McMinn Co vs Ooltewah

Tribeguy12

Reed is qb through the end of season...it's his to ride on out... he is due some good games

I wasn't at the Cleveland game, but I heard that #5 lined up at many positions: safety, linebacker, fg place holder, running back, quarterback, and wide receiver.... that's 6 different positions not counting kickoffs and punts (I don't know if he plays those special teams or not?????)

anyway...wow...football player...#5 will be a captain and leader next year SURELY?????? The coaches obviously like his ability.... I hear from everyone in town that he is a great kid too.

prediction for next year....#5 leads Owls to: 3rd District/Region Champions in a row

For Friday, let Reed do his thing, let #5 do his thing, and oh yeah, Owls 'D' is pretty darn good

line gets better..... too many athletes.....

Ooltewah 23

McMinn 8

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reed is qb through the end of season...it's his to ride on out... he is due some good games

I wasn't at the Cleveland game, but I heard that #5 lined up at many positions: safety, linebacker, fg place holder, running back, quarterback, and wide receiver.... that's 6 different positions not counting kickoffs and punts (I don't know if he plays those special teams or not?????)

anyway...wow...football player...#5 will be a captain and leader next year SURELY?????? The coaches obviously like his ability.... I hear from everyone in town that he is a great kid too.

prediction for next year....#5 leads Owls to: 3rd District/Region Champions in a row

For Friday, let Reed do his thing, let #5 do his thing, and oh yeah, Owls 'D' is pretty darn good

line gets better..... too many athletes.....

Ooltewah 23

McMinn 8

:thumb: Yes,all true and Manning does return kicks.Defense is the best thing going. DRY-field, owls roll: by 28 or more

Looks like it will be a dry field. The only problem I have with Reed running the ball is that he holds the ball away from his body. He is a fumble waiting to happen and those kill us. Benny sees all the kids day in and day out and will make the adjustments to get us the Win. They just need to keep playing disciplined ball like they have all year. D Line will provide the pressure, LB's will control the run and DB's will control the pass. Just enough O for the win. Maybe a late FG by John to seal it.

Go Owls

The excitement around Athens this week has been outstanding. If the rain holds off like the experts say it should there will be a huge crowd there much like was at the McMinn Central (9,000) game because we know that Ooltewah will bring a good crowd and the home side should be packed with the Cherokee faithful.

The field is one of the best in this area and is in great shape especially considering all the rain we have experienced the last few weeks. The stage is set for a good classic high school football game.

LETS GO OWLS, show them what you made of in every aspect of the game. Good passing game, running game, special teams, DEFENSIVE AND OFFENSIVE LINE. Lets him them hard. And come back to Ooltewah 10-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ATTA BOY RED NOW YOUR TALKING MY LANGUAGE!!! I LIKE THAT ALL RED BABY...WEW...IM GETTIN' GEEKED...IF YOU AINT READY FOR THIS ONE, YOU AINT GOT NO HEARTBEAT!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Looks like it will be a dry field. The only problem I have with Reed running the ball is that he holds the ball away from his body. He is a fumble waiting to happen and those kill us. Benny sees all the kids day in and day out and will make the adjustments to get us the Win. They just need to keep playing disciplined ball like they have all year. D Line will provide the pressure, LB's will control the run and DB's will control the pass. Just enough O for the win. Maybe a late FG by John to seal it.

Go Owls

I know what you mean about carrying the ball like that but i ll tell you who/what drives me nuts every time i see them run is the FULLBACK i think Bruell s his name..........you talking about a fumble waiting to happen!!

YIKES!

I'm not sure that I like the idea of 9,000 cheering Cherokee fans! Question: is it hard to handle that many people to get into the game? Tyner was a real mess - waited 1/2 hour just to get a ticket. How early should we plan to get there from exit 11? How about parking? Kickoff is at 7:30, so what should we expect?

Thanks!

Also, this 9,000 number really makes my prediction even better - 21-21 at the end of regulation, and John kicks it through the uprights for a win! Tears will be in my eyes as I watch the owls rush the field and hoist him onto their shoulders!!!! 9,000 fans will be very quiet!

You might get a surprise when and if you slow down the running game.. Benny has alot of plays in that play book.

Yes Red4life you are quite correct Benny does have alot of plays but I would be willing to guess he will operate out of approx. 4 plays and will execute them until McMinn stops them then he will change the formation and run the same play. You see what makes Benny such a great coach is he keeps it simple.....same play but different way of getting the same result.

There has been alot of attention on this board focused on Benny and rightfully so as he has earned the respect of most everyone that has associated with him over the years. But lets not forget that Cagle at McMinn has done a good job with his team since taking over 3 years ago. His team beat #1 ranked Dobyns Bennett last year in the first round of the playoffs at there place and his teams have averaged 7 wins a season in the regular season.

YIKES!

I'm not sure that I like the idea of 9,000 cheering Cherokee fans! Question: is it hard to handle that many people to get into the game? Tyner was a real mess - waited 1/2 hour just to get a ticket. How early should we plan to get there from exit 11? How about parking? Kickoff is at 7:30, so what should we expect?

Thanks!

Also, this 9,000 number really makes my prediction even better - 21-21 at the end of regulation, and John kicks it through the uprights for a win! Tears will be in my eyes as I watch the owls rush the field and hoist him onto their shoulders!!!! 9,000 fans will be very quiet!

With KO being @ 7:30 I would say you better plan on being at the stadium by 6:30. Seeing you dont have a ticket I would be prepared for a line at the ticket window.

Parking is good but can become a problem with a game like this as you might have to park across the street in the strip shopping center parking lot.

Can you give an estimate of how many fans the Owls will bring to Athens?

John kicks it through the uprights for a win! And yes tears will be in your eyes as the ref throws a flag on the Owls for a "false start" thus they are backed up 5 yards and then John attempts the kick again and misses wide to the right. The Cherokees storm the field as the mighty Owls have just had there wings clipped by a bunch of misfits from Athens. 9,000 fans are quite loud and overcome with joy as they actually start singing "JOY TO THE WORLD" we have finally beat a Benny Monroe team!!