Smyrna comes to visit the Patriots...

allabouttheO

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sr. night at the ozone should be no problem for the announcer guy since the only names and numbers he calls out are the Patriots. First time in a long time that the Bulldogs playoff hopes are riding on the last game of the season. The boys in purple and gold will be prepared and know this will be a battle til the end. The real question is has the hotdog situation been fixed at the stadium. I am hoping for good weather I hate that the outcome of a game of this magnitude could be dictated by weather. I am going with my Dogs 14-7.

LETS GO DAWGS

Two apparently similar teams. Both have very good undergraduate running backs. Both lines like to knock you on your behinds (and have done pretty good in that department). Both teams took Ensworth to overtime. The question will be whether Oakland moves some of its "hogs to the offensive side of the line. We saw what they can do against a running attack like Blackman (9 yards in 27 carries, only 1 foot per carry). Can the Oakland offense move the ball? The gold balls from the prior three years reside in the trophy cases at the two respective schools.

Hope the Smyrna folks come to the game (they did not come out too well last year for the two games at the O-zone). The game has considerably more electricity when the stands are full.

Prediction -- Oakland 24, Smyrna 7.

Weather could be a factor in the attendance. with the game on television its really easy for the fair weather fans of both teams to stay home.

LETS GO DAWGS

Two apparently similar teams. Both have very good undergraduate running backs. Both lines like to knock you on your behinds (and have done pretty good in that department). Both teams took Ensworth to overtime. The question will be whether Oakland moves some of its "hogs to the offensive side of the line. We saw what they can do against a running attack like Blackman (9 yards in 27 carries, only 1 foot per carry). Can the Oakland offense move the ball? The gold balls from the prior three years reside in the trophy cases at the two respective schools.

Hope the Smyrna folks come to the game (they did not come out too well last year for the two games at the O-zone). The game has considerably more electricity when the stands are full.

Prediction -- Oakland 24, Smyrna 7.

Weather could be a factor in the attendance. with the game on television its really easy for the fair weather fans of both teams to stay home.

LETS GO DAWGS

And we can expect you to be there at what time? Wait a minute, what are you doing? Softball? I will let the team know.

Sr. night at the ozone should be no problem for the announcer guy since the only names and numbers he calls out are the Patriots. First time in a long time that the Bulldogs playoff hopes are riding on the last game of the season. The boys in purple and gold will be prepared and know this will be a battle til the end. The real question is has the hotdog situation been fixed at the stadium. I am hoping for good weather I hate that the outcome of a game of this magnitude could be dictated by weather. I am going with my Dogs 14-7.

LETS GO DAWGS

dont tell me that the hotdog will not be available. Where is the manager around this joint.

Smyrna's playoff hopes come down to this game and a loss by another team or two. Oakland thinks they are gonna be on easy street playing them Dawgs, but they best remember that a cornered Dawg is the worst kind of Dawg there is. Another hard fought district game this will be for sure, and my money goes on them cornered Dawgs to pull the upset and keep there dreams alive. No matter what happens this Smyrna team shows why there is still some tweaking to do with this new playoff system TSSAA has set forth. When a team that is 3-5 in a weak District gets a shoe in for playoffs and Smyrna is looking at getting left out coming from the hardest District in 6A and a better record than 3-5. Something is messed up there for sure. Any way go Dawgs show them Pats that ya can never under estimate a Division Team.

You really think Oakland is going to underestimate a district opponent in Week 10? You're crazy. I'm pretty sure the coaching staff is smarter than that.

The coaches my not underestimate the dawgs but there is nothing saying a bunch of hyped up teenage boys won't..... I seriously doubt the Brentwood coaches told their players to relax last week in the 4th of the Blackman game.... but the Brentwood players did and look what happened. Good thing is the bulldogs are appearing to be the underdog right now BUT that's a good thing, Bulldogs have always played harder when they were underdogs. Good luck, hope you guys have an awesome game!