WAYNE COUNTY @ Collinwood

wildcatpride70

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only on page 4 last year this game was to page 4 before the season started. This is game is always a big game . Is this game losing some of its hype ??

Not from WC's fans this year. We're all looking forward to Friday night. The folks from the "wood" might not be looking forward to it, so far they all seem very quite. GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's some interesting info...

Class A Region 6

Districts 11 and 12 are playing a regional schedule. 1A--The top 2 teams become playoff eligible. 2A--The team that finishes the highest in the final regional standings becomes playoff eligible. If two 2A schools finish 1st and 2nd in the final region standings both become playoff eligible.

Region 6 Class 1A

Wayne County -1st place qualifier, unless Collinwood and Cornersville win, in which case Wayne County is a 2nd place qualifier.

Perry County -If Perry County wins they are a 2nd place qualifier. If Perry County loses, and Collinwood wins they may only qualify as a wild card

Collinwood -If Collinwood and Cornersville win, Collinwood is a 1st place qualifier, otherwise they may only qualify as a wild card.

Cornersville -May only qualify as a wild card

Columbia Academy -May only qualify as a wild card

Region 6 Class 2A

Mt. Pleasant -Automatic qualifier

Richland -May only qualify as a wild card

Loretto -May only qualify as a wild card

I saw all this info today but I still wonder who plays who? Do Regions match up with other Regions? (I think Quads would be the correct term) or does the TSSAA just select teams to be placed in certain Quads based on Geographic area. If our region matches another region then with a 1st round bye we could play another team from our region in the second round.

I saw all this info today but I still wonder who plays who? Do Regions match up with other Regions? (I think Quads would be the correct term) or does the TSSAA just select teams to be placed in certain Quads based on Geographic area. If our region matches another region then with a 1st round bye we could play another team from our region in the second round.

Imagine that.....Collinwood and Waynesboro in the 2nd round against each other :thumb::roflol:....there would be absolutely no parking :thumb:

Imagine that.....Collinwood and Waynesboro in the 2nd round against each other :thumb::roflol:....there would be absolutely no parking :thumb:

WC could play C'wood back to back games. Surely the TSSAA would have a better format.

Check this out, since 01 season to date Collinwood has 73 wins and 27 losses. They are 4 and 6 in the playoffs. Wayne County has 74 wins and 28 losses and are 5 and 8 in the playoffs. Since 01 Collinwood has won 4 times and WC has won 4 times. Thats about as close as you can get. My hats off to both programs there players(past and present) and the coaches from each school. We are lucky to have these successful programs, they make each other better.

Very Good Post!!! I agree 100%!! We are lucky to have these fine programs for our kids to participate in. Although this a rivalry game and maybe the biggest game of the year for most Seniors involved, after the game the winner should be congradulated and supported through the playoffs by the other team. The schools have plenty of talent but (early prediction) WCHS has an advantage for this year and the next two. At that point we will see a shift back to CWood. I expect a State Championship from them in the next 3 years in all 3 sports. The Rice brothers are very very good athletes but they also have a very good supporting cast. I started to name a few but there are so many I wouldnt want to leave anyone out. Just a long way around saying I am a Cwood fan but we are a little outmaned and this will be the only year in the next three that we have a chance to win. After that LOOK OUT. If Cwood cant get it done I am a Wildcat fan for the remainder of the playoffs. We need a Championship in Wayne County.

Looks like rain huh. All I've got to say is "I love the rainy nights"...lol... inside joke for WC fans. This game is still a big rivalry. The stands will still be packed and rockin, but its like someone said earlier that after WC proved themselves and proved what they could do, people don't trash talk too much. No matter cause this game is always pretty good. Although, I think WC will pull away with it in the third quarter.

WC 35 C'wood 14. Go Cats. :roflol: