Greenfield at Lake Co.

volfan007

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, according to the weatherman, it's gonna be raining cats and dogs in Lake Co. on Friday night. So, we will be sitting in the rain, and playing in the mud for the umpteenth time this football season. The rain will help to cut down Lake Co.'s speed advantage, but it will also hurt our passing game.

I think that the Jackets will pull out a halloween win, and go out on a positive note.

Congrats Lake Co. Yall need to buy the refs a big steak dinner, too. :excl: I hate to complain against the refs, but tonights officiating was worse than horrible. Two, extremely bad calls led to 2 Lake Co. TD's. The last one, a pass interference call that was unbelievable. With 40 seconds left in the game, Lake Co. had it 4th and 10 from mid field. They threw a long pass over the middle. Our cornerback ran over and lept to intercept the pass...maybe, barely touching the Lake Co. WR's fingers. The ref threw the flag. The Jackets were up 14 to 13 at that point. If the call wasnt made, it's Greenfield's ball, and we're taking a knee to end the game. But, the call was made, and Lake Co. scored on a long pass a few plays later.

I am very proud of the Jackets. They have fought hard all year long. Even at 1-7 and 1-8, after losing many close, close games; they never gave up. They continued to fight. I'm proud of them for that.

Congrats Lake Co. Yall need to buy the refs a big steak dinner, too. :thumb: I hate to complain against the refs, but tonights officiating was worse than horrible. Two, extremely bad calls led to 2 Lake Co. TD's. The last one, a pass interference call that was unbelievable. With 40 seconds left in the game, Lake Co. had it 4th and 10 from mid field. They threw a long pass over the middle. Our cornerback ran over and lept to intercept the pass...maybe, barely touching the Lake Co. WR's fingers. The ref threw the flag. The Jackets were up 14 to 13 at that point. If the call wasnt made, it's Greenfield's ball, and we're taking a knee to end the game. But, the call was made, and Lake Co. scored on a long pass a few plays later.

I am very proud of the Jackets. They have fought hard all year long. Even at 1-7 and 1-8, after losing many close, close games; they never gave up. They continued to fight. I'm proud of them for that.

Grrenfield played pretty good the second half..I believe Lake Co only had the ball 1 time in the 3rd quarter.Greenfield completed a couple 4th and 7 and I believe about a 4th and 5 when Dalton kept the ball and oicked up a key first down that led to Greenfield's score.Does Greenfield not have a kicker?I was wondering why Greenfield would go for 2 points trailing 13-6.If they kick the extra point to make it 13-7..then if they scored a touchdown has a tie game..then kick the point for maybe the lead and the win.When Greenfield didnt make the 2 point conversion and it was 13-6..I thought even if Greenfield scored it would still be 13-12 and probably go for 2 points and the win since they didnt kick the first time.Had Greenfield scored and not make that 2 point conversion I thought back to that first extra point.As for the pays you're talking about,I figured a flag was coming.Just like earlier when Lake Co made a pretty long pass to

Sam Hays that he caught for a first down on about Greenfield's 30 yard line but he was called for a slight push to be able to catch the ball.Had he not been called for pass interference..Lake Co may could have scored on that drive.If it wasnt called..Greenfield would have been screaming..The play you're talking about..I figured it was coming..a tough call at the time but if it wasnt called..Lake Co fans would have been screaming..But even in that..wasnt like the pros and get the ball at the spot of the foul..A 15 yard penalty that kept the drive going but Lake co still had to make some key plays to win.I assume the other call that you're referring to that led to a Lake Co score were the two penalties called..I believe either a hold or clip..can't remember and then another quick flag for an unsportsman penalty.I believe a Greenfield player must have said something to the official.As for buying the officials a steak..I would have bought him one had he not thrown the flag.Would have saved me a trip to West Carrol and then I'd have my choice for the best game in the area.!