Siegel at Oak Hill Academy

hoopsguru12

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I read this right?? Does Siegel have a chance against Oak HillAcademy??

No.

Where is Gibson Co.? Do yall even have tvs or radios there? what could you possibly know about Siegel?

Yes Siegel def. has a chance. Siegel is as talented as anybody this year plus oak Hill is down. Don't be surprised if this happens friends!!

No.

Where is Gibson Co.? Do yall even have tvs or radios there? what could you possibly know about Siegel?

Yes Siegel def. has a chance. Siegel is as talented as anybody this year plus oak Hill is down. Don't be surprised if this happens friends!!

HAHAHA... very funny... I was never a big fan of gibson county when working there (not a small rural type guy) but there are a lot of good people and I can say that Gibson Co. has one more state championshipthan Siegel does! Dont start thinking Murphreesboro is some big metropolitan area b/c to real big cities yall are just as much of country hicks as GC would be. Down or not Oak Hill dominates siegel!

LOL, I know plenty about Siegel. I watched them play last season and just might watch them play this season as well. I know all about your star player in Kerry Hammonds. He's good, but not good enough to pull Siegel to a win over Oak Hill Academy, lol. Are ya'll playing their GREAT team or their GOOD team? You know, Oak Hill does carry around 2 different teams around the country.

Liberty Tech played Oak Hill back in 2006 and lost by 21 to a "good" Oak Hill team. But people from Libery weren't on here claiming they'd beat Oak Hill and Liberty finished ranked like #18 in the nation that year. I heard this same ole story from the folks at Bearden last year claiming they could beat Oak Hill and they lost to a "down" Oak Hill team by 10. This year I guess the wand is handed over to Siegel. I'm not sure how good Oak Hill is this year, but Oak Hill will win this game either way.

What do you all consider a down Oak Hill team? Last year they had 5 or 6 D1 players on their national runner-up team, and they usually pick up new players each year, because that is how their travel team does things. (I think that is considered their Gold Team.) This year they have 6'8, 6'10, 6'11, and 7'1 kids playing and add those in with their normal athletic guards and they will be just as tough as usual. So good luck to Siegel playing a "DOWN" Oak Hill team.

Their website has them playing in Bristol, if so that wont be too tough to go and watch.

Oak Hill has a "touring team" that features some of the best players in the country year in and year out. They also have a "school team" that is still pretty good, but not on a level with their elite team. This has come up several times in the past few years. BIG difference between the two.

Kerry Hammonds is good, but not that good. He will most likely be a mid-major signee. With a great season a big school might take a look late if they know they are losing someone else.

The actual OFFERS listed are Richmond, MTSU and Tulane. Being contacted by a school and being offered by a school are two ENTIRELY different things. Letters and phone calls are nice, but they are not scholarship offers. Like I said before, he might get a late chance with a bigger school once they find out either:

1. They missed on someone else they wanted more

2. They find out one of their players wants to transfer

3. They have a player declare for the draft

Nothing against Hammonds. He is a nice player, but just not at that level yet. I hope he gets a chance to prove he belongs there.