Blackman Blaze vs Riverdale Warriors @ The Reservation

StorkMontgomery

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking Riverdale, 24-0 or 24-7

I agree with your prediction if Blackman takes time to read the press clippings then it is game over. Now is not the time for that. Last week was a big win in their program's history. Could still have a hangover from it. If they play like they did in the second half of last friday's game then they have as much of a chance this week as anyone. Riverdale plays hard even when they are 20 points down. I know this to be true i have seen it first hand. Blackman keeps it close to the end. 21-17 warriors. Blaze prove me wrong!!!!!! I will gladly get on here after the game a admit i am wrong.

I agree with your prediction if Blackman takes time to read the press clippings then it is game over. Now is not the time for that. Last week was a big win in their program's history. Could still have a hangover from it. If they play like they did in the second half of last friday's game then they have as much of a chance this week as anyone. Riverdale plays hard even when they are 20 points down. I know this to be true i have seen it first hand. Blackman keeps it close to the end. 21-17 warriors. Blaze prove me wrong!!!!!! I will gladly get on here after the game a admit i am wrong.

I think the same goes for Blackman since they came back from 20 points in 12 minutes...Good luck Blaze, i don't know what to say about this game. I guess this feels like a coin flip to me, go blaze, I say Blackman wins 24-14.

How is the kid @ Riverdale who had mono? (McClosky? McCrosky? something like that)

If he is #61, the kid is a hoss when he's healthy.

From what I have heard, McCluskey is good to go! He was just held out of last weeks game as a precautionary thing. He's healthy and will be in the starting lineup friday night if what I have heard is correct.

Lets get this going the videos have been traded and the the thread begins.

After last night's game @ Brentwood I would definitely spend some time worrying about what the Blaze are gonna do. We have finally found something that has been missing for quite sometime from our program. Something the so called great one Bobby Wells could never deliver let alone find it in a closet if it was the only thing in there. That thing is called HEART & UNITY!!! Blackman found out that when you put your heart in it and play as one that anything can happen. (28 points in 8 minutes) I'm not knocking a good Riverdale team, but there is 2 things Blackman has never had 1) a Varsity win over Riverdale & 2) a District Title. Blackmans boys are out to make a statement as with the Brentwood game and the mojo is definitely with them. It will be a very tough game for both teams, May the best team win..........WE ARE BLACKMAN!!!!

So, thats what you call it..a statement!,. I guess it was a statement when Oakland shut Blackman down last week? You are in major denial. After the game on friday night you should consider yourself lucky that you are not going to end up the season with 3 straight losses. Your going to need alot more than heart when you come to the Reservation on friday...This Riverdale wont allow the stupid mistakes a young Brentwood team made on friday. This ones for all the marbles and the tomahawks will be ready to scalp!!!!

I think the same goes for Blackman since they came back from 20 points in 12 minutes...Good luck Blaze, i don't know what to say about this game. I guess this feels like a coin flip to me, go blaze, I say Blackman wins 24-14.

Yea,you came back against a young Brentwood team that played way over there heads. Your come back as you called it was based on stupid mistakes that Brentwood made. You wont get that opportunity against Riverdale!!!

I hope the Riverdale team doesnt have the same thought process as ole' "WARRIOR02DAD", bc if they do they will get beat bad Friday night. I understand "dad" that you obviously have little respect for what Coach Shad and his staff have done over at Blackman, but an 8-1 team is an 8-1 team and you have to respect that. Now, I know your going to comback with "they havent played anybody!" If you go back and look @my previous posts then you will see that I have been critical of their strength of schedule, but dont be mistaken this team is VERY talented. They probably have better athletes at the skill postions than RHS does.(and yes I have seen both teams played multiple times this year.) So just be prepared to eat alot of crow if the Blaze find a way to win Friday night.

That being said, I believe this game from Blackmans prospective comes down to the samething as the Oakland game. Can Blackman's Off/Def line handle Riverdale's Off/Def line for 4 qtrs? They couldnt block Oakland obviously, and I believe in many ways Riverdale's front 5 are better than Oaklands.

For Riverdale the key will be to stay patient on Def. If I was coaching against Blackman's off I would not blitz much. I would tell my ends to keep the BHS QB in the pocket, bc he is at his best when he is running around making plays. He struggles when he has to step up and make a throw from inside the pocket.

One other thing, if you have not seen #4 for Blackman play you are in for a treat Friday night. I think his last name is Mathers? Hes just a Soph. and in my opinion he is Blackman's best running back easily! If Blackman hopes to win he will have to have a good night.

Its still to early to pick this game, I keep going back and forth on this. Do I go with my heart or my head? :thumb:

I hope the Riverdale team doesnt have the same thought process as ole' "WARRIOR02DAD", bc if they do they will get beat bad Friday night. I understand "dad" that you obviously have little respect for what Coach Shad and his staff have done over at Blackman, but an 8-1 team is an 8-1 team and you have to respect that. Now, I know your going to comback with "they havent played anybody!" If you go back and look @my previous posts then you will see that I have been critical of their strength of schedule, but dont be mistaken this team is VERY talented. They probably have better athletes at the skill postions than RHS does.(and yes I have seen both teams played multiple times this year.) So just be prepared to eat alot of crow if the Blaze find a way to win Friday night.

That being said, I believe this game from Blackmans prospective comes down to the samething as the Oakland game. Can Blackman's Off/Def line handle Riverdale's Off/Def line for 4 qtrs? They couldnt block Oakland obviously, and I believe in many ways Riverdale's front 5 are better than Oaklands.

For Riverdale the key will be to stay patient on Def. If I was coaching against Blackman's off I would not blitz much. I would tell my ends to keep the BHS QB in the pocket, bc he is at his best when he is running around making plays. He struggles when he has to step up and make a throw from inside the pocket.

One other thing, if you have not seen #4 for Blackman play you are in for a treat Friday night. I think his last name is Mathers? Hes just a Soph. and in my opinion he is Blackman's best running back easily! If Blackman hopes to win he will have to have a good night.

Its still to early to pick this game, I keep going back and forth on this. Do I go with my heart or my head? :thumb:

Well, this"Ole Dad" heard all that smack from you all before you played Oakland and what did we hear after the game. sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....thats right...nothing!!! You keep believeing your 8 and 1 record is the same strength as Riverdales and we will hear your silence once again after friday night!!!