a six game winning streak on their senior night for a chance at the region title for the first time in a decade, while perennial power Ooltewah lays their #1 6A ranking and undefeated season on the line. The story lines are great for this matchup. Benny Monroe returns to his old stomping grounds where he got his 1st head coaching job in the 1970s. Many forget that it was Monroe not the legendary Mullinax that lead Mcminn to its best single season performance ever. Meanwhile the young Bo Cagel plans to lead his alma mater to something he and Mcminn Co has never done, beat a Benny Monroe coached team. Since Monroe left in the mid 1970s, he has beaten Mcminn something like 24 straight times.... Anyway regardless of history this is an intruiging matchup of two very talented teams that will be on their best games in order to get a prestigous number 1 ranking in the playoffs. I personally think Mcminn, more so than previous years, has the talent and coaching to upset the owls at home in front of an energetic crowd at cherokee stadium.... Cant wait to hear from the raucous owl fans :thumb: .......GO TRIBE!!!!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be a great game at on one of the best fields. I know the tribe started a little rough but from reading the reviews they have come on strong. The Owls had a tough early schedule and have coasted for the past couple of weeks. The Owls do know how to win the close ones and they don't give up. I think that will push them over the edge, but we will see next Friday. Can't wait.

Go Owls

District Championship-Ooltewah vs Mcminn Co.: This will be one heck of a ball game.......Mcminn is hitting it's stride at the perfect time.Ooltewah is loaded,Ranked #1 in the state,but seems to play up or down to the competition. I first thought Owls would kill Mcminn,but after last couple of weeks,I don't know.I will still pick the owls.......28-24

Ok guys so the stage is set for a great one in athens next week!! Mcminn will enter on a six game winning streak on their senior night for a chance at the region title for the first time in a decade, while perennial power Ooltewah lays their #1 6A ranking and undefeated season on the line. The story lines are great for this matchup. Benny Monroe returns to his old stomping grounds where he got his 1st head coaching job in the 1970s. Many forget that it was Monroe not the legendary Mullinax that lead Mcminn to its best single season performance ever. Meanwhile the young Bo Cagel plans to lead his alma mater to something he and Mcminn Co has never done, beat a Benny Monroe coached team. Since Monroe left in the mid 1970s, he has beaten Mcminn something like 24 straight times.... Anyway regardless of history this is an intruiging matchup of two very talented teams that will be on their best games in order to get a prestigous number 1 ranking in the playoffs. I personally think Mcminn, more so than previous years, has the talent and coaching to upset the owls at home in front of an energetic crowd at cherokee stadium.... Cant wait to hear from the raucous owl fans :roflol: .......GO TRIBE!!!!

I might also note that Benny played for the Cherokees, which were coached by Bo's Grandfather. And Benny coached at Cleveland when they beat the team that Bo was on at McMinn. Much respect between the two.