The Mercy Rule. I hope this does not last.

bigbearsfan

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mercy rule is a must have in my opinion. Yes game time is valuable to young players but humilation of a team and its kids must be saved. In some of the regions there are several mismatches of schools. In Region 4-A You have TC, FCS, and H2O, then you have RBS, Pickett, and Clay. I'm not knocking the last 3 schools for their poor play this year. They have teams filled with young players. They get that playing time every snap. As for the First 3 I listed they prolly play their subs the majority of the game. The experience is gained. I say Thank God for the Mercy Rule! He has answered prayers by giving us it. :excl:

This is high school, and they should take their beatings like men. More importantly, the younger guys are not seeing as much time on the field. They work their butts off in the off-season, the pre-season, and during the season. They deserve it.

Seriously, who thought of this?

It's not going away so get use to it.

As a Coach in other sports, I personally like the rule. I never enjoyed winning games to the point of humilating the other team. What this does is take the pressure off the winning coach by not forcing him to find a creative way to ease the embarrassment for the other team.

One thing it does though is almost gaurantee many of the single game records remain on the books for years by shortening the game. Not really fair that some of the records were obtained by selfish Coaches who left their starters in too long.

I wanna say that the team getting thumped has the option on this mercy rule and can tell the refs they want the clock ran normal. Does anybody know for sure?

I doubt seriously they have the option to run the clock as normal. They have the mercy rule in basketball also and the losing team doesn't have the right to change it....Refs say just let it run.

If these coaches get a 35 pt lead on any team they should have to put their reserves in. Alot of coaches will get the 35 pts in the first half and still come out with their starters gfor most of the 3rd qtr.

That is back on the coaches.

A Whippin Is A Whippin. But During The South Pitt Game I Was Praying For A Meteor. Lord Please A Big Dang Meteor. A Huge One, Immediately, Any Size Woulda Worked. Snow, Rain, A Dang Earthquake Something Just Hurry Up With It. And If You Aint Reading This And Laughing Or Crying You Need Help.

I Mean The Dang National Guard Woulda Made A Dent. Just Anything. :lol: No Keep The Mercy Rule Please. And Make The Clock Tick Faster. Heck Spin It! Do Something. Them Seconds Are Awful Slow When Your Having Your Butt Handed To Ya! :lol:

If these coaches get a 35 pt lead on any team they should have to put their reserves in. Alot of coaches will get the 35 pts in the first half and still come out with their starters gfor most of the 3rd qtr.

That is back on the coaches.

I was thinking the exact same thing. If you are wanting more playing time for the young ones then they would have to change it to where the winning team has to play 2nd string mandatory. And of course if the other team scores then the first string can go back in until they are ahead 35 points again.