Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett 1st Round

Red Rebels

Thats good news and bad news I guess. It means that Sensabaugh is a no go. Im happy to see Swafford getting to play but man, talking about getting thrown into the fire.

What number is Swafford? It will be interesting to see how this young man can perform in such a big game and atmosphere. Has he played with the varsity before this game?

He played a little last week but didn't see any of the real good teams that we faced this year.We started with the number 1 team in the state and here we are again !! Roll Tribe

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does this slip to page 2 ?

I know this Is not either teams best team ever , but it Is still the first meeting between two of the most Prestigous Football powers in the State since WWII ! I'm Farrred up , as I'm sure everybody from Kingsport DB is too . I'm very much looking forward to seeing Kingsport DB on Maryville's field and I hope you all bring a Huge Band and a bunch of fans .

The amazing thing is with Maryville, a young team this year and as you said, not your best team, yet here you sit ranked #1 in your first year as 6A and probably will win it all. I know you have a very fine coaching staff but even the best coaches in the world couldn't do that. Maryville has great tallent every year that is developed in a system that works. Nothing real fancy, it just works. I've been screaming this up here for the past 6 years and all I get is blank stares. Our system doesn't get started until the boys enter the ninth grade. Its really caught up with us this year as the 5-5 record is the worst in 25 years. But I think that east tn. will now rule 6A like middle tn. has ruled 5a the past 10 years. With Maryville, and a Oak Ridge that is coming back in a big way, Farragut I think will have a strong team every year, Bearden is building a much stronger program, Ooltewah will always be strong, DB has had two straight undefeated freshman teams and this year freshman were possibly the best ever at the school. So these years to come in east tn. 6A is where all the focas in the state will be. The future 6A playoffs in east tn. are going to be great games. :thumb:

WaCo why do they not start until 9th grade? surely you have some type of youth leagues in Kingsport

btw congrats to the "little rebs" they just won another championship this past Saturday. I believe that makes 9 out of the last 10 and 97 wins out of the last 100 games. thats pretty good I don't care who you are.

Well if any team knows that the impossible can happen, it is the Indians. What has it been? 4 times in the last 8 years, ('01,'05,'06,'08) DB is the #1 seed, Ranked 1 or 2 in the state, playing a 5-5 team at home in Round 1... you know what comes next. It is time to turn the trick in the Tribes favor!

I heard that no word has been given one way or the other about Sensabaugh for Friday night yet. Swafford is #43 and man has he got some speed and nature moves, cat quick.

Looking forward to the trip Friday night to Maryville. There will be 3-4,000 coming from Kingsport, will the visitors side hold that?

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

How does this slip to page 2 ?

I know this Is not either teams best team ever , but it Is still the first meeting between two of the most Prestigous Football powers in the State since WWII ! I'm Farrred up , as I'm sure everybody from Kingsport DB is too . I'm very much looking forward to seeing Kingsport DB on Maryville's field and I hope you all bring a Huge Band and a bunch of fans .

The amazing thing is with Maryville, a young team this year and as you said, not your best team, yet here you sit ranked #1 in your first year as 6A and probably will win it all. I know you have a very fine coaching staff but even the best coaches in the world couldn't do that. Maryville has great tallent every year that is developed in a system that works. Nothing real fancy, it just works. I've been screaming this up here for the past 6 years and all I get is blank stares. Our system doesn't get started until the boys enter the ninth grade. Its really caught up with us this year as the 5-5 record is the worst in 25 years. But I think that east tn. will now rule 6A like middle tn. has ruled 5a the past 10 years. With Maryville, and a Oak Ridge that is coming back in a big way, Farragut I think will have a strong team every year, Bearden is building a much stronger program, Ooltewah will always be strong, DB has had two straight undefeated freshman teams and this year freshman were possibly the best ever at the school. So these years to come in east tn. 6A is where all the focas in the state will be. The future 6A playoffs in east tn. are going to be great games. :thumb:

WaCo why do they not start until 9th grade? surely you have some type of youth leagues in Kingsport

btw congrats to the "little rebs" they just won another championship this past Saturday. I believe that makes 9 out of the last 10 and 97 wins out of the last 100 games. thats pretty good I don't care who you are.

Our youth leagues have been in disaray for several years now and getting worse. There is no common goal. There used to be several good coaches in the youth leagues but they have for the most part disapeared. Most of the coaches in the youth leagues are now self ego driven. Our two middle schools have possibly the worst coaching in the state. One of our middle school head coaches is so loyal to DB he sent his own son to South, attends all the South games, and has even been spoted wearing a South cap during practice with the middle school kids. Also there is no coranation between the DB coaching staff and the middle school coaches. Get the picture.

Well if any team knows that the impossible can happen, it is the Indians. What has it been? 4 times in the last 8 years, ('01,'05,'06,'08) DB is the #1 seed, Ranked 1 or 2 in the state, playing a 5-5 team at home in Round 1... you know what comes next. It is time to turn the trick in the Tribes favor!

I heard that no word has been given one way or the other about Sensabaugh for Friday night yet. Swafford is #43 and man has he got some speed and nature moves, cat quick.

Looking forward to the trip Friday night to Maryville. There will be 3-4,000 coming from Kingsport, will the visitors side hold that?

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

I haven't seen Sawfford play, but I've heard great things. Sounds like Swafford and Sensabaugh will make a great combo of power and speed.

Chris is definitely out, but I haven't heard if Dbo or Slaughter is getting the start. If we're going to go down (and it would be a shock if we didn't) it would sure be nice to at least be at full strength, but I guess it will be good experience for the youngsters. I am glad Chris has another year and doesn't have to end things this way.

And don't start saying that the competition is better in your classification because that's the reason for the classifications. Schools with enrollment over 2000 play other schools with the same enrollment. There's a reason that Tn High and South aren't in 6A. Learn how to count, BUD!!

Maryville will need to get some more students if we have to be at 2,000. We get to pick them though...

Good lord. W1ldcat (South fan) and Cap! (TN High fan) are so basic. Teams from Knoxville and west are just tough. How nice you had to wait until the semis to play a tough team. Sorry it happened to be one of the best ever, Maryville. You still had a cake walk until then. If the old 4A teams had to play most Knox, Chatt, Nash, or Memphis teams in the 1st round lights out. Maryville beat you by insane scores. Maryville beat others in playoffs in big cities by close margins.

DB 1 and done kings? See below for new King South. And DB never missed playoffs, South did. One and Done Kings, South

South

AAAA Maryville L 17-10 Early Round

AAAA Anderson County L 21-2 Early Round

AAAA Morristown East L 20-7 Early Round

AAAA Morristown West L 45-14 Early Round

AAAA Greeneville L 27-15 Early Round

AAAA Greeneville L 52-7 Early Round

AAAA Morristown West L 38-7 Early Round

AAAA Morristown East W 45-7 Early Round

AAAA Tennessee High L 31-17 Early Round

AAAA Morristown East W 34-13 Early Round

AAAA Daniel Boone W 14-7 Early Round