District 14A

tigerfan89

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bigster....looks like these kids at Humboldt and LC middle will be playing for many championships in the coming years! :lol:

I believe you're right..With Lake Co having a lot of sophomores starting at one time or another and two of them Swift and Raphael starting every game now and the other starter being freshman ,Devon Jones..plus the junior high players..And with Humboldt having Bryson a sophmore,and Brooks a sophomore..and Cambell only a junior..plus the guys yall have now that are freshmen and the middle school boys coming up..looks like things are still looking good for both squads..Then ,Union City always has players..looks like South Fulton has some good players on the way..Looks to be a tough district for years to come..By the way..the middle school tournament has been cancelled for today..Not sure when they will strat back..Depend on the weather because I think there is at least 1 team from Memphis...The high school game between Lake Co-Bradford is going to be played tonight..starting at 5 instead of 6 if my source is correct and it doesnt come a blizzard before then.!

Bigster,SF beat UC middle school twice.First time by 12 and the second time at SF by 4.The UC middle school started four 7th graders and off the bench played 2 more 7th graders and a 6th grader.They beat every team in the district but Humboldt.As for SF and their High School struggles.The 21-0 is impressive,but they play Black Oak,Ridgemont,Lake Road,Hillcrest,Fulton City Ky,Hickman Co,Ky,and Martin.Not taking anything away from those schools,but thats not the same as playing LC,Humboldt,Three Oaks,NO.View,Halls,and Dyersburgh.The SF team they have this year is pretty good because they have 3 big guys that are pretty good.

Purple,i picked the district top 3 right,but i had LC 2nd and Humboldt 3rd.I got to watch UC play a lot in the league and some during the summer and just came away feeling this team was better than last years.

Bigster....looks like these kids at Humboldt and LC middle will be playing for many championships in the coming years! :hungry:

I believe you're right..With Lake Co having a lot of sophomores starting at one time or another and two of them Swift and Raphael starting every game now and the other starter being freshman ,Devon Jones..plus the junior high players..And with Humboldt having Bryson a sophmore,and Brooks a sophomore..and Cambell only a junior..plus the guys yall have now that are freshmen and the middle school boys coming up..looks like things are still looking good for both squads..Then ,Union City always has players..looks like South Fulton has some good players on the way..Looks to be a tough district for years to come..By the way..the middle school tournament has been cancelled for today..Not sure when they will strat back..Depend on the weather because I think there is at least 1 team from Memphis...The high school game between Lake Co-Bradford is going to be played tonight..starting at 5 instead of 6 if my source is correct and it doesnt come a blizzard before then.!

I heard the middle school tournaments starts back tomorrow..I don't know when the Vikings play or Union City girls but Lake Co boys play south Fulton at 5:00 and the Lake Co girls play J.P. Fielman or something close at 6:20..Heard the J.P. team was from Memphis,has about 3 girls in the 5'8 range and were probably the team to beat.!

Bigster....looks like these kids at Humboldt and LC middle will be playing for many championships in the coming years! :thumb:

I heard the middle school tournaments starts back tomorrow..I don't know when the Vikings play or Union City girls but Lake Co boys play south Fulton at 5:00 and the Lake Co girls play J.P. Fielman or something close at 6:20..Heard the J.P. team was from Memphis,has about 3 girls in the 5'8 range and were probably the team to beat.!

Thanks for the info on the district and region play! Where are these middle school touraments being played! Sounds like alot of talent is out there for some district 14a teams in the future! :D

Tomorrows Semi-Final round of the wtac middle school boys tourney as follows

Lake Co vs South Fulton

Humboldt vs Bolivar

@ Tiptonville :lol:

Thanks for the info! Kept us folk here Gibson County updated! :lol:

The boys semi's are today but there are some girls games as well I believe..Lake Co girls are supposedely playing the Memphis team at 5 followed by the Lake Co-South Fulton boys at 6:20..So..I'm guessing the Humboldt game must be around 7:30..!Unless I heard wrong about the Lake Co girls..I plan on going at 5 so if Lake Co girls aren't playing..hope someone will let me know on here.!But I guess it doesn't really matter..Going to watch some games no matter who plays.I'll be there for the Humboldt -Bolivar game as well .!

Lake Co vs South Fulton

Humboldt vs Bolivar

@ Tiptonville :lol:

Thanks for the info! Kept us folk here Gibson County updated! :lol:

The boys semi's are today but there are some girls games as well I believe..Lake Co girls are supposedely playing the Memphis team at 5 followed by the Lake Co-South Fulton boys at 6:20..So..I'm guessing the Humboldt game must be around 7:30..!Unless I heard wrong about the Lake Co girls..I plan on going at 5 so if Lake Co girls aren't playing..hope someone will let me know on here.!But I guess it doesn't really matter..Going to watch some games no matter who plays.I'll be there for the Humboldt -Bolivar game as well .!

Let us know how everyone does and thanks! :lol:

Lake Co vs South Fulton

Humboldt vs Bolivar

@ Tiptonville :thumb:

Thanks for the info! Kept us folk here Gibson County updated! :ph34r:

Humboldt didn't play ..The Vikings play tonight ..I believe at 7:30..Some very good teams ..About 5 or 6 from Memphis..Lake Co boys handed South Fulton boys their first loss of the year 43-33.Lake Co led all the way..Had about a 15 point lead at one time but a tech was called on one of the Lake Co players after making a basket and Souty Fulton ended up getting within 7 at one time..South Fulton does have a lot of talent.If they stay together they should be a team on the rise in high school..The next game Lake Co girls playe dunbeaten J.P.Frieman...they looked like a high school team as far as height..Was taller than our high school team..Looked like Liberty..But they weren't a good shooting team from what I saw..Lake Co ran away with a 53-23 win to hand them their first loss..Lake Co has a sharpshooter in Tiana Gray..Without a doubt ,I see her in the starting lineup next year..Shoots free throws better than anyone on our high school team..And also the Yancey girl, a 7th grader that's a T.T. clone..Very fast,handles the ball pretty well..had about 16 points..I was amazed to how much like T.T. she looks and plays like..In the last game,a girls team from Memphis named Lester was beating Black Oak about 20 to 6...I left at the half of this game..Tournament will continue tonight with Lake Co playing Martin girls at 6 and then Humboldt boys..Don't remember after that..I do know Memphis Hume boys and Airways are in the tournament..Some excellent teams.!

Lake Co vs South Fulton

Humboldt vs Bolivar

@ Tiptonville :thumb:

Thanks for the info! Kept us folk here Gibson County updated! :ph34r:

Humboldt didn't play ..The Vikings play tonight ..I believe at 7:30..Some very good teams ..About 5 or 6 from Memphis..Lake Co boys handed South Fulton boys their first loss of the year 43-33.Lake Co led all the way..Had about a 15 point lead at one time but a tech was called on one of the Lake Co players after making a basket and Souty Fulton ended up getting within 7 at one time..South Fulton does have a lot of talent.If they stay together they should be a team on the rise in high school..The next game Lake Co girls playe dunbeaten J.P.Frieman...they looked like a high school team as far as height..Was taller than our high school team..Looked like Liberty..But they weren't a good shooting team from what I saw..Lake Co ran away with a 53-23 win to hand them their first loss..Lake Co has a sharpshooter in Tiana Gray..Without a doubt ,I see her in the starting lineup next year..Shoots free throws better than anyone on our high school team..And also the Yancey girl, a 7th grader that's a T.T. clone..Very fast,handles the ball pretty well..had about 16 points..I was amazed to how much like T.T. she looks and plays like..In the last game,a girls team from Memphis named Lester was beating Black Oak about 20 to 6...I left at the half of this game..Tournament will continue tonight with Lake Co playing Martin girls at 6 and then Humboldt boys..Don't remember after that..I do know Memphis Hume boys and Airways are in the tournament..Some excellent teams.!

Sounds like some teams will be awful hard to handle in the future. District 14A looks like it will get even stronger! Thanks for the update! :blush:

I admit..I know South Fulton was undefeated but was a little skeptical of the teams they had played..But South Fulton has a lot of talent.A white boy that handled the ball very well and about 3 black guys with some height..Looked to be very athletic.I believe the high school team there are starting several fershmen.So things look bright for South Fulton..And if they were playing the teams in our district,Humboldt,Dyersburg,Lake Co..may would have some losses but they would make it close..They do have talent.But like we said..Lake Co and Humboldt are both young..Lake Co will more than likely start 4 juniors to be next year and a sophomore.. Plus the players they have coming up for some depth.!I'm going to Bradford tonight..would love to see the middle school teams..Hopefully the Lake Co girls will beat Martin tonight and if that happens..will be in the championship Sat..Could face Union City girls if things fall into place..Union City girls will play Lester I'm pretty sure.!