Dresden vs Gleason...Winner?..Playoffs?

Very big county game....Have seen both play and believe that Gleason has more speed and Dresden is more physical. Gleason's speed can be hard to stop for Dresden. Dresden tends to makes mistakes so I think this will be a close game. This game also can mean who makes the playoffs. That should be more than enough motivation for both besides it being a county game. Let's hear thoughts from both sides..

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dresden wins this game because its in the Lion's Den, the offensive line is 100% healthy and after the week off they are hungry for some meat, they are stronger on both sides of the ball, and finally......because all of Gleason can fill up those 10 visitor seats on the other side and they still won't measure up to our 30 seats!!! lol I truly don't think after watching them against scotts hill they don't have a chance to stop the spread offense. Scotts hill has a good quarterback with crappy receivers. Dresden is loaded with receivers who will catch the ball and we have the best throwing qb in the district. We also have the den...our loveable mud pit. hahaha. Put that along with two great coordinators and Dr. of Football, coach Hewett....what could go wrong?!? The Lions are coming off a big win which on film showed a 21-9 score, but the ref standing 8 yds away staring at the knee and then the ball being stretched out hitting the ground before coming loose didn't see...., and with the the abundant depth at our giant town, we are coming in hungry after two years of getting are butts kicked. These seniors finally have a chance to show their heart to the community and I'm glad the game is just before Holloween, because they are a scary group! All kiddin aside......44, 11, 73, 78, 65, 70, 34, 7, 59, 32, and the other seniors have a chance to put Dresden back in the playoffs after two embarrassing years.....they are ready to step it up. No turnovers, no stupid penalties (are there any other kind?), coach preparation, and a big home crowd equal a big night for the Lions!

Dresden Must defeat Gleason (6-3) and Marion Co.(5-4) must get beat by Lookout Valley. A loss by White House Heritage should also have the same effect as a Lookout Valley win. This Must Happen For Dresden To Make Playoffs.

I would say there is about a 95 % chance that White House Heritage will WIN the game against Mcewen. So wherever that puts em I dunno. They are playing for a wildcard. Which means you are out of control of your own destiny. This whole thing is as clear as mud to me. Butchie seems to have a hold on the big picture. White House Heritage and McEwen are District foes...and they had some common opponents. Such as Clarksville Aca. WHH beat em 47-7 Mcewen Beat em 14-13. OK, lets go losses. EAST Robertson BEAT WHHeritage 19-6. East beat McEwen 58- 0...You draw the conclusion. I say WHH will win and knock Dresden out of the race.Or might WHH and DResden be playing each other in the first round. If WHH wins out they will be (7-3). What say you Butchie.>?

It seems to me that White House Heritage is the prohibative favorite in this game. If they win, they would secure a wild card slot. That would leave one spot left available and five teams fighting for it. Marion County controls their own destiny for the final wild card spot. It is my understanding that they should be considered the favorite in their game as well.

Pardon my iggnorance as to this very well placed together playoff system, but how are those two teams related to dresden making the playoffs? I'm assuming that one is in the same playoff district or region or whatever the T$$AA is calling it Once again sorry for the iggnorance but this whole getting into the playoff scheme confuses us simple dresden folk

the offensive line is 100% healthy and after the week off they are hungry for some meat, they are stronger on both sides of the ball

Dresden is loaded with receivers who will catch the ball and we have the best throwing qb in the district.

As to your first point, i hope for Jolley and the rest of the back field's sake that your right about that. The offensive line hasn't had a good game since gibson county which was their first game in two years to show up and play. So i hope that their hungry to get after at least something this week.

As to your second remark, dresden's QB has had a few good games this year but is sitll extreamly prone to making horrible reads, decisons, and throws even more so when pressured. Which with our all state offensie line, that happens pretty frequently. So as to that i hope he has an all district game because dresden will need one from him to win.

Gleason is alot smaller, however they have alot more speed. Dresden is a better team IMO after seeing both teams multiple times this year. Gleason is ALOT more disiplined than dresden. If one thing goes wrong for the lions they have a strong tendancy to still build on top of it and make it worse. even in week 8 this was the case that cost them to give up a late score.

Another problem dresden has is putting games away and playing to the level of their competition. The only game all year they came out with an attitude and ready to kill someone was GC and you see what happened there. However against both a horrible Halls team and a slightly better WC team they play llike that. The main problem is as i said eariler, letting the bad calls or misques get in their head and then it ALL goes downhill FAST.

Dresden will have to come mentally ready to play friday. They got the talent, size, and they are slightly out manned in the speed department but i dont think it will be enough to make a factor if they play to shut it down early.

Dresden by 7