McMinn Co vs Ooltewah

Tribeguy12

Tribefans Take:

Passing game - McMinn

Running game - Ooltewah

Defensive line - Ooltewah

Secondary - McMinn

Special Teams - ??

The two keys for McMinn to win in my opinion are protecting the QB and slow down the running game of the Owls.

Hey Bud,

Have you seen the Owls secondary play... 4 seniors..playing together for 2 yrs solid...2 of 4 have started since sophomore year OWLS in this category

#2 Special Teams - you put a question??? have you ever heard of John Long...deadly from 50 yd line in, and at least 95% of kickoffs through endzone.. K Flanders punt return...E Green kickoff return..................this category leans to Owls

T guy, if you dont mind, I am going to edit your pregame breakdown....

Passing- McMinn qb can pass

Running- Ooltewah - you gave it to Owls, so do I

D Line - Ooltewah- we agree

Secondary- Owls have 4 solid DBs, free safety is all over field

Special Teams- Owls- no brainer

McMinn fans- you do the Math???????????

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Oooltewah is a little more talented than McMinn, and they have coaches with more seasoned experience. But after watching McMinn practice a couple of times this week and being around the players and coaches some, I think McMinn will upset the Owls.

Let me get this right Buc...

you saw a 'couple' of McMinn practices this week...and you left thinking: "I think Mcminn will upset Ooltewah on Friday?

What did you see that makes you think that. Are you the Athens 'Swami?'

I really dont understand the debate on here Mcminn is better than Ooltewah. I dont know who told you cagles practices are closed but i have always seen fans and parents at the practices. Also its no tobacco or anything in the water i havent lived in Athens for years i just know this game is ripe for an upset. The ooltewah team is walking into a buzzsaw kinda like the LSU and Kentucky game a couple years back. However i dont even need evidence to prove my point the end result will be shown tonite! Mcminn finds a way to win.... GO TRIBE!!!!

LETS GO OWLS! PLAYERS, COACHES, CHEERLEADERS, BAND, FANS, AND EVEN MAD PARENTS...LETS ALL COME TOGETHER AND MAKE SOME HELLACIOUS NOISE ON EVERY PLAY...EVERYBODY DO YOUR JOBS AND LETS SUPPORT THIS TEAM AND ITS COACHES NO MATTER WHAT PLAY IS CALLED...NO MATTER WHAT "D" IS CALLED...NO MATTER WHAT, AS A FAN IM GOING TO DO MY PART!!!

LET ME HERE YOU IF YOUR WITH ME OWLS FANS :blink::blink:;):o:o

I'm with you BHO. The band will be rocking. Although we have to leave for Atlanta at 6:00 in the morning. Let's get the mercy rule going in the 2nd half (just kidding Tribe Fan, it will be close) so this old man can go home and get some sleep.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OWLs

Tribefans Take:

Passing game - McMinn

Running game - Ooltewah

Secondary - McMinn

Special Teams - ??

The two keys for McMinn to win in my opinion are protecting the QB and slow down the running game of the Owls.

Hey Bud,

Have you seen the Owls secondary play... 4 seniors..playing together for 2 yrs solid...2 of 4 have started since sophomore year OWLS in this category

#2 Special Teams - you put a question??? have you ever heard of John Long...deadly from 50 yd line in, and at least 95% of kickoffs through endzone.. K Flanders punt return...E Green kickoff return..................this category leans to Owls

First of all I am not your Bud!

Secondly apparently you havent seen our secondary. How does two 100 yrd. interception for a TD set with you? In reference to the special teamers I havent heard a word on these guys but I am sure they are tallented I just hope they like getting there world rocked as they are returning our kick offs after we score TD after TD.

Tribefans Take:

Passing game - McMinn

Running game - Ooltewah

Secondary - McMinn

Special Teams - ??

Hey Bud,

Secondly apparently you havent seen our secondary. How does two 100 yrd. interception for a TD set with you? In reference to the special teamers I havent heard a word on these guys but I am sure they are tallented I just hope they like getting there world rocked as they are returning our kick offs after we score TD after TD.

:blink: First of all:who cares about 2 100 yd INTs...We don't pass alot and Monroe wouldn't pass that close to the endzone anyway! 2nd: have you picked up a newspaper? Greene,Smith,Bruelle,Flanders,Mayfield,Delaney,Hunter,Freeman,Manning,zarzour are all in the paper every week for INTs,fumbles,punt returns for TDs,Knocking kids out of ballgames(owls have knocked at least 1 player out of a every game)Owls don't have alot of ko returns..............BECAUSE TEAMS DO NOT SCORE ON US!!!!! Mcminn Co. doesn't really know what is about to happen..but,they will...... :blink:

[ Hey Bud,

:lol: First of all:who cares about 2 100 yd INTs...We don't pass alot and Monroe wouldn't pass that close to the endzone anyway! 2nd: have you picked up a newspaper? Greene,Smith,Bruelle,Flanders,Mayfield,Delaney,Hunter,Freeman,Manning,zarzour are all in the paper every week for INTs,fumbles,punt returns for TDs,Knocking kids out of ballgames(owls have knocked at least 1 player out of a every game)Owls don't have alot of ko returns..............BECAUSE TEAMS DO NOT SCORE ON US!!!!! Mcminn Co. doesn't really know what is about to happen..but,they will...... :thumb:

Let me guess it is the Chattanooga Times.......and no havent seen a thing about knocking kids out of ballgames. Do you have a particular date and article that I can look this up?

So is it some secret that McMinn doesnt really know what is about to happen......from what I know a football game is about to happen and I think it begins @ 7:30, you gonna be there?

This is the reason the games are played on the field rather than on paper. We will know for sure he wins when the final buzzer sounds at the end of the game. I believe it will be a good game, if not for fumbles against McCallie McMinn would be 8-1 coming in and this would be an even bigger game than what it is. Good luck to all hope this one is great and injury free. If TM has a big game McMinn can walk away from here with a district championship. :thumb:

Game day is here, the weather feels very stormy. Hope the storm holds off. I believe the Cherokees are more than ready for tonights big match up. The fans on the other hand...not so sure. Sometimes they seem a bit relaxed!!! We have enough playmakers that I believe we will upset the strong owls. Travis Smith, Cy Ables, Drew Massingale, Dorian Simpson, along with the mighty Teven McDermott may just make those OWLS fly on outta here!!!!!!!! Seriously, those guys will have to have their best game on....all of them. It will take the whole TRIBE to win this one tonight!! Let's go Cherokees!!!! Should be a close one!!!