Obion Co vs Ripley

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A spot in the playoffs goes to the winner of this one. OC is looking for post-season play for the first time since 2003. The Rebs come in avg. 27 points and allow 23 points a game. :lol: Ripley is putting up around 17 p/g while allowing 24 points per contest. The teams have four common opponents this season as each defeated Gibson Co. but both lost to Crockett County. The Rebs defeated both Covington and Dyersburg while the Tigers lost to both teams. Ripley dominated the Rebels at Troy last year 42-7 but have a new coach in Tiger town. OC is led by Patrick Haskins who has over 2,000 all purpose yards coming into the game and a very stingy defense of late :roflol:

The Rebs have won 3 of the last 4 but haven't won on the road since the last game of the 2006 season.

That win was at Ripley to wrap up the season at 6-4. The only difference is a win this week would bring the "OC" to 6-4 but put the Rebs into post-season play.

This one could get interesting but I see the Rebs winning by a touchdown and punching that playoff ticket :roflol:

getcha Popcorn Ready! :roflol:

Ripley always has athletes. To be blown out by Crockett, beat Haywood, lose to Covington, etc., they seem to be struggling more with consistency than anything. That can be expected with a new coach, new offense and all. But Ripley is still Ripley and can't be taken lightly any year. The Obion County running game has grown into their primary weapon, but I still say the much improved defense has been the game winner for the Rebels this year. Here's hoping for some inconsistency for Ripley and a Rebel victory. I'll take OC by a score of 32-23.

Reading the playoff possibilities was a little confusing...

Looks to me like OC has to win....

Said Ripley was an automatic qualifier with a win then said otherwise they are an automatic qualifier...It also said that if Haywood County and Ripley both win they would have to go to a 4th tie-breaker whatever that is...

I guess the easiest thing would be for Obion Central to win...Only it won't be easy...I'm kind of afraid OC will lose because these players have never been in this position....If you go by the last time they were being talked about in a favored role on the road (Westview) they didn't handle that very well...Ripley is not as good as Westview, but still, Ripley will be tough and it's on the road with everything on the line...Lot of pressure if you ask me...Pressure makes you tighten up..Makes you make mistakes you normally wouldn't make...And when will OC's lack of special teams cost them a close game in a pressure situation ?...The field is probably going to be a mess too...

I hope I'm wrong but I think maybe Ripley will win this game......

Ripley - 22

Obion Central - 19

btw....This season has to be considered a success whatever the outcome...I had them 4-6 and possibly 5-5...They lost a game they should have won (Byhalia), a team they would beat now and then beat a team that had to be considered an upset at the start of the season (Dyersburg)...Even the Covington game after 20 straight losses would have been looked at as a probable loss in the pre-season...5-4 heading into Week 10 with a possibility for a playoff game and non-losing season is a HUGE step forward for this program.....

Well PG, I'm actually on the other end of that thought spectrum. I'm thinking not having been in that position, these boys won't understand any pressure being different from the rest of the season. They have had some success this year and though I may be wrong, I think they feel as though doing so has been more pressure than anything else they'll face. Now Westview is a good team, and they definitely outplayed the Rebels, but the field played havoc on OC as well. I have seen every game, and that's the first game I have seen Haskins unable to make a cut and turn up field. He had too slow himself to a point that pursuit caught him. He looked like molasses. I also watched the corners go down as well as an OC receiver. I think they were outplayed and in my opinion out coached that night, but the turf was a problem that added to it. I know that sounds opposite of what it should, but that was a fact for them. Haskins does seem to do well in poor field consitions, or perhaps it's just that defenses do worse. Either way, I have watched how effective he can be on a sloppy field. Minnick was a workhorse last week. I think he is finally close to being 100%, and a definite plus for them. I still think we need to throw downfield to keep the DB's honest. Ripley just seems inconsistent to me. They are going to have the crazy sets and some backyard plays (which I love), but I think the boys are ready. I think OC will handle the routines and probably give up a couple of big plays or busted plays, but hopefully ride out the storm. Best of luck boys. See you there!

I believe OC gets in regardless..Ripley is the team that needs to win out..if not its DHS/HC winner as wildcard only..

I thought the same thing, but now I really don't have a clue. Looks to me like a Ripley and Haywood win would leave a tie, or a Haywood loss would put OC and Ripley both in. New system is too confusing and I just don't want to do all the math! :roll: Would like to see OC and Dyersburg come out with a win. Maybe that would clear everything up. NOT!!! :thumb: