Tennessee High vs. Sullivan South

v_i_k_i_n_g

"Loose lips sink ships" ....or maybe you prefer: "walk softly and carry a big stick ".

crawdad iz this Tinnersee Hi teem bettur than tha 2004 teem???.....Enny how good luck and don't let Shorty git out thair and hurt sumbody!!!!.......Go Rebs!!!

This is a complete team..all around much better but thats just MO.

On the field.... head to head, position for position, and player for player there are many arguments that could be made that could tilt the scale one way or the other when it comes to the Vikings 04' and 09' teams. But it comes down to two deciding factors for me. The 04' team had a very tight nit nucleus of players that pretty much controlled all of the playmaking on both sides of the ball. This years team however, is strongly bonded from beginning to end... unselfishly stepping up and/or stepping back and doing whatever is called on them by the coaching staff to get the win. Which brings me to the main deciding factor.... THE COACHING STAFF! The biggest difference and what makes the 09' team the better of the two teams is the difference in the experience of Stubbs and his Crew, and the progression of that experience. And IMO it was greatly influenced by the 04' spanking by Maryville. This coaching staff has been able to take that embarrassing negative experience and positively build on it... and progressively apply it to each team there after with this year being the peak. IMO... the Tennessee High Viking football program was forever changed for the better on that cold night in Maryville. :roflol:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of energy coming out of the Rebel camp tonight. I believe the defense is going to be energized and play very aggressively. Our kids seem very excited for the opportunity to defend home turf on Senior night and extend their streak of conference championships against the state's current #1 ranked team.

"Loose lips sink ships" ....or maybe you prefer: "walk softly and carry a big stick ".

crawdad iz this Tinnersee Hi teem bettur than tha 2004 teem???.....Enny how good luck and don't let Shorty git out thair and hurt sumbody!!!!.......Go Rebs!!!

This is a complete team..all around much better but thats just MO.

On the field.... head to head, position for position, and player for player there are many arguments that could be made that could tilt the scale one way or the other when it comes to the Vikings 04' and 09' teams. But it comes down to two deciding factors for me. The 04' team had a very tight nit nucleus of players that pretty much controlled all of the playmaking on both sides of the ball. This years team however, is strongly bonded from beginning to end... unselfishly stepping up and/or stepping back and doing whatever is called on them by the coaching staff to get the win. Which brings me to the main deciding factor.... THE COACHING STAFF! The biggest difference and what makes the 09' team the better of the two teams is the difference in the experience of Stubbs and his Crew, and the progression of that experience. And IMO it was greatly influenced by the 04' spanking by Maryville. This coaching staff has been able to take that embarrassing negative experience and positively build on it... and progressively apply it to each team there after with this year being the peak. IMO... the Tennessee High Viking football program was forever changed for the better on that cold night in Maryville. :roflol:

I believe your coaching staff has learned a lot since '04 also Cap. But all you learned in that one game was how good Maryville was. You learned much more about becoming a championship team from the annual beatings the Rebels put on you. How good a coaching job was it to take a guard and a linebacker and run the model T offense for the only game of the season to baffle the Vikings in 06? You might just see some more surprises from the Rebels this year. Watch and learn. :roflol:

I believe your coaching staff has learned a lot since '04 also Cap. But all you learned in that one game was how good Maryville was. You learned much more about becoming a championship team from the annual beatings the Rebels put on you. How good a coaching job was it to take a guard and a linebacker and run the model T offense for the only game of the season to baffle the Vikings in 06? You might just see some more surprises from the Rebels this year. Watch and learn. :roflol:

Folks.... we now have a WINNER!!! Tune in after the game as I present Crawdad with the first annual THS Viking Big 8 Conference Championship Commemorative autographed bottle of Caps famous Crow Sauce! Awards ceremony will be held right here on CoachT!! Congratulations Crawdad!! :roflol:

Folks.... we now have a WINNER!!! Tune in after the game as I present Crawdad with the first annual THS Viking Big 8 Conference Championship Commemorative autographed bottle of Caps famous Crow Sauce! Awards ceremony will be held right here on CoachT!! Congratulations Crawdad!! :roflol:

Well a guy's gotta let em swing,right Cap? I believe in my kids and my program. We've been through too much to let the Vikings take our crown. See you on the field after the game once you've wrung your hanky out. :roflol:

I believe your coaching staff has learned a lot since '04 also Cap. But all you learned in that one game was how good Maryville was. You learned much more about becoming a championship team from the annual beatings the Rebels put on you. How good a coaching job was it to take a guard and a linebacker and run the model T offense for the only game of the season to baffle the Vikings in 06? You might just see some more surprises from the Rebels this year. Watch and learn. :thumb:

Right you are CD! :D

South has won 4 in a row in the series, and this is a typical South Team. But, this is not a typical Vikings team. Tennessee High is rock solid and a powerful Football Team. I can see the Rebels hanging with them through the 1st half, but I expect the Vikings will just score and score and pull away in the 2nd half.

A shootout in Death Valley with 2 good teams

TENNESSEE HIGH 42

SULLIVAN SOUTH 28

Tennessee High Hasn't won the conference since 04. We had in it in 05 until the costly exchange between Booher and Bell to fumble on our own 20. 06 we were coming off the DB game while South had a bye and they surprised wit the wing T but Still almost had it. 07 started off strong but too much Curt late in the game. 08 was never really a contest. I know I know if ifs and but were candy and nuts wed all have a Merry Christmas.

Emotions will be running at an all time high for both teams thats for sure. I hate South has the injuries they do but that is football.

Im looking for Tenn High to get the lead early, play too conservative and let South take the lead back in the 2nd Half. Tenn High will have a real late scoring drive to win the game finished off by a Tallman TD. Book it!! Thats what will happen.

THS-34 South-28

Tennessee High Hasn't won the conference since 04. We had in it in 05 until the costly exchange between Booher and Bell to fumble on our own 20. 06 we were coming off the DB game while South had a bye and they surprised wit the wing T but Still almost had it. 07 started off strong but too much Curt late in the game. 08 was never really a contest. I know I know if ifs and but were candy and nuts wed all have a Merry Christmas.

Emotions will be running at an all time high for both teams thats for sure. I hate South has the injuries they do but that is football.

Im looking for Tenn High to get the lead early, play too conservative and let South take the lead back in the 2nd Half. Tenn High will have a real late scoring drive to win the game finished off by a Tallman TD. Book it!! Thats what will happen.

THS-34 South-28

If all of that happens, I will add to your prediction and say that Cap passes out from how close the score is since he believes this is going to be 2004 all over again. :roflol:

THS-34 South-28

Remember also that THS was bitten with the injury bug last year as well. Slings and Casts all along the sideline. So with the announcement of the South injured athletes I'm going to revise my forecast earlier in the week and say:

THS-50, South 21

Man those Vikes are STRONG! Look out South! You fixin' to find out. :roflol: It's coming from all sides.