Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett 1st Round

Red Rebels

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does this slip to page 2 ?

I know this Is not either teams best team ever , but it Is still the first meeting between two of the most Prestigous Football powers in the State since WWII ! I'm Farrred up , as I'm sure everybody from Kingsport DB is too . I'm very much looking forward to seeing Kingsport DB on Maryville's field and I hope you all bring a Huge Band and a bunch of fans .

It could be worse. Apparently no one has bothered to start a thread on Sevier Co. vs. Bearden -- which should be a much more competitive game than D-B at Maryville. Rooting interest (and history) aside, this one's the yawner of 6A games in East TN.

It could be worse. Apparently no one has bothered to start a thread on Sevier Co. vs. Bearden -- which should be a much more competitive game than D-B at Maryville. Rooting interest (and history) aside, this one's the yawner of 6A games in East TN.

For what it's worth I'm calling Bearden in the 1-8 upset special of the week.

I am surprised there isn't a SC vs Bearden thread. I agree this could be a great game. SC should bring their A game...Bearden could pull off the upset.

Wow !! I guess I can't complain then ....Playoff game without a thread even started ..... WOW !! :flower:

I know this Is not either teams best team ever , but it Is still the first meeting between two of the most Prestigous Football powers in the State since WWII ! I'm Farrred up , as I'm sure everybody from Kingsport DB is too . I'm very much looking forward to seeing Kingsport DB on Maryville's field and I hope you all bring a Huge Band and a bunch of fans .

The amazing thing is with Maryville, a young team this year and as you said, not your best team, yet here you sit ranked #1 in your first year as 6A and probably will win it all. I know you have a very fine coaching staff but even the best coaches in the world couldn't do that. Maryville has great tallent every year that is developed in a system that works. Nothing real fancy, it just works. I've been screaming this up here for the past 6 years and all I get is blank stares. Our system doesn't get started until the boys enter the ninth grade. Its really caught up with us this year as the 5-5 record is the worst in 25 years. But I think that east tn. will now rule 6A like middle tn. has ruled 5a the past 10 years. With Maryville, and a Oak Ridge that is coming back in a big way, Farragut I think will have a strong team every year, Bearden is building a much stronger program, Ooltewah will always be strong, DB has had two straight undefeated freshman teams and this year freshman were possibly the best ever at the school. So these years to come in east tn. 6A is where all the focas in the state will be. The future 6A playoffs in east tn. are going to be great games. :thumb:

The amazing thing is with Maryville, a young team this year and as you said, not your best team, yet here you sit ranked #1 in your first year as 6A and probably will win it all. I know you have a very fine coaching staff but even the best coaches in the world couldn't do that. Maryville has great tallent every year that is developed in a system that works. Nothing real fancy, it just works. I've been screaming this up here for the past 6 years and all I get is blank stares. Our system doesn't get started until the boys enter the ninth grade. Its really caught up with us this year as the 5-5 record is the worst in 25 years. But I think that east tn. will now rule 6A like middle tn. has ruled 5a the past 10 years. With Maryville, and a Oak Ridge that is coming back in a big way, Farragut I think will have a strong team every year, Bearden is building a much stronger program, Ooltewah will always be strong, DB has had two straight undefeated freshman teams and this year freshman were possibly the best ever at the school. So these years to come in east tn. 6A is where all the focas in the state will be. The future 6A playoffs in east tn. are going to be great games. :thumb:

From what i hear, the freshman Swafford will be getting the start at running back Friday.

Thats good news and bad news I guess. It means that Sensabaugh is a no go. Im happy to see Swafford getting to play but man, talking about getting thrown into the fire.

What number is Swafford? It will be interesting to see how this young man can perform in such a big game and atmosphere. Has he played with the varsity before this game?

Thats good news and bad news I guess. It means that Sensabaugh is a no go. Im happy to see Swafford getting to play but man, talking about getting thrown into the fire.

What number is Swafford? It will be interesting to see how this young man can perform in such a big game and atmosphere. Has he played with the varsity before this game?

I'm pretty sure he'll be wearing number 43.. and he has been practicing with varsity for a while and got some playing time in the volunteer game last week.