District 14A

tigerfan89

purple and gold do we know you?

I don't know if you remember or not but back during the 06-07 season, I talked to Sam and Gina upstairs by the concession stand (up against the guard rail) at Union City...I had gotten to the game late and that was about the only place to watch the game...Talked to you two the whole game...That was the year UC beat Humboldt by double digits both regular season games but Humboldt knocked UC out at West Carroll in the region semis....

Yes...we didnt broadcast that game but we were there.....you have a good memory....small world huh :thumb:

Yep, ya'll are real nice folks.... :thumb:

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will the championship be played! Good Luck to Humboldt!

Lake Co.-Union City girls tonight at 6 followed by Humboldt and Memphis Humes boys

Lady Falcons and Lady Tornadoes should be a dandy! But its Humboldt and Memphis Airways isn't it! Himboldt beat Humes last night didn't they? Good luck to all three local teams! Kept us updated thanks! :thumb:

Two excellent games at Tiptonville..Everyone got their moneys worth..Lake Co girls beat Union City 44-41 in overtime..Lake Co was trailing by 1 point with Tiana Gray being fouled with 3 seconds left on the clock..She went to the line with a 1 and 1 and made the first..She missed the second free throw and the game went to overtime..Lake Co ended up winning by 3 points and Tiana was named MVP of the tournament..Two very good teams..In the nightcap..was close most of the way but Humboldt took an eight point lead in the last quarter only to see Memphis Airways take the lead at 39 to 38 ..Number 34 from Humboldt was fouled with about 3 seconds left to play and he went to the line shooting a 1 and 1..He made the first for the tie..Then calmly sank the second and secured the win for Humboldt...Humboldt placed 4 players on the all tournament team with number 30 being named the MVP...I really like number 34 from Humboldt..Left hander tall kid..I think he's going to be a star..Kinda reminds me of Charles Taylor and a little of Trey Pearson as far as body and handling the ball..Congrats to Lake Co and Humboldt on their championships...And to Union City and Airways..A lot of talent in the gym tonight for middle schools..!

When will the championship be played! Good Luck to Humboldt!

Lake Co.-Union City girls tonight at 6 followed by Humboldt and Memphis Humes boys

Lady Falcons and Lady Tornadoes should be a dandy! But its Humboldt and Memphis Airways isn't it! Himboldt beat Humes last night didn't they? Good luck to all three local teams! Kept us updated thanks! :thumb:

Two excellent games at Tiptonville..Everyone got their moneys worth..Lake Co girls beat Union City 44-41 in overtime..Lake Co was trailing by 1 point with Tiana Gray being fouled with 3 seconds left on the clock..She went to the line with a 1 and 1 and made the first..She missed the second free throw and the game went to overtime..Lake Co ended up winning by 3 points and Tiana was named MVP of the tournament..Two very good teams..In the nightcap..was close most of the way but Humboldt took an eight point lead in the last quarter only to see Memphis Airways take the lead at 39 to 38 ..Number 4 from Humboldt was fouled with about 3 seconds left to play and hr went to the line shooting a 1 and 1..He made the first for the tie..Then calmly sank the second and secured the win..Humboldt placed 4 players on the all tournament team with number 30 being named the MVP...I really like number 34 from Humboldt..Left hander tall kid..I think he's going to be a star..Kinda reminds me of Charles Taylor and a little of Trey Pearson as far as body and handling the ball..Congrats to Lake Co and Humboldt on their championships...And to Union City and Airways..A lot of talent in the gym tonight for middle schools..!

First i would like to congratulate all the west tn! For it looks very promising for district 14a for a long time to come! Humboldt,LC,UC will be hard to handle and good luck to all in the future! :thumb:

OK...............I guess I didnt understand what you were saying. Congrats Jr. Vikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 is Nick Mclilly, 34 is Desonte Bradford. How did the Hallmes kid for HMS do tonight Bigster? he's 25 and has been a monster most of the season.

What number is the tall left hander that brings the ball down the floor?I was thinking he was #34 and then when I got home last night,at first typed in number 4 so then I wasn't sure..I believe he was number 34 though..Didn't have as many points as the others and threw it away a few times but if I had my choice on picking just 1 player on all the teams I saw it would be him..He's very smooth ..Handles the ball well and is going to be tall..I love kids like that..I'm looking at him a year and even 2 or 3 years down the road..Sure would look good wearing green and gold...lol..Don't let Dyer Co see him...lol..He has a bright future...Number 25 is a strong looking kid and a beast..He played very well..Number 30,the kid with the headband probably had the most points..Shot the ball very well..Humboldt has a lot of talent..They placed 4 on the all tournament team..Lake Co placed 2 and I believe Airways placed 3..Airways looked like a high school team height wise..But Humboldt has several also..Two excellent teams playing in the boys championship ,as well as two excellent girls teams.!These four teams could probably play 10 times and split..As a matter of fact..that's what the Union City and Lake Co girls did this year..Both had 1 loss in the regular season..to each other ..then Union City won the tournament championship,I guess would be like the district..then Lake Co came back and beat Union City for the sectional championship..I could watch all 4 teams play each other again tonight...Congrats to all the teams..!

Now back to District 14A..Anybody see any upsets in the first round?Union City -Gleason.....Humboldt-Greenfield....Lake Co.-Bradford...Halls-Trenton..I believe most people believe Union City,Humboldt and Lake Co should win and the Halls and Trenton game is too close to call..It's not time to mess around now though..Teams had better come ready to play.!

Now back to District 14A..Anybody see any upsets in the first round?Union City -Gleason.....Humboldt-Greenfield....Lake Co.-Bradford...Halls-Trenton..I believe most people believe Union City,Humboldt and Lake Co should win and the Halls and Trenton game is too close to call..It's not time to mess around now though..Teams had better come ready to play.!

I agree its time to rumble! Its put up and shut up time! This will be one heck of a tourament! Good luck to all i can't hardly wait! :thumb:

Bigster, as soon as my daughter gets home I'll put names to all those numbers on the middle school team (she knows all those boys and plays with them night in and night out).

Now....the 14a tourney. I spoke with Coach Boykin Friday night and he feels his team got a raw deal with the coin flip at the end of the regular season (since they owned every conceivable tie-breaker). He will use this to rally his troops....as if they should need any motivation. This is clearly more of what we've seen the last 4 years and it seems LC always ends up being the odd man out so I think the Falcons will play with a chip on their shoulder and wether or not that helps them we'll see. I still think Humboldt and UC will meet in the championship but LC could easily be there also. Peabody has been the wildcard the last few years but unless Jeremy Vaughn gets back in the line-up (suspended due to team rule violations for last 4 games) Peabody could be in trouble. Peabody-Halls is most definitely a toss up.Halls did sweep Peabody in the regular season so this will be a rallying point for the tide.

It will be very interesting when we get to region play to see if West Carroll can finally break through and defeat one of the big 3 from 14a.....this year will be thier best chance with thier best team ever. I still don't think Greer has the supporting cast to get it done....but you never know.

Although the bottom feeders in 14a have gotten much better this year.....you won't see any upsets in the first round of the 14a tourney.

Bigster, as soon as my daughter gets home I'll put names to all those numbers on the middle school team (she knows all those boys and plays with them night in and night out).

Now....the 14a tourney. I spoke with Coach Boykin Friday night and he feels his team got a raw deal with the coin flip at the end of the regular season (since they owned every conceivable tie-breaker). He will use this to rally his troops....as if they should need any motivation. This is clearly more of what we've seen the last 4 years and it seems LC always ends up being the odd man out so I think the Falcons will play with a chip on their shoulder and wether or not that helps them we'll see. I still think Humboldt and UC will meet in the championship but LC could easily be there also. Peabody has been the wildcard the last few years but unless Jeremy Vaughn gets back in the line-up (suspended due to team rule violations for last 4 games) Peabody could be in trouble. Peabody-Halls is most definitely a toss up.Halls did sweep Peabody in the regular season so this will be a rallying point for the tide.

It will be very interesting when we get to region play to see if West Carroll can finally break through and defeat one of the big 3 from 14a.....this year will be thier best chance with thier best team ever. I still don't think Greer has the supporting cast to get it done....but you never know.

Although the bottom feeders in 14a have gotten much better this year.....you won't see any upsets in the first round of the 14a tourney.

I know bradford is not very good but they are definitely the most improved team in the district.. Glisson is doing a great job.. I could also see trenton surprising people in the tournament. I think uc will end up winning the district tournament because in my opinion they are a much more discipline team than lc or humboldt.