TEAM FIRST

THE FEELING INSIDE WHEN YOU LAY SOMEONE OUT

A BATTLEFIELD

A STREETFIGHT

THE CROUD SO LOUD YOU CAN'T HEAR YOUSELF THINK

STATE

NO EXCUSES

WE ARE.................................................BLACKMAN

AND WE ARE THE MIGHTY RIVERDALE WARRIORS HOME OF THE 4 TIME STATE CHAMP WELCOME TO THE BIG SHOW

GO WARRIORS

And We are Blackman and We won!

yes you did congrats on the gift

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As with pretty much all of 7aaa, 2 great teams played tonight. They were very equal but Blackman was better tonight and deserved to win. Riverdale has a great team and will go a long way in the playoffs and we could very well see them again.

By the way, I don't think Blackman was given anything. They took it.

I think 104.5 the zone and murphy fair said it best "blackman shutout riverdale tonight. Now riverdale did score but it was only because of a bad snap on a punt that rolled into their endzone." so yeah thanks for the gift...... Hahahaha also there was no fumble in the endzone that blackman recovered we actually got the ball in the endzone with no help from YOUR team we did it on our own!

As with pretty much all of 7aaa, 2 great teams played tonight. They were very equal but Blackman was better tonight and deserved to win. Riverdale has a great team and will go a long way in the playoffs and we could very well see them again.

I agree. We won - no one gave those boys anything they have worked hard for every point scored in every game. Great big thank's to our Coach. Coach Shad is the third coach that I have had a son (I have three) play for at Blackman - I could spend days listing the differences in styles and what I believe he has done for these boys. Way to go coach.

Congrats to Blackman on their win. I am happy for Jess Patton and pattonboysdad. He deserved this for his loyalty ot the Blackman program. The kid is a player and a half. Sure wish he was playing in RED! :excl:

Great atmosphere tonight and support from both schools. This is what high school football SHOULD be about. I was very disappointed in our crowd last night. Very light attendance for a SENIOR NIGHT>

Riverdale, you have absolutely nothing to hang your heads about. This one could have gone either way with the weather the way that it is. It just wasn't your night, but you never gave up. Mayes had a heck of a night as did CJ Overton. You guys have come a LONGGGGGG way from last yr and you should be very proud of yourselves and your coaches. Keep working hard and keep your heads up.

I still wish this one was played on a dry field, but maybe we will get our wish in the playoffs. I would like another shot at Riverdale for us!

We may not have won the district this year, but we are still in it and I am proud to be a part of such a strong region. I think the gold ball will stay in Rutherford County this year without a doubt.

I think 104.5 the zone and murphy fair said it best "blackman shutout riverdale tonight. Now riverdale did score but it was only because of a bad snap on a punt that rolled into their endzone." so yeah thanks for the gift...... Hahahaha also there was no fumble in the endzone that blackman recovered we actually got the ball in the endzone with no help from YOUR team we did it on our own!

The best offense the second half may have been to just punt one first down :lol:

I just hope we get lucky and win 2 playoff games and the Blaze do as well and we meet again in week 3 at their place since they won tonight. We can go to 11-1 lifetime against them that way :excl:

I just want to say GREAT JOB to the fans on both sides tonight - sticking it out in the rain and wind - amazing fans and students on display tonight from both schools!

The Blackman band sounded great tonight - no vocals make a huge difference - sounds like a real marching band and less like a house band. Both bands had to quit early - hard to play a tuba when it becomes a big funnel :lol:

Now on to the post-season? I am guessing the Blaze host Coffee Co and we host Franklin County or Independence.. Either way it is now 1 and done....

Great atmosphere tonight and support from both schools. This is what high school football SHOULD be about. I was very disappointed in our crowd last night. Very light attendance for a SENIOR NIGHT>

I was sitting on the Smyrna side last night next to my principal growing up and I thought the light crowd was due to a lot of people thinking it was a 7:30 kick but no one ever came. I don't think Oakland's stands were more than 40 percent full? TV and not being a Friday night may have had an impact?

Agree with you about the fans, david. They were vocal and they were loud. Those kids deserve the fans to survive the elements and keep rootin for them through thick and thin. So great to see the students cheering like that. Those of us who have played the game knows how much it means to look up in the stands and see the kids on their feet. Kudos to both schools.

Agree with you about the fans, david. They were vocal and they were loud. Those kids deserve the fans to survive the elements and keep rootin for them through thick and thin. So great to see the students cheering like that. Those of us who have played the game knows how much it means to look up in the stands and see the kids on their feet. Kudos to both schools.

You should have came up to the pressbox and said hi!

Speaking of 104.5, The Zone.....thank goodness they covered the game tonight! Since we couldn't make it to the game, it was wonderful actually listening to the game and knowing what team was on the field, where they were on the field, what down it was, what quarter it was, how much time was left on the clock, etc. Thanks to the guys from 104.5! That is the way radio coverage is supposed to work!

Kudos to all the players on a muddy night---wait a minute. I believe EVERY Friday night has been muddy???? GO BLAZE--take it all the way! Congrats!

The way I see it, Blackman hosts Independence and Riverdale hosts Coffee Co, then a rematch in 2 weeks....but who knows. Looks like Blackman gets the 1 seed and Riverdale most likely the 4, which makes oakland automatically 6 or 7. Unless Riverdale can get the 3, which would mean Mt. Juliet goes elsewhere in which case oakland has to be 5 or 7. Either way is ok with me :excl:

As for our game last night.....nothing short of EMBARRASSING to see such a sparse turnout for senior night. Those boys who have poured their hearts into this program and DESERVED a sellout crowd to honor them. Dang it made me so mad. I would have given up a few of my dogs last night to have seen those stands full. It was sad too that Smyrna had NO ONE there considering they still had a shot at playoffs.