Smyrna comes to visit the Patriots...

allabouttheO

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happens when teams end with the same record in the district? Does it then go to overall record? This new system gives me a headache everytime I look at it....

It goes to head to head match up first unless there are three or more teams involved and each team has a win against te other teams. For instance Balckman beat us, Oakland Beat Blackman and Smyrna beats Oakland. Can't use the head to to head match up. Then the next step is overall record. Just got through reading this a couple days back on the TSSAA website. Wish i had an address for ya. So Smyrna does and does not need help. The best we can finish is third. If Blackman beats Riverdale and we beat Oakland than we have third. if Blackman loses to Riverdale then we have a three way tie for third and Oakland finishes second, Blackman third and Smyrna forth (possibly with a wild card, chances are good). No matter what smyrna has to win. 5-5 record does not work for a wild card. Go Bulldogs!!!! you can win.

I don't understand how you have Oakland 2nd in that scenario? Blackman would win that 3 way tie with and overall 8-2 record. Then it would go head to head with Smyrna and Oakland. Having beaten Oakland, Smyrna would be awarded 3rd and Oakland would finish 3rd. That's what OHS and SHS get for playing Ensworth, and Blackman gains from playing Cane Ridge :mellow: But the tougher competition will payoff in the playoffs.

What happens when teams end with the same record in the district? Does it then go to overall record? This new system gives me a headache everytime I look at it....

It goes to head to head match up first unless there are three or more teams involved and each team has a win against te other teams. For instance Balckman beat us, Oakland Beat Blackman and Smyrna beats Oakland. Can't use the head to to head match up. Then the next step is overall record. Just got through reading this a couple days back on the TSSAA website. Wish i had an address for ya. So Smyrna does and does not need help. The best we can finish is third. If Blackman beats Riverdale and we beat Oakland than we have third. if Blackman loses to Riverdale then we have a three way tie for third and Oakland finishes second, Blackman third and Smyrna forth (possibly with a wild card, chances are good). No matter what smyrna has to win. 5-5 record does not work for a wild card. Go Bulldogs!!!! you can win.

I don't understand how you have Oakland 2nd in that scenario? Blackman would win that 3 way tie with and overall 8-2 record. Then it would go head to head with Smyrna and Oakland. Having beaten Oakland, Smyrna would be awarded 3rd and Oakland would finish 3rd. That's what OHS and SHS get for playing Ensworth, and Blackman gains from playing Cane Ridge :mellow: But the tougher competition will payoff in the playoffs.

Thanks for the back up. you are correct in this scenario.

Smyrna's playoff hopes come down to this game and a loss by another team or two. Oakland thinks they are gonna be on easy street playing them Dawgs, but they best remember that a cornered Dawg is the worst kind of Dawg there is. Another hard fought district game this will be for sure, and my money goes on them cornered Dawgs to pull the upset and keep there dreams alive. No matter what happens this Smyrna team shows why there is still some tweaking to do with this new playoff system TSSAA has set forth. When a team that is 3-5 in a weak District gets a shoe in for playoffs and Smyrna is looking at getting left out coming from the hardest District in 6A and a better record than 3-5. Something is messed up there for sure. Any way go Dawgs show them Pats that ya can never under estimate a Division Team.

You really think Oakland is going to underestimate a district opponent in Week 10? You're crazy. I'm pretty sure the coaching staff is smarter than that.

Two apparently similar teams. Both have very good undergraduate running backs. Both lines like to knock you on your behinds (and have done pretty good in that department). Both teams took Ensworth to overtime. The question will be whether Oakland moves some of its "hogs to the offensive side of the line. We saw what they can do against a running attack like Blackman (9 yards in 27 carries, only 1 foot per carry). Can the Oakland offense move the ball? The gold balls from the prior three years reside in the trophy cases at the two respective schools.

Hope the Smyrna folks come to the game (they did not come out too well last year for the two games at the O-zone). The game has considerably more electricity when the stands are full.

Prediction -- Oakland 24, Smyrna 7.

Smyrna's playoff hopes come down to this game and a loss by another team or two. Oakland thinks they are gonna be on easy street playing them Dawgs, but they best remember that a cornered Dawg is the worst kind of Dawg there is. Another hard fought district game this will be for sure, and my money goes on them cornered Dawgs to pull the upset and keep there dreams alive. No matter what happens this Smyrna team shows why there is still some tweaking to do with this new playoff system TSSAA has set forth. When a team that is 3-5 in a weak District gets a shoe in for playoffs and Smyrna is looking at getting left out coming from the hardest District in 6A and a better record than 3-5. Something is messed up there for sure. Any way go Dawgs show them Pats that ya can never under estimate a Division Team.

You really think Oakland is going to underestimate a district opponent in Week 10? You're crazy. I'm pretty sure the coaching staff is smarter than that.

With playoff hopes, district play, playoff seedings and how tough both teams play, there is no way either coaching staff is underestimating this game. Too much talent on both teams. You can throw records out the window and get ready for some physical football. both teams are coming out swinging. I am so glad that this game has so much riding on it. This is how high school football is suppose to be. Go Bulldogs!!!!! :lol:

This game will be another battle of the defenses. Both O's are a bit inconsistent although I think ours is hitting its stride now as we are going into playoff mode. The game will be emotionala nd physical. We can't let our guard down. I expect this one to go to OT....but expect OHS to get over their OT hump and take this one. I am saying 14-7.

This game will be another battle of the defenses. Both O's are a bit inconsistent although I think ours is hitting its stride now as we are going into playoff mode. The game will be emotionala nd physical. We can't let our guard down. I expect this one to go to OT....but expect OHS to get over their OT hump and take this one. I am saying 14-7.

I am up for a 5th or 6th OT vs. Smyrna but I would prefer end this one in regulation.