Tennessee High vs. Sullivan South

v_i_k_i_n_g

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SIMPLY AWESOME. Vikings LOOKED like at championship team tonight. The defense...STELLAR! The offense...LETHAL. The Game Plan...EXCELLENCE of EXECUTION. Nice mix on both sides of the ball. It was nice to see Keenan look like himself again. AND OH MY GOSH at the hittin going on!!!!! I couldn't be happier with our performance and I couldn't be happier for our kids, our coaches, their families, and for our fans. WHAT A TURN OUT BY VIKING NATION!!!! There better be NO LESS THAN THAT NEXT WEEK AND EVERY WEEK IN THE PLAYOFFS. The Maroon & White was well represented tonight.

A tip of the Viking Horns to South. The fact that you all were still standing let alone contending for the title in week 10 after what you all have endured this year is a tribute to Jake, to yourselves, your coaches, school and community. Nothin' but the upmost respect for you. We knew the path to the title would run through Death Valley.

I'm not ready to crown us state champs yet, there is too much football left to be played and we could very well have to face the Blazers and the Rebels again. A daunting task. First we have to get by whoever comes calling at the Castle next week. But let's just say...I'll never count the Vikings out and somebody is going to have to play a heck of a football game to beat us.

Hey CAP, How bout them Vikings!!!!!!!

You better not look past Clinton, they are the real deal in the Knoxville area.

SIMPLY AWESOME. Vikings LOOKED like at championship team tonight. The defense...STELLAR! The offense...LETHAL. The Game Plan...EXCELLENCE of EXECUTION. Nice mix on both sides of the ball. It was nice to see Keenan look like himself again. AND OH MY GOSH at the hittin going on!!!!! I couldn't be happier with our performance and I couldn't be happier for our kids, our coaches, their families, and for our fans. WHAT A TURN OUT BY VIKING NATION!!!! There better be NO LESS THAN THAT NEXT WEEK AND EVERY WEEK IN THE PLAYOFFS. The Maroon & White was well represented tonight.

A tip of the Viking Horns to South. The fact that you all were still standing let alone contending for the title in week 10 after what you all have endured this year is a tribute to Jake, to yourselves, your coaches, school and community. Nothin' but the upmost respect for you. We knew the path to the title would run through Death Valley.

I'm not ready to crown us state champs yet, there is too much football left to be played and we could very well have to face the Blazers and the Rebels again. A daunting task. First we have to get by whoever comes calling at the Castle next week. But let's just say...I'll never count the Vikings out and somebody is going to have to play a heck of a football game to beat us.

Hey CAP, How bout them Vikings!!!!!!!

You better not look past Clinton, they are the real deal in the Knoxville area.

Like I said...and the Voice usually only speaks once....I'm not ready to crown us champs yet, especially if we have to face the Blazers or Rebels again. And I know Clinton is for real. But so are the Vikings and somebody is going to have to play a heck of a football game to beat us. I'm not saying it can't be done or that it won't be done, but whoever does it will have to play a heck of a game to beat these Vikings. Don't make me say it again.

Congratulations Viking Ship for winning the first ever Big 8 Conference Championship, and for LEAVING NO DOUBT on who is the Best in the NET!!!

I personally don't feel any CROW is necessary for this game because South played one heck of a game with all things considered. Great game up till halftime! Then Coach Carter decided to try to coach and.... well... you see the result. Bobby Taylor was breaking off huge chunks of yards on the ground and instead of Carter continuing to pound the ball and working another back in there to give him a little break every now and then, he unsuccessfully resorted to trickery. At that point it wasn't a question of who would win, but by how much. Very, Very hard to win in Death Valley for MANY reasons that I won't get into because they are just opinions. BT was a man on a mission last night and caused MANY problems for the Viking defense. Probably the best performance from a back that we have faced all year. I think Stubbs toned back the offense quite a bit... but in true fashion he just took what South gave him. T. Harmon never ceases to amaze me with his throws. The one to Matt in the endzone was unreal! All the Vikings stepped up to the plate against a surpassingly (to me anyway after seeing the DB game) tough South team. St. Clair is a difference maker for that team, and IMO he had a good first game back. The Rebels have nothing to hang their head for and If you can get a couple of players healthy...maybe we can both take care of business and meet up again in about three weeks. Now lets go represent!!! :roll::thumb:

AWESOME!!.. To Do what you did and were you did it AWESOME!!! enjoy it till Monday Vikings..then its back to work because we still got a few tough tasks left ahead. One game at a time and we can get this done ..I KNOW IT!!, I FEEL IT!!. :lol:

Rebels you played your hearts out and never thought about quiting my hats off to ya :lol:

Congratulations Viking Ship for winning the first ever Big 8 Conference Championship, and for LEAVING NO DOUBT on who is the Best in the NET!!!

I personally don't feel any CROW is necessary for this game because South played one heck of a game with all things considered. Great game up till halftime! Then Coach Carter decided to try to coach and.... well... you see the result. Bobby Taylor was breaking off huge chunks of yards on the ground and instead of Carter continuing to pound the ball and working another back in there to give him a little break every now and then, he unsuccessfully resorted to trickery. At that point it wasn't a question of who would win, but by how much. Very, Very hard to win in Death Valley for MANY reasons that I won't get into because they are just opinions. BT was a man on a mission last night and caused MANY problems for the Viking defense. Probably the best performance from a back that we have faced all year. I think Stubbs toned back the offense quite a bit... but in true fashion he just took what South gave him. T. Harmon never ceases to amaze me with his throws. The one to Matt in the endzone was unreal! All the Vikings stepped up to the plate against a surpassingly (to me anyway after seeing the DB game) tough South team. St. Clair is a difference maker for that team, and IMO he had a good first game back. The Rebels have nothing to hang their head for and If you can get a couple of players healthy...maybe we can both take care of business and meet up again in about three weeks. Now lets go represent!!! :thumb::thumb:

Thanks for kind comments and years worth of BT support, Cap! Great game and good luck & health. OM

There is 1 player that brings South's classiness(?) level down a notch or two. Bench him. And hope he learns a much needed lesson.

quote] Well, I don't think there is any doubt who that is.

I agree, on 2 different occasions he planted a knee into the kick returner when the kick returner was on the ground. The first time was not that noticeable, but the 2nd time--he should have been ticketed with a 15 yard penalty. Then, late in the game when Bobby Taylor had a descent KO return, he got a 15 yarder for Unsportsmanlike Conduct. He may have been recognized by the coaches for his fire in practice, but he's a misguided distractive player in the game who only looks for the cheap shots. From what I can tell, he doesn't learn too quickly from "punishment", --I think benching is (not that he plays much) the only thing he will understand, if anything at all. His antics on the field, and the penalty yardage that comes with it, outweigh his value, at this point.

There is 1 player that brings South's classiness(?) level down a notch or two. Bench him. And hope he learns a much needed lesson.

quote] Well, I don't think there is any doubt who that is.

I agree, on 2 different occasions he planted a knee into the kick returner when the kick returner was on the ground. The first time was not that noticeable, but the 2nd time--he should have been ticketed with a 15 yard penalty. Then, late in the game when Bobby Taylor had a descent KO return, he got a 15 yarder for Unsportsmanlike Conduct. He may have been recognized by the coaches for his fire in practice, but he's a misguided distractive player in the game who only looks for the cheap shots. From what I can tell, he doesn't learn too quickly from "punishment", --I think benching is (not that he plays much) the only thing he will understand, if anything at all. His antics on the field, and the penalty yardage that comes with it, outweigh his value, at this point.

muttandjeff, yes, I saw the unsportsmanlike act as well. Shameful, but hopefully anyone reading this will know that South is class act and does not condone this type of behavior. They train young men to be men of character at South. Hopefully Carter will see this play(s) again on film, as I hear he watches more film than a Manning. Just in case it isn't perfectly clear to the coaches, and the play was out of frame, if the kid was a TV character from the 70's his catch phrase would be "Dy-No-Mite!".

The Black Devil Bird is but a regional delicacy. And one that vanishes on All Hallows Eve when the purveyor of said years putred performance insures a complete years worth of humiliation to the inheritor of the black sootie, oozing from death juice, incubator of discust and plaque of failure Black Devil Train full of discusting, rancid and putred vomit ridden Black Crowe. Evermore! Being a full year's worth of humiliation to inherit that train until a new season and a new "loser" creates a new cycle. The Vikings have had that Crown for the past 4 years. VOMIT! I refuse to keep this vermin laden transportation of demise for that long. At the beginning of the second half I felt my sickness coming. Saturday morning I had been consumed by the Swine Flu and unable to move I have suffered the loss until this writing. Fatefully the train was parked on Pactolus bridge just at halftime...it's permanet resting place until August 2010. The Black plague will rest over all Pactolus until another day another season. On top of the Swine Flu and the Raven Madness my computer went south. Being bed ridden since the beat down I am just now trying to crawl out from under the most discusting layer of putred embarassment of my "career". I have aptly requsitioned 5 skids of Cap1 Sauce. Congratulations Vikings on the timely delivery of the '09 Black Devil Train back to whence it came. Your complete victory is unargued and uncontested. Even if you are Heatherns. The Rebel "Crowe" Nation... :flower: