Lets talk about the 6A bracket as announced...

davidlimbaugh

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How about Sevier Co?

They go 10-0, get a 1 seed, and.....CONGRATS!!!! You reward is 8-2 Bearden in the first round.

Then of course, you get a 7-3 Cookeville teams that gets a 4-6 team in the first round....

This is messed up.

I think they need to revisit the 'wildcards come last' rule. I understand that seeding determines home and away but seeding a 1-9 White Co in 5A higher than 8 because they are not a wildcard ???

They have Whitehaven and Cordova right because they were both wild cards. They have Germantown right and Brighton (they were both district winners). Wooddale should have a home game because they were the highest rated of the #2's (at least I thought so) but it should have been as a #4

Since they moved Arlington, I thought it should have been this:

1) Germantown vs 8) Whitehaven (should be Cordova but since WS can't play WH first rd, a WC had to be moved)

4) Wooddale vs 5) Millington

2) White Station vs 7) Cordova

3) Brighton vs 6) Kirby (3rd AQ from their district)

How about Sevier Co?

They go 10-0, get a 1 seed, and.....CONGRATS!!!! You reward is 8-2 Bearden in the first round.

Then of course, you get a 7-3 Cookeville teams that gets a 4-6 team in the first round....

This is messed up.

I think they need to revisit the 'wildcards come last' rule. I understand that seeding determines home and away but seeding a 1-9 White Co in 5A higher than 8 because they are not a wildcard ???

Right now I think we'll give Arlington the "We Got Screwed Award" in 6A and give Sevier Co. runner up.

Arlington just got screwed

No, you're right. Arlington did get screwed. They messed this all up. This new format won't last long.

How did Arlington 'get messed up' ?

They are a 1 seed, getting at least 3 home games (who hosts in week 4?) and they get middle tennessee teams making long bus rides to get there...

How did they not stay in Quad 4? I guess going 10-0 doesn't matter. Middle Tennessee teams don't mind long bus rides.

Let me change my tune. Arlington will at least get to play at home for the first couple of rounds if they win. Independence and the other mid state schools got screwed. Another observation: Does it not matter if you were an overall district winner? White Station beat everyone in 16-AAA and has to go on the road to play a 2nd place finisher in Wooddale? Why even bother winning the district if it means nothing as far as a home game.

I looked @ the bracket & the district standings. Wooddale is home because the are the #3 while White Station is #6. Now I have no Idea why Wooddale is seeded above WS.

Let's analyze:

#1 Germantown - won district 15

#2 Brighton - won district 13

#3 Wooddale - finished second in district 15

#4 Millington - finished second in district 14

#5 Kirby - finished third in district 15

#6 White Station - won district 16

#7 Whitehaven - finished third in district 16

#8 Cordova - finished third in district 14

I don't know how White Station ended up a 6 seed?

This wouldn't have happened if Arlington had been kept in this Quad. I still don't know how White Station, a district #1 is seeded behind 2 #2s and a #3....under their rules this couldn't be done, seems like I got this quad more correct. If they had moved Cordova, after the 1st round they most likely wouldn't have to worry about the travel from middle tn to memphis, but now they could for the 1st 3 rounds (and this is suppose to be about money, and travel expenses).

As I look at the west quad, if White Station was the 3 seed, nobody would be playing a team from their district the 1st round if you bumped everyone down a spot. They did make a change to one of the brackets after it was released a minute ago, basically they forgot one of their teams was on sanctions and couldn't host a playoff game. I can't believe they would miss that the seeding was not right in Quad 4.