Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett 1st Round

Red Rebels

I have seen DB play far too many times to count over the past 20 years.

This is the first time that I have seen the Tribe be completely non competetive. DB did not begin to create a stir in this contest. A stunningly embarassing performance. Hard to sit through and not get mad. DB even fumbled on their final play of the game. Can't begin to understand why Roop was still in at the end when M'ville is playing the kids that live down the street from the third-teamers.

Marville did as they pleased, when they pleased. Very, very well coached. They execute, they make plays. They have gotten better over the course of the year. They play as if they have a plan and a purpose. They have a football program.

Clark and GQ are separated by few percentage points in winning percentage. Their respective programs are currently light years apar

I honestly didn't expect DB to win, but I did expect a competive, well coached team.

I still don't know what this DB team does well offensively.

DB was not competetive against Farragut, TN High or M'ville. Lost to Sevier Co and Daniel Boone - teams most agree that they should have beaten.

I am certainly concerned about the direction of the program.

Hey, welcome aboard RollTribe. What I've been warning everybody about for the past 5 or 6 years now. DB's chickens have come home to roost. Tonight was a truly pathetic effort by the team and coaching staff. Our freshman team would of put forth a better effort. Its no supprise that Maryville won tonight. I don't think anyone really believed DB would pull it off. But it would of been more honorable to just forfit the game than embarress yourself like this. I better just leave it at that and wait until tommorrow to post anything else. I wouldn't want to hurt anybody's feelings.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

George Quarles is now the winningest coach in Maryville history @ 147-10. He passed former MHS/D-B head coach Ted Wilson. :ph34r:

Congratulations GQ!!!! Most impressive of all is the fact that you won 147 and loss 10 games while showing nothing but class. You have never been an embarassment to your players, coaches, fans or family. Class Act!!! :angry:

No dog in this fight, I am a Clinton fan. Until this year,Clinton has been down for the past six years or so. Over this time, Maryville could have beaten Clinton 100-0 if they had wanted to. Unlike some other teams (Oak Ridge/Central), Maryville never one time ran the score up on Clinton. To my knowledge, Coach GQ never really ran the score up on any team. He gets a good lead and plays the younger kids to get them valuable expierance for later on. That my friends, is how dynasty's are built. Congrats to Coach GQ and good luck in winning ANOTHER state title.

As a former player, student, and now fan, the above waco post in completely classless IMO. Not sure who your team is but there is no need to say stuff like that, especially after you beat a team. I do hope D-B gets a lot better and hopefully in a few years we can have great match ups against the tride. Best of luck next year and I do hope we see you again. As for the Rebels, not much to say...same old dominating Maryville.

As a former player, student, and now fan, the above waco post in completely classless IMO. Not sure who your team is but there is no need to say stuff like that, especially after you beat a team. I do hope D-B gets a lot better and hopefully in a few years we can have great match ups against the tride. Best of luck next year and I do hope we see you again. As for the Rebels, not much to say...same old dominating Maryville.

I believe Waco is a D-B fan.

Tonight was not a good night for the Tribe. Maryville is a great team, no doubt and i wish you all the best of luck. With a lot of key starters returning next year and us having a lot of young talent coming up, im looking forward to future. And maybe we will meet up in the playoffs again next year?? :(

Go Tribe!

Now that you say that and I re-read his post it makes sense. Dang man, why be so down on your team? The kids read this stuff.

You have to know the situation. I bet if I explained it to you in detail you would agree. I know its a little harsh for them to read this stuff but I have never been to concerned about hurting someones feelings if Im telling the truth. Besides, these guys are alittle past being kids. They'll be old enough to go to war next year. Some are already old enough. The biggest problem with this group is they never put forth the effort in the off season for the past two years. So now they see the result. I don't feel sorry for them. I still support the team and the program and always will. But I don't feel sorry for them.

Congrads Maryville on a great game.After the first three and out we had on defense,to only let that punter get the yards needed after the bad snap.Well, it was down hill from that point.This may be the best team that I had seen on film in a while and I knew it would take a perfect game to be competitive.You deserve your ranking and it will take a very good team to beat you.There are those teams out there,but they will still have to play a good game to beat this Maryville team.Good luck in the playoffs and I look forward to many games between us down the road

Congrads Maryville on a great game.After the first three and out we had on defense,to only let that punter get the yards needed after the bad snap.Well, it was down hill from that point.This may be the best team that I had seen on film in a while and I knew it would take a perfect game to be competitive.You deserve your ranking and it will take a very good team to beat you.There are those teams out there,but they will still have to play a good game to beat this Maryville team.Good luck in the playoffs and I look forward to many games between us down the road

Likewise Batman. I understand that D-B had a tough season this year and were really affected by the loss of 32 for last nights game. I'm sure we will see alot more of each other in the years to come (if the Z plan is around). Classy program, keep on supporting and encouraging those kids.

Congrats to the Red Rebels, you guys are really good! Well coached would be an under statement, by far the BEST high school team I've seen in sometime. It would take a very good team playing against you and you having a bad game to beat you! Your fans were great and treated us like long time friends! Nothing but class from top to bottom. DB, as we proved last night, is down; but we will rebound and hopefully be more competiitive next time. Best to you and hope you bring home your 1st 6A championship! :D