Lets talk about the 6A bracket as announced...

davidlimbaugh

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me change my tune. Arlington will at least get to play at home for the first couple of rounds if they win. Independence and the other mid state schools got screwed. Another observation: Does it not matter if you were an overall district winner? White Station beat everyone in 16-AAA and has to go on the road to play a 2nd place finisher in Wooddale? Why even bother winning the district if it means nothing as far as a home game.

Let me change my tune. Arlington will at least get to play at home for the first couple of rounds if they win. Independence and the other mid state schools got screwed. Another observation: Does it not matter if you were an overall district winner? White Station beat everyone in 16-AAA and has to go on the road to play a 2nd place finisher in Wooddale? Why even bother winning the district if it means nothing as far as a home game.

I looked @ the bracket & the district standings. Wooddale is home because the are the #3 while White Station is #6. Now I have no Idea why Wooddale is seeded above WS.

Mt. Juliet is the team that got the short end of the deal.....9-1 with a 1pt double OT loss and Merry Christmas let's send Oakland to play ya.....

Our two losses were both in OT to Riverdale and to Ensworth, so MJ has nothing on us! Then we get bumped down to #3 in our district with ONE district loss to Riverdale, yet we BEAT as in SHUT OUT the district champs....blackman. That is what stinks about this. Next time I hope we schedule Cane Ridge and Station Camp like Blackman did. It really really stinks.

I looked @ the bracket & the district standings. Wooddale is home because the are the #3 while White Station is #6. Now I have no Idea why Wooddale is seeded above WS.

"After teams from the same district have been separated, placements are then arranged with priorities given to automatic qualifiers. Teams finishing 1st in their district will receive highest priority. Teams finishing 2nd in their district will receive second priority. Teams not finishing 1st or 2nd in their district but finishing in the top half of their subdivision will be given third priority, followed by wild card qualifiers."

oops???

Let's analyze:

#1 Germantown - won district 15

#2 Brighton - won district 13

#3 Wooddale - finished second in district 15

#4 Millington - finished second in district 14

#5 Kirby - finished third in district 15

#6 White Station - won district 16

#7 Whitehaven - finished third in district 16

#8 Cordova - finished third in district 14

I don't know how White Station ended up a 6 seed?