Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett 1st Round

Red Rebels

Red Rebulls...Eye'll maik a deel wif ye.....Eye'll go and saiv sum seets, so long az ewe feed mommaSTARS off yore talegait.....Nellie Belle's talegait haz ben licked kleen!!!!..... :roflol:

Maybe you could win the REBEL MOBILE from Ritchie Tractor to haul momma's vittles around on...

RR....Knot sure that lil Rebel Mobile wood gitter dunn.....Now if 'un thay wuz sellin' raffull tickits on a tandem axle Mack, wif a dump bed, and hi sideboards we mite bee onta sumthun'....... :roflolk:

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its hard to argue Maryville has not had the best record in TN over the last 10-12 years. Because they have. I am a DB fan. We all know DB is down this year. DB scrimmages Maryville, plays MBA, Oak Ridge, Farragut, etc outside their conference to toughen up. And DB got whipped some this year. Usually vs Maryville in preseason DB losses. Cap1 and other DB haters spin this into something it is not. All DB fans know Maryville WILL and can win state at 6A, just not with so much ease. Sorry, Oakland, Riverdale, Brentwood, Franklin would just mop most 5A schools(Maryville is 6A now) . This year I think Maryville will get to semis and prob will win, but not as easy as in past.

Research this all upper East TN haters of DB. In the past 4A could get to the semis before meeting a Knoxville team. DB usually meets these Knox in the 1st round. Check your record against teams west of Morristown, sad. Now this year 5A has better teams for you early, but still not too tough. DB never said Maryville was a non factor in 6A, they know better. I remember TN High in 04 getting ran over, and South as well soon after

Here's the problem with your statement. In the past, each time a time from upper east TN played a team west of Morristown it was Maryville. We didn't get teams of lesser caliber in the first round like DB has in years past (choke choke) Just like you will see this week, Maryville is a different animal than the rest of the state.

So just because you play a team during the first round, it shouldn't count for anything? That's funny you say that because you all seem to have a lot of trouble with those Knoxville teams in the first round. And don't start saying that the competition is better in your classification because that's the reason for the classifications. Schools with enrollment over 2000 play other schools with the same enrollment. There's a reason that Tn High and South aren't in 6A. Learn how to count, BUD!! :thumb:

Play the tuba, boys!!!! One and done, one and done!!! :roflol:

And don't start saying that the competition is better in your classification because that's the reason for the classifications. Schools with enrollment over 2000 play other schools with the same enrollment. There's a reason that Tn High and South aren't in 6A. Learn how to count, BUD!!

Maryville will need to get some more students if we have to be at 2,000. We get to pick them though...

Here's the game history between DB & Maryville.

DB is 2 Wins and 0 losses:

Oct 1944, DB 28 - Maryville High 0

Oct 1945, DB 32 @ Maryville High 7

Both games played during the season.

ROLL TRIBE! :thumb:

The five years after that 1944 team was maybe the greatest years in Dobyns - Bennett football history.That's where some of those state championships were voted on and well deserved.Dobyns-Bennett only lost one game in that five year time frame.Much like the past few years that Maryville has had.People can make fun of winning it on the field all they want,but many of those fans are the first to point out a national championship that their team was voted for.DB has had some of the great names in football history start their careers as an Indian in Kingsport and even being a rebuilding year,this group will bring the pride of playing for one of the best in Tennessee on down to play another one of the states alltime best.We look forward to a long and great group of games as we had against Oak Ridge and others in that area.

Its hard to argue Maryville has not had the best record in TN over the last 10-12 years. Because they have. I am a DB fan. We all know DB is down this year. DB scrimmages Maryville, plays MBA, Oak Ridge, Farragut, etc outside their conference to toughen up. And DB got whipped some this year. Usually vs Maryville in preseason DB losses. Cap1 and other DB haters spin this into something it is not. All DB fans know Maryville WILL and can win state at 6A, just not with so much ease. Sorry, Oakland, Riverdale, Brentwood, Franklin would just mop most 5A schools(Maryville is 6A now) . This year I think Maryville will get to semis and prob will win, but not as easy as in past.

Research this all upper East TN haters of DB. In the past 4A could get to the semis before meeting a Knoxville team. DB usually meets these Knox in the 1st round. Check your record against teams west of Morristown, sad. Now this year 5A has better teams for you early, but still not too tough. DB never said Maryville was a non factor in 6A, they know better. I remember TN High in 04 getting ran over, and South as well soon after

Exactly!!! That’s why DB is labeled the “ONE AND DONE” team of the East BUD! :thumb: Now open mouth, and insert foot. :roflol: Why do you call me a “DB hater” just because I called some of your posters out for not giving it up for Maryville? It’s really not a big deal. I don’t dislike DB any more than other opponents. Go back and look at my posts during the game with us, and even the game with South… my words speak for themselves. I simple give credit where credit is due… no SUGAR added. If it’s not due, you won’t get it from me. Now why don’t you guys give up copin deuces, and talk about the game. I know you’re not going to have the “nads” to bring up the “they won’t do as well with the Big Boy” crap because THEY have already proven that to be untrue. And some of your buddies have already tried the scrimmage comparison and have been laughed at by most on these boards. So why don’t you try talking about the game and quit wining about not having any friends to play with in N.E.T and how nobody likes poor old (as dirt) DB, because I’m personally sick of hearing it. You still have plenty of others on here that don’t mind bowing down to the “Winningest Team In TN”… and would love to sit by the campfire singing Kumbaya with ya… and I guess that including a couple of THS posters (who have obviously experienced some shrinkage this week) dry.gif . I’m just not one of them. So just take your bone go play…..BUD.

The five years after that 1944 team was maybe the greatest years in Dobyns - Bennett football history.That's where some of those state championships were voted on and well deserved.Dobyns-Bennett only lost one game in that five year time frame.Much like the past few years that Maryville has had.People can make fun of winning it on the field all they want,but many of those fans are the first to point out a national championship that their team was voted for.DB has had some of the great names in football history start their careers as an Indian in Kingsport and even being a rebuilding year,this group will bring the pride of playing for one of the best in Tennessee on down to play another one of the states alltime best.We look forward to a long and great group of games as we had against Oak Ridge and others in that area.

They were pretty convincing winning in '71 and then defeating the future national champions by a score of 39-6. DB has had some great teams as well, like you have mentioned. But that will always be a subject for someone who is jealous of either program. I know if a team was voted state champs back then they would be proud and I know that teams in the present would be not only proud, but estatic if they were voted national champions.

They were pretty convincing winning in '71 and then defeating the future national champions by a score of 39-6. DB has had some great teams as well, like you have mentioned. But that will always be a subject for someone who is jealous of either program. I know if a team was voted state champs back then they would be proud and I know that teams in the present would be not only proud, but estatic if they were voted national champions.

A state or national title of any kind is very much something to be proud of .I don't think anyone would have a problem of raising a state trophy if they were still voted on today.We would be crowing from one just last year if it had been the case.I know when the Devils break through and beat the guys their own size, I will crow a little as well.I won't crow to loud because I'll still be mad that they don't go up against the big boys any more.I'd much rather see them going against and beating the big boys every now and then as beating up blue ridge valley at the third dumster.When you get to Knoxville in most years,it won't matter to most of the upper east TN teams,because the going will start up hill in most classes of play.The good that will come out of the six classes,is we can watch several teams give it their best. I really like Tennessee High's chances this year in 5A.You have to take them one at a time,but the road couldn't be more cleanly paved for a very good upper east TN team.

Ok… enough of the History Channel. I’m sure we are all enlightened now as I’m sure they were last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, with that same old “back in the day” discussion.

Who is Maryville’s best athlete this year… and are there any D1 prospects to be looking at this Friday? DB has a beast of a RB (Sensabaugh #32) that would rather go over, as appose to around you. He’s has good speed and is a very determined runner. The QB (Roop #4) has a descent arm short to midrange, and has gained confidents as the season has progressed. He’s a gutsy player that doesn’t always make the right decisions, but seems to leave it all on the field. He would rather tuck it and run as appose to passing. At WR (Steele #3) is allusive when he gets the ball, and if he gets in the open field he’s gone… the kid is fast! Those three are your playmakers. On defense DB can be a nightmare unless you can pick up the crazy but very effective Watson (I think it is) blitz package. THS used the threat of the pass to keep the LBs and the DEs honest. Other wise they will be in the backfield all night. The D and O line (starters have good size) both showed out against South and dominated them the entire game…. and South’s line is no slouch. They didn’t fair as well with ours or Boones line… go figure. Secondary is a little soft and tend to play the receiver instead of the ball… but they will line up man to man.

Ok… enough of the History Channel. I’m sure we are all enlightened now as I’m sure they were last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, with that same old “back in the day” discussion.

Who is Maryville’s best athlete this year… and are there any D1 prospects to be looking at this Friday? DB has a beast of a RB (Sensabaugh #32) that would rather go over, as appose to around you. He’s has good speed and is a very determined runner. The QB (Roop #4) has a descent arm short to midrange, and has gained confidents as the season has progressed. He’s a gutsy player that doesn’t always make the right decisions, but seems to leave it all on the field. He would rather tuck it and run as appose to passing. At WR (Steele #3) is allusive when he gets the ball, and if he gets in the open field he’s gone… the kid is fast! Those three are your playmakers. On defense DB can be a nightmare unless you can pick up the crazy but very effective Watson (I think it is) blitz package. THS used the threat of the pass to keep the LBs and the DEs honest. Other wise they will be in the backfield all night. The D and O line (starters have good size) both showed out against South and dominated them the entire game…. and South’s line is no slouch. They didn’t fair as well with ours or Boones line… go figure. Secondary is a little soft and tend to play the receiver instead of the ball… but they will line up man to man.

I saw them last year. They have a good qb, Philip Juhlin and Buddy Jones at runningback. They had good receivers last year. I think one of them was named Trenda, but he may have graduated. They had a strong o line and d line last year against Greeneville. The linebackers appeared to be small but they were quick. Greeneville had to fight for thier only score that night.

Exactly!!! That’s why DB is labeled the “ONE AND DONE” team of the East BUD! 8-) Now open mouth, and insert foot. :thumb: Why do you call me a “DB hater” just because I called some of your posters out for not giving it up for Maryville? It’s really not a big deal. I don’t dislike DB any more than other opponents. Go back and look at my posts during the game with us, and even the game with South… my words speak for themselves. I simple give credit where credit is due… no SUGAR added. If it’s not due, you won’t get it from me. Now why don’t you guys give up copin deuces, and talk about the game. I know you’re not going to have the “nads” to bring up the “they won’t do as well with the Big Boy” crap because THEY have already proven that to be untrue. And some of your buddies have already tried the scrimmage comparison and have been laughed at by most on these boards. So why don’t you try talking about the game and quit wining about not having any friends to play with in N.E.T and how nobody likes poor old (as dirt) DB, because I’m personally sick of hearing it. You still have plenty of others on here that don’t mind bowing down to the “Winningest Team In TN”… and would love to sit by the campfire singing Kumbaya with ya… and I guess that including a couple of THS posters (who have obviously experienced some shrinkage this week) dry.gif . I’m just not one of them. So just take your bone go play…..BUD.

Everyone knows that THS has a stronger team than DB this year, but man it gets as old and even more irrelevant than talking about the past. It's not about bowing down to a team, you line up and play anyone with the mindset that you have a shot, but it is just disrespectful to continue kicking them in the mouth after the loss. The Vikings beat DB, that's great, but the Vikings won't play DB again until 2010. They have Seymour to worry about this week.

We have got to come up with a better term than Big Boys. It reminds me of some mother talking to her toddler and asking him if he is going to wear his Big Boy pants today. :thumb:8-)

When I say big boys,I really mean it and not just playing in the biggest public class of football.Last year when we went to Oak Ridge and seen the size of those boys.I said that if those big boys get a coach,we will all be hurting .6A really does have some big boys.The rebels fit right into the mold,and I know you have allready seen Farragut with their big and good athletes.That Oakland bunch last year,just lined up and ran over people with pure size and strenth.There are plenty of good teams down there this year as well.I'm not saying that the small schools are loaded with 150 pound boys,because there are some real good small teams.Just that from watching DB over the last few years,the big schools do tend to have some beast and I'm not just speaking about on the line.Oak Ridge had a couple of 6'5'' recievers and a 260 pound OB last year.