Blackman Blaze vs Riverdale Warriors @ The Reservation

StorkMontgomery

Im not a Riverdale fan, but I sure wouldn't want Warriordad representing my school. Theres no denying Riverdales had a strong football program for years but that takes time, hard work and the right coaches. Blackmans not even ten years old and has had several coaching changes but definitely seems to be headed in the right direction. I could be wrong but I believe it even took the almighty Riverdale longer than that to bring home a gold ball.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not a Riverdale fan, but I sure wouldn't want Warriordad representing my school. Theres no denying Riverdales had a strong football program for years but that takes time, hard work and the right coaches. Blackmans not even ten years old and has had several coaching changes but definitely seems to be headed in the right direction. I could be wrong but I believe it even took the almighty Riverdale longer than that to bring home a gold ball.

Yes it did and any "normal" R'dale fan on here will tell you that, it took some time they got better, one it all, etc... that's typically how programs start. Don't worry about Warriordad, ppl who I have seen on here for several years aren't even giving him a second glance so he doesn't matter :roflol: You are exactly right these things take time, Blackman has a long tough road to that gold ball and right now it's exciting and fun! Hope the weather holds off Friday night, I'd rather be cold than wet and cold!

WARRIORDAD is a tool and gives Riverdale fans a bad name

Most REAL Warrior fans do NOT believe 'IT' is really one from our school and NONE of us know 'IT' either.

We do however have our suspecions who it REALLY is though. 'It' comes on line immediately after a Blackman fan goes off line right before 'they' come back on. Some of us DO watch those little things. Strickly juvenile and amateurish. Something from somebody with an IQ about their shoe size.

Rain, Rain Go Away. But since it probably won't, will Riverdale continue their multiple handoffs with a wet ball and rain? They may simply run it behind their big tackles. I think Blackman will like the rain more because of their defense and a chance of turnovers with the Riverdale offense. Now we are probably talking about one score each. Maybe 7-6 with a missed extra point caused by a wet ball. Too really good defenses that will play a good game of mud ball (the field will probably be a mess afterward and damaged just prior to the playoffs). Special teams and turnovers will probably be the key.

I am neither a Riverdale or Blackman fan, but am looking forward to this game. Any injuries to speak of with either team?

For those complaining of Blackman's schedule -- no one can legitimately argue it was not woefully weak (Cane Ridge, Station Camp, Lincoln County, Tullahoma, etc.). But you have to give them credit, they played very well against Oakland and Brentwood (they could have easily folded in the last game). Win or lose Friday, they have had a remarkable turnaround.

Now for the juvenile remarks throughout these posts. These are generally young men, some might be as young as 15 years of age playing a game. Root for your team, make legitimate points (this team may be stronger on the line, this team may be more battle-tested, etc.), but let's be civil. It is too easy to make an anonymous postings and be a jerk. At least try to act mature, I know these boys are reading the posts.

i think you might be playing the same teams next year just the home and the away changes.

yeah well i'm just sayin at MTCS he made the schedule for that team really hard, so don't be surprised if he does the same for blackman.

I have no doubt that when Shad makes his first schedule at balckman it will be full of top caliber opponents. But you still have one more year of this type of comments so get use to it. You will see it next year. Did the kids make the schedule? No. Did the current coaching staff make the schedule? No. Is it fair? No. But is it reality? YES!!!!!. So get use to it. It is not over yet. Best thing you can do to shut everyone up is a deep run into the playoffs. A first round loss would fuel the fire. Good luck friday night. Your are going to need it.

WARRIORDAD is a tool and gives Riverdale fans a bad name

Most REAL Warrior fans do NOT believe 'IT' is really one from our school and NONE of us know 'IT' either.

We do however have our suspecions who it REALLY is though. 'It' comes on line immediately after a Blackman fan goes off line right before 'they' come back on. Some of us DO watch those little things. Strickly juvenile and amateurish. Something from somebody with an IQ about their shoe size.

I DON'T HAVE ANOTHER SCREEN NAME!!!!! LOL :roflol: No I knew better on this one, some of you R'dale ppl can get nasty on here, but you always get nasty with facts (that no one can argure even if they want to) and actually PUT them on here instead of just referring to how no one else does :roflol: I'm thinking it's similar to the administrator at Smyrna who had a grudge against the football team that got on here and blasted his own school just because of some jealously / short man complex issue...

Rain, Rain Go Away. But since it probably won't, will Riverdale continue their multiple handoffs with a wet ball and rain? They may simply run it behind their big tackles. I think Blackman will like the rain more because of their defense and a chance of turnovers with the Riverdale offense. Now we are probably talking about one score each. Maybe 7-6 with a missed extra point caused by a wet ball. Too really good defenses that will play a good game of mud ball (the field will probably be a mess afterward and damaged just prior to the playoffs). Special teams and turnovers will probably be the key.

I am neither a Riverdale or Blackman fan, but am looking forward to this game. Any injuries to speak of with either team?

For those complaining of Blackman's schedule -- no one can legitimately argue it was not woefully weak (Cane Ridge, Station Camp, Lincoln County, Tullahoma, etc.). But you have to give them credit, they played very well against Oakland and Brentwood (they could have easily folded in the last game). Win or lose Friday, they have had a remarkable turnaround.

Now for the juvenile remarks throughout these posts. These are generally young men, some might be as young as 15 years of age playing a game. Root for your team, make legitimate points (this team may be stronger on the line, this team may be more battle-tested, etc.), but let's be civil. It is too easy to make an anonymous postings and be a jerk. At least try to act mature, I know these boys are reading the posts.

David Lee with Blackman (not sure of position, PBD or Mykidsdad can input) I believe had a collar bone injury against Brentwood. I'm not sure of the status of that injury or if that was actually what he hurt, but he was out the rest of the game and the collar bone was what the trainers were looking at on the sidelines. Other than that I'm pretty sure we are good to go!

David Lee with Blackman (not sure of position, PBD or Mykidsdad can input) I believe had a collar bone injury against Brentwood. I'm not sure of the status of that injury or if that was actually what he hurt, but he was out the rest of the game and the collar bone was what the trainers were looking at on the sidelines. Other than that I'm pretty sure we are good to go!

Collar bone is fine, going today to have the manboob checked out. As long as it's not too bad, I'm sure they will just put some duck tape on it. (if you can't fix it, duck it) The good news is the line blocking even when missing two starters was as good as ever. Blake Davis really stepped it up at right guard and moving Djuan to tackle was a stroke of genius, I only say that cause I reccommeded it after the Seigal game....Brillllliant. Also Dakota should be back this week, but I really would like to see Lee on that d-line.

Collar bone is fine, going today to have the manboob checked out. As long as it's not too bad, I'm sure they will just put some duck tape on it. (if you can't fix it, duck it) The good news is the line blocking even when missing two starters was as good as ever. Blake Davis really stepped it up at right guard and moving Djuan to tackle was a stroke of genius, I only say that cause I reccommeded it after the Seigal game....Brillllliant. Also Dakota should be back this week, but I really would like to see Lee on that d-line.

Thanks for the added info, I knew I was leaving stuff out! :roflol:

I hope the Riverdale team doesnt have the same thought process as ole' "WARRIOR02DAD", bc if they do they will get beat bad Friday night. I understand "dad" that you obviously have little respect for what Coach Shad and his staff have done over at Blackman, but an 8-1 team is an 8-1 team and you have to respect that. Now, I know your going to comback with "they havent played anybody!" If you go back and look @my previous posts then you will see that I have been critical of their strength of schedule, but dont be mistaken this team is VERY talented. They probably have better athletes at the skill postions than RHS does.(and yes I have seen both teams played multiple times this year.) So just be prepared to eat alot of crow if the Blaze find a way to win Friday night.

That being said, I believe this game from Blackmans prospective comes down to the samething as the Oakland game. Can Blackman's Off/Def line handle Riverdale's Off/Def line for 4 qtrs? They couldnt block Oakland obviously, and I believe in many ways Riverdale's front 5 are better than Oaklands.

For Riverdale the key will be to stay patient on Def. If I was coaching against Blackman's off I would not blitz much. I would tell my ends to keep the BHS QB in the pocket, bc he is at his best when he is running around making plays. He struggles when he has to step up and make a throw from inside the pocket.

One other thing, if you have not seen #4 for Blackman play you are in for a treat Friday night. I think his last name is Mathers? Hes just a Soph. and in my opinion he is Blackman's best running back easily! If Blackman hopes to win he will have to have a good night.

Its still to early to pick this game, I keep going back and forth on this. Do I go with my heart or my head? :roflol:

Well, this"Ole Dad" heard all that smack from you all before you played Oakland and what did we hear after the game. sssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....thats right...nothing!!! You keep believeing your 8 and 1 record is the same strength as Riverdales and we will hear your silence once again after friday night!!!

I am going to say it, because everyone knows it. Riverdale got very lucky when it beat Oakland. Oakland is the better team, just had a bad night. If Riverdale is so stong what happened against Hendersonville, a team that wont make the playoffs.

Choking in the playoffs??? I think not!!! 4 State Championships and Blackman has???????? Oh yea...they dont have any!!!

hmm...bein a century old school you should have some state championships :thumb:...give blackman time with shad there they will pass you if he actually stays at a school for more than a year.