Blackman Blaze vs Riverdale Warriors @ The Reservation

StorkMontgomery

The way I see it, Blackman hosts Independence and Riverdale hosts Coffee Co, then a rematch in 2 weeks....but who knows. Looks like Blackman gets the 1 seed and Riverdale most likely the 4, which makes oakland automatically 6 or 7. Unless Riverdale can get the 3, which would mean Mt. Juliet goes elsewhere in which case oakland has to be 5 or 7. Either way is ok with me :excl:

I was talking with my Cookeville buddy a few minutes ago about seeding. Are we sure wildcards get seeded last? How much sense does that make in 5A for example for a 1-9 White Co to not be the 8 seed in their quad? Agreed?

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with you about the fans, david. They were vocal and they were loud. Those kids deserve the fans to survive the elements and keep rootin for them through thick and thin. So great to see the students cheering like that. Those of us who have played the game knows how much it means to look up in the stands and see the kids on their feet. Kudos to both schools.

You should have came up to the pressbox and said hi!

I was scared warriordad may have been up there hiding out and want to beat me up....... :excl:

If we have a rematch with your guys, I will try to sneak some wings from you!

Agree with you about the fans, david. They were vocal and they were loud. Those kids deserve the fans to survive the elements and keep rootin for them through thick and thin. So great to see the students cheering like that. Those of us who have played the game knows how much it means to look up in the stands and see the kids on their feet. Kudos to both schools.

You should have came up to the pressbox and said hi!

I was scared warriordad may have been up there hiding out and want to beat me up....... :lol:

If we have a rematch with your guys, I will try to sneak some wings from you!

Did we have a warriordad sighting tonight? Anyone check out aisle 17, 50 yard line? And I brought some leftover wings home with me tonight - could have had your name on them! Will be good to eat tomorrow watching the Vols play the Gas Station Attendents! :excl:

The way I see it, Blackman hosts Independence and Riverdale hosts Coffee Co, then a rematch in 2 weeks....but who knows. Looks like Blackman gets the 1 seed and Riverdale most likely the 4, which makes oakland automatically 6 or 7. Unless Riverdale can get the 3, which would mean Mt. Juliet goes elsewhere in which case oakland has to be 5 or 7. Either way is ok with me :excl:

I was talking with my Cookeville buddy a few minutes ago about seeding. Are we sure wildcards get seeded last? How much sense does that make in 5A for example for a 1-9 White Co to not be the 8 seed in their quad? Agreed?

No doubt about that, I totally agree...I'll find the by-laws and post the statement.

"After teams from the same district have been separated, placements are then arranged with priorities given to automatic qualifiers. Teams finishing 1st in their district will receive highest priority. Teams finishing 2nd in their district will receive second priority. Teams not finishing 1st or 2nd in their district but finishing in the top half of their subdivision will be given third priority, followed by wild card qualifiers."

When you watch the video they say that they will use wildcard criteria for breaking ties within the quads.

By this statement, wild card teams get seeded last, BUT it also screws up some of my thoughts, because it doesn't say that all #3's get seeded ahead of #4's.

Dang.....you mean I missed out?? Did you share with purpledawg?

FYI.... Your concessions should have turned a profit from my visits tonight. Good food.....and nice hospitality. It probably helps when I don't have on OHS attire.

I forgot to write down the row old warriordad was supposedly sitting on to check. I would bet LOD made a visit that way though. The game was too exciting to watch to really think about it though.

Dang.....you mean I missed out?? Did you share with purpledawg?

FYI.... Your concessions should have turned a profit from my visits tonight. Good food.....and nice hospitality. It probably helps when I don't have on OHS attire.

I forgot to write down the row old warriordad was supposedly sitting on to check. I would bet LOD made a visit that way though. The game was too exciting to watch to really think about it though.

you should have come by the baseball tailgate prior to the game we held it inside the facility had a good time...it was a good night til the end

first things first... MR. WARRIOR82DAD-WHERE R U? :bored:

now to the game: these are two great teams that had to play in IMPOSSIBLE conditions...i walked on the field after the game and it was WAY worse than than it even looked from the stands...i think both offenses would have done better on a dry field...the riverdale coaches and players were ALL CLASS after a very hard loss...what a game this might be in a few weeks if it works out...

to the blaze players and coaching staff...5 years of never getting to experience this made this night so special...YOU ARE DISTRICT CHAMPS! a great season where very few have given you much respect...but you have EARNED IT NOW! My heart is so proud of all of you!

there are 3 incredible tough teams...Blackman, Riverdale, Oakland...one of you need to bring this Gold ball back to the boro!

PBD :popcorneater:

Wow!!

Thought I would never get home from the Bakery tonight. So many cup-cakes have been ordered that they had to work “Over time”. Although the wait was long, I had a good time in line. Bulldogsalltheway was in line behind me and MyKids Dad was just in front of me. We had a great time even after somebody turned on the sprinkler system and we got soaked to the bone. I tried to order my cup-cakes with a dog bone on top, but the baker said that kind was done for the season. Well anyway it was late and I got a soggy spear designed cake and it was soooo good!! That Blackman Bakery really knows the secret to cooking over a good BLAZE.

Sorry to hear that Lost Old Dad can’t wear a costume or have any parties this Halloween. Sad, but we really need to protect the youth of our community.

[

AND WE ARE THE MIGHTY RIVERDALE WARRIORS HOME OF THE 4 TIME STATE CHAMP WELCOME TO THE BIG SHOW

GO WARRIORS

And We are Blackman and We won!

yes you did congrats on the gift

The gift came when the snap to blackmans punter went over his head and out of the endzone but was ruled a touchdown by more lousey officials. As well lets not forget about Blackmans Defense shuting down riverdale the whole game. Honestly the score should have been Blackman 7 Riverdale 2

..........WE ARE BLACKMAN..........WE ARE DISTRICT CHAMPS..........AND YES WE ARE THE #1 SEED IN OUR DISTRICT..........AND OH YEAH BY THE WAY THEM CUPCAKES ARE SURE TASTEING darn GOOD RIGHT ABOUT NOW..........THINK I'LL HAVE ANOTHER 1

I dont know what yall are talking about with the cupcakes but OK

and we are still THE MIGHT RIVERDALE WARRIORS 4 TIME STATE CHAMP!!!that is what i love about some of these blackman people...they win a game and cant act like they have done it before OH WAIT you havent good game both teams played hard you celebrated on our field good luck next week

GO WARRIORS