Camden Lions vs. Lewis Co. Panthers

Ctownfootball

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on guys get real Camden is going to slaughter Lewis County :):thumb::ph34r:

Well Mr. Steve sir, as much as I would like to agree with you I simply can't. Lewis Co. is playing in a district paired up with a couple teams that We Camden Lions often have failed at beating. The Panthers have been playing teams Like Goodpasature, CPA, basically every team that was in the old classifications Region 5. Therefore I don't believe this gae will be a blowout due to the caliber of teams they have been playing, but I still give the edge to my Bleoved Camden Lions by 14+.

Lewis Co. Losses

Giles Co- (9-1)- # 1 seed in 4A

Spring Hill- (8-2)- # 3 seed in 4A

Page- (6-4)- # 7 seed in 4A

Fairview- (6-4)- # 5 seed in 3A

Wayne Co.- (10-0)- # 1 seed in 1A

Mt. Pleasant (5-5)- # 4 seed in 1A

Collinwood (6-3)- # 4 seed in 1A

All 7 losses to playoff teams with a combined 50-19 record.

This game will be more competitive than people think.

Lewis Co. Losses

Giles Co- (9-1)- # 1 seed in 4A

Spring Hill- (8-2)- # 3 seed in 4A

Page- (6-4)- # 7 seed in 4A

Fairview- (6-4)- # 5 seed in 3A

Wayne Co.- (10-0)- # 1 seed in 1A

Mt. Pleasant (5-5)- # 4 seed in 1A

Collinwood (6-3)- # 4 seed in 1A

All 7 losses to playoff teams with a combined 50-19 record.

This game will be more competitive than people think.

Glad you posted that. I have read the knocks against LC in past years about their "easy" regular season play. They have seen speed and physical play in abundance this year. You can bet they will not face anything they haven't been exposed to all season. You look past this bunch and you are a spectator after Friday night. :thumb:

Not to take anything away from Lewis Co., and we certainly don't want to look past anyone at this point but I don't think it will be much of a contest. Camden by as many as they want. If you look at teams Lewis Co. has played, for instance, Mt. Pleasant (5-5). Mt. Pleasant's schedule included teams such as Richland (1-9), Lorretto (1-9). They also plalyed Spring Hill (8-2) who's schedule included Marshall Co (1-9) Hickman Co. (4-6). My point is to look at who Lewis Co. played throughout the season looks like a difficult schedule if you go by records but if you look at who their competition played, not near as impressive. The Lions will have to show up for this game though. They can't play down and expect to walk away with the win. Lewis Co. would love nothing better than show up and try to take away our season, no doubt, so our boys have to step up on both sides of the ball. I have the upmost faith that these young men and our coaching staff learned some valuable lessons from the CW loss, are making the proper adjustments, aren't going to "assume" anything and are bringing a whole bag full of goodies friday night. Can't wait to see them in action. We have yet to see our Mighty Lions play to their full potential this year. When the Seniors step up and lead the younger players, when the coachs start playing a little bit out of their comfort zone and have some faith in these young men and it all comes together.....WATCH OUT!!!!

Camden 35

Lewis Co. 14

Anybody overlooking Lewis CO is a fool. Camden is a familiar foe for them. They're not scared...why should they be when they KNOW they have beat them in the past. Let's hope all this overlooking is being done by the fans and not by the Lion players. Games like this can come back and bite you in the butt if you do. Go LIONS!

Not to take anything away from Lewis Co., and we certainly don't want to look past anyone at this point but I don't think it will be much of a contest. Camden by as many as they want. If you look at teams Lewis Co. has played, for instance, Mt. Pleasant (5-5). Mt. Pleasant's schedule included teams such as Richland (1-9), Lorretto (1-9). They also plalyed Spring Hill (8-2) who's schedule included Marshall Co (1-9) Hickman Co. (4-6). My point is to look at who Lewis Co. played throughout the season looks like a difficult schedule if you go by records but if you look at who their competition played, not near as impressive. The Lions will have to show up for this game though. They can't play down and expect to walk away with the win. Lewis Co. would love nothing better than show up and try to take away our season, no doubt, so our boys have to step up on both sides of the ball. I have the upmost faith that these young men and our coaching staff learned some valuable lessons from the CW loss, are making the proper adjustments, aren't going to "assume" anything and are bringing a whole bag full of goodies friday night. Can't wait to see them in action. We have yet to see our Mighty Lions play to their full potential this year. When the Seniors step up and lead the younger players, when the coachs start playing a little bit out of their comfort zone and have some faith in these young men and it all comes together.....WATCH OUT!!!!

Camden 35

Lewis Co. 14

Camden's 9-1 record doesn't look to impressive either when you see.

0-10 Bruceton

1-9 Cheatham Co.

2-8 Montgomery Central

4-6 Waverly

Fantasy the point I am trying to make is that Lewis is a solid opponent who should not be overlooked. Especially after Camden the last two years have somewhat struggled in the playoffs, before that they had been really dominant in the first two rounds. Looks like they may return to that dominance this season.

I agree, NO ONE should be overlooked. We all start with the same record this week, no matter who you played throughout the season. I was only pointing out the caliber of teams that have made it into the playoffs this year isn't nearly as gruelling early on as in past seasons, JMO. I am excited and can't wait until friday night. I know our boys will be focused and ready.

Whoa I almost looked stupid lol, glad these two teams are playing. I can't wait for Lewis to visit again its a classy team and classy town. I hope the environment is the same as always, but I hear from a good source that the Lewis co. Community has been givin up on their boys early this season is this true?

Maybe some have given up but not all----We are still here!!!!!!! Good Luck Panthers :thumb:

Camden 35

Lewis Co. 14

Camden's 9-1 record doesn't look to impressive either when you see.

0-10 Bruceton

1-9 Cheatham Co.

2-8 Montgomery Central

4-6 Waverly

Fantasy the point I am trying to make is that Lewis is a solid opponent who should not be overlooked. Especially after Camden the last two years have somewhat struggled in the playoffs, before that they had been really dominant in the first two rounds. Looks like they may return to that dominance this season.

LEaving out quality wins ove Huntingdon, Westview and McKenzie.