Page @ Spring Hill

Raiders0410

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alot of post seem to indicate that it's Spring Hill's Offense vs Page's Defense.

I think Spring Hill's defense is being overlooked. :?:

In Page's 5 District wins they've averaged giving up 10 points per game.

In Spring Hill's 5 District wins they've averaged giving up 12 points per game.

Overall: Page averages giving up 14 points per game.

Overall: Spring Hill averages giving up 17 points per game.

If Page's Defense is really good; then, The HILL'S Defense ain't too shabby either :roflol:

I dont think you can go by the averages, at least for the 1st team. Most of Pages opponents scoring has come late in the game when the 2s and 3s are in.

If thats the same for SH then your right they must be preety good on defense also, we will find out real soon!

This will be a GREAT game. the boys on the Hill better be ready, cause Page is coming....and they will be coming HARD!!!!

The Raiders WILL NOT lose this game.

Raiders by 17

Come Friday night around 11:00pm I will be back on here, either tell you that you were right on your prediction, or that its time to start eating your words.

Just a suggestion, you might not want to have dinner that way you are able to finish your late night snack. :roflol:

Alot of post seem to indicate that it's Spring Hill's Offense vs Page's Defense.

I think Spring Hill's defense is being overlooked. :!:

In Page's 5 District wins they've averaged giving up 10 points per game.

In Spring Hill's 5 District wins they've averaged giving up 12 points per game.

Overall: Page averages giving up 14 points per game.

Overall: Spring Hill averages giving up 17 points per game.

If Page's Defense is really good; then, The HILL'S Defense ain't too shabby either :roflol:

I dont think you can go by the averages, at least for the 1st team. Most of Pages opponents scoring has come late in the game when the 2s and 3s are in.

If thats the same for SH then your right they must be preety good on defense also, we will find out real soon!

This will be a GREAT game. the boys on the Hill better be ready, cause Page is coming....and they will be coming HARD!!!!

I know averages don't tell the whole the story, but considering Spring Hill puts 10 more points on the scoreboard than Page per game (there's that averages thing again :?: ) I'll stand by my statement about Spring Hill defense.

Against Cannon Co and E. Hickman the 1's as you call them didn't play the 2nd half.

Against MtP, Marshall and Hickman they were out pretty much out the whole 4th qtr.

Should be a great game.

Hope the weather is tolerable so both teams fans will show up in force. :!:

The "young men" (ain't no boys now) on the The HILL will be ready.

Just like all year, another day to practice and get better.

Tear Jerking, Sir I suggest you go ahead and take the first part of your screen name take a sip and do it all over yourself thats gonna be the only thing that is gonna keep you warm all night. Unless you and bulldog69 spoon on our concrete steps.

The Raiders are not gonna lose this game!!!!!!!!!

Sir you may be correct, the first part of my name may happen, but only after too much celebratating after Page gets the W!!

Lets hang out on those concrete steps and have a drink! :lol:

osk....dude....please do NOT and I ask this respectfully include me in posts with the "other" poster from Page. I will return the favor to you.

I am supporting my team to the fullest ......Page was NOT expected to be here............and Spring Hill was supposed to be as stated by many pundits.

I am thrilled that Page is even in this position.

As far as comparisons about defenses and offenses and playing against 2's and 3's and all that. I think you can throw a lot of that out with these two teams because the weaker district teams were weaker that people thought they would be.

i agree with others that page has the better defense and spring hill has the better offense. i think the match up between the page offense and the spring hill defense will actually determine the winner. page is well coached and will be prepared but spring hill has good athletes that run to the ball on defense. kicking game could prove to be the difference too.

i really think they are evenly matched teams. the one that comes out on top in the turnover margin will likely win.

my gut says go with spring hill because of homefield and the abundance of seniors.

osk....dude....please do NOT and I ask this respectfully include me in posts with the "other" poster from Page. I will return the favor to you.

I am supporting my team to the fullest ......Page was NOT expected to be here............and Spring Hill was supposed to be as stated by many pundits.

I am thrilled that Page is even in this position.

As far as comparisons about defenses and offenses and playing against 2's and 3's and all that. I think you can throw a lot of that out with these two teams because the weaker district teams were weaker that people thought they would be.

:blink: Hey Bulldog69, thanks for all the positive words you have enter this year; you really are a Page fan! No matter what the outcome is this Friday, I am proud of our kids this year. :D

I would also add that I hope the game doesn't come down to a "kicking" game. We miss Rion who kicked for us for the last seven years. This year we have been web-footed which makes extra points a thrill a minute.

Look for Page to have a new wrinkle this week.

Page may have to pick its poison against the SH offense. If the SH QB is hot we are in for a tough one....if not...I see Page slowing down the Raiders.

I saw on here that someone picked Sh 21- Page 14....if that scenario happens......then SH has more than I thought.

Mistakes will be a key....or penalties.

The TSSAA should always have the better crews when games like this have a big outcome.

Does anyone know if both teams are in the playoffs regardless......wild card gets a tough draw.