McMinn Co vs Ooltewah

Tribeguy12

Mr. Phish,

Thank you. However, don't you also get just a little nervous when we wait and wait and wait for Benny to call the play in so QB can call a . . . run? Frankly, shouldn't a 3-year starter be able to call a few plays in certain situations? Apparently not - yet another NOT good sign about our personnel.

Didn't you get a little concerned when our D was running around and McMinn was set ready to snap? I sure was.

Yes, the no-huddle has been an offensive strategy for years . . . and decades. What was pretty smart was that they did it against us with much success. This team was well prepared for us - just surprised they did not pass more. I was dreading a Soddy-like pass attack that would have given us fits. Instead they ran it right at us!

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Phish,

Thank you. However, don't you also get just a little nervous when we wait and wait and wait for Benny to call the play in so QB can call a . . . run? Frankly, shouldn't a 3-year starter be able to call a few plays in certain situations? Apparently not - yet another NOT good sign about our personnel.

Didn't you get a little concerned when our D was running around and McMinn was set ready to snap? I sure was.

Yes, the no-huddle has been an offensive strategy for years . . . and decades. What was pretty smart was that they did it against us with much success. This team was well prepared for us - just surprised they did not pass more. I was dreading a Soddy-like pass attack that would have given us fits. Instead they ran it right at us!

Lumber,

in response, I have 2 comments.

1) No high school quarter back should be allowed to call plays themselves (Especially the Owls qb)

2) you act like the Owls D was gashed all night.... McMinn- 27 total yds at half, 178 total....and that was playing a high number of defensive snaps and going onto the field after many 3 and OUTS

The reason they didnt pass more is because they didnt want the Owls secondary to score any more Touchdowns

Coach Monroe was truthful and was caught up in an emotional moment when,he made those comments......with that being said,so what? Ooltewah does have a better team,but mcminn out played Ooltewah at the right times through out the night.I will not TAKE ANY THING AWAY FROM MCMINN!!..if you show up and play anything can happen......But,if Mcminn played thier best game of the year and Ooltewah played their worst game......Who has the better team,when it took overtime to beat us? Any and everybody that knows anything about football knows: It takes a little luck here and there along with turnover margin and execution to win at any level...Ooltewah has better players but,We lost the turnover battle and Mcminn executed a whole lot better than we did!!!!! And as far as the luck part,the 1st INT was luck,the ball tipped up away a foot from the sideline..SHOULD ..go out of bounds,but it went backwards into the field of play right into the hands of the one guy,Owl fans were worried about!!! That play turned the game into a Mcminn kinda game......it was a football play so to speak.The game is over....MCMINN needs to concentrate on playoffs and put this win in thier back pocket for next year,when we play each other. good luck mcminn....GO OWLS!!!!

Coach Monroe was truthful and was caught up in an emotional moment when,he made those comments......with that being said,so what? Ooltewah does have a better team,but mcminn out played Ooltewah at the right times through out the night.I will not TAKE ANY THING AWAY FROM MCMINN!!..if you show up and play anything can happen......But,if Mcminn played thier best game of the year and Ooltewah played their worst game......Who has the better team,when it took overtime to beat us? Any and everybody that knows anything about football knows: It takes a little luck here and there along with turnover margin and execution to win at any level...Ooltewah has better players but,We lost the turnover battle and Mcminn executed a whole lot better than we did!!!!! And as far as the luck part,the 1st INT was luck,the ball tipped up away a foot from the sideline..SHOULD ..go out of bounds,but it went backwards into the field of play right into the hands of the one guy,Owl fans were worried about!!! That play turned the game into a Mcminn kinda game......it was a football play so to speak.The game is over....MCMINN needs to concentrate on playoffs and put this win in thier back pocket for next year,when we play each other. good luck mcminn....GO OWLS!!!!

You forgot about the funble that was not a fumble, and I wish I had as much back spin on my wedges as John Long had on his punts. Nothing seemed to work for the Owls Friday and yet it was still an OT game. Good luck McMinn in the playoffs. Hope to see you again, but I doubt it since you will have to go through Maryville after your Oak Ridge game which is not a gimme.

I'm glad you said "if" about how each team played. Coach Cagle said it was a very emotional game for McMinn, but as far as execution it certainly wasn't one of their best. And I seriously doubt Ooltewah played their worst game of the year.

You can cut it, slice and dice it anyway you want to.....but the bottom line is that Ooltewah was outcoached and outplayed by the Cherokees. So, from what I saw, McMinn had the better team.

Blitzn Buc,

let me pause for a minute and ask you something...

I see you all over these message boards making comments and having fun....that's great and I do the same thing....but......

What high school team do you root for???? You never say. or are you a fence rider...you know....afraid to pick a team???????????????????

YIKES!

I'm not sure that I like the idea of 9,000 cheering Cherokee fans! Question: is it hard to handle that many people to get into the game? Tyner was a real mess - waited 1/2 hour just to get a ticket. How early should we plan to get there from exit 11? How about parking? Kickoff is at 7:30, so what should we expect?

Thanks!

Also, this 9,000 number really makes my prediction even better - 21-21 at the end of regulation, and John kicks it through the uprights for a win! Tears will be in my eyes as I watch the owls rush the field and hoist him onto their shoulders!!!! 9,000 fans will be very quiet!

With KO being @ 7:30 I would say you better plan on being at the stadium by 6:30. Seeing you dont have a ticket I would be prepared for a line at the ticket window.

Parking is good but can become a problem with a game like this as you might have to park across the street in the strip shopping center parking lot.

Can you give an estimate of how many fans the Owls will bring to Athens?

John kicks it through the uprights for a win! And yes tears will be in your eyes as the ref throws a flag on the Owls for a "false start" thus they are backed up 5 yards and then John attempts the kick again and misses wide to the right. The Cherokees storm the field as the mighty Owls have just had there wings clipped by a bunch of misfits from Athens. 9,000 fans are quite loud and overcome with joy as they actually start singing "JOY TO THE WORLD" we have finally beat a Benny Monroe team!!

JOY TO THE WORLD......The TRIBE has WON!!!!

(Sorry forgot to post this Friday night)