Obion Central Rebels @ Mem. Fairley Bulldogs

Showtime9, thanks for your post. While I would rather the game be in Troy,(it is a much shorter drive), I look forward to what I think will be a very good game between two good teams. We covered a game at that field several years ago, and after I found it, everything went great. We expect the same this time. I think you will find a large group of OC fans across the way from you Friday night. Looking forward to a good night of football. :thumb:

GO REBELS!!!!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be an interesting matchup in Round One of the Playoffs. Both teams come in at 6-4 and winners of their last two games to get to the post-season.

The Bulldogs avg. 20 p/g and allow about 17 p/g so the Rebels may see a stingy defense. :roflol:

What can you say about the turn around with the football program at the "OC" this season.

Going 0 for 20 in the last two seasons to winning 4 of the last 5 to punch the playoff ticket. :roflol: Patrick Haskins leads the way having accounted for over 2,300 all purpose yards for the Rebels.

Patrick Minnick and Lucas Fullbright have also ran the ball well of late as the spread offense has given opponents fits of late. OCCHS biggest improvment has been on defense going from a team that allowed 46 points per game last season to less than half of that this year, allowing around 21 points/game. :roflol:

This played a huge role in district wins over Covington, D'burg and Ripley and I for one am looking forward to an exciting 1st round matchup at JP Freeman field.

I know Rebel Nation will be out in full force but if by some chance you can't make the trip to Memphis, you can check out the game on 96.1 and 104.9 FM (Rebel Radio) with pre-game set for 6:30..

Getcha Popcorn Ready :popcorneater:

I said the last few weeks that the defense has been whats putting the Rebels in contention. I think that is still the case. With a couple of exceptions, the defense has played really well, and I think in the games they didn't, the fault was on the scheme and not their actual play. Should be a good game Friday night for all of us to see. GO REBELS!!! :blink:

Have you people lost it? Not used to post season and may not make the trip? Last minute cancellations? Get real. I believe the COACH stated that he tried to get the game moved due to the field conditions. The Rebels have played in 3 previous post-season games in Memphis in the past, and I don't believe they cancelled. I personally don't go to Memphis unless I have to, Nashville either for that matter. But I'll be where the Rebels are playing regardless. Some of the statements being made on here are ludicrous. I didn't see any OC fans bashing Fairley. Stir your stink in another direction. Win or lose, the Rebels and Rebel fans will be on hand Friday night in Memphis. No one has judged the people from Fairley. If there is a pre-judgement, it is on the city of Memphis. Showtime9, best of luck to your bunch on Friday night. The Rebels will be there and so will I.

Did Obion County cancell a freshman game two weeks ago on Henry Co. or not?...again..just know what you are talking about before you post!

:wacko: ...And like there has NEVER been any freshmen or JV football games cancelled (God Forbid)....You schedule those things, may have 8 or so games, may get to play 5 of em... :blink:

At the varsity level,that matters by the way, I would doubt you would ever find an instance where Obion Central cancelled anything...Going with a freshman game as an indictment of a program is a stretch at best.... :flower:

Have you people lost it? Not used to post season and may not make the trip? Last minute cancellations? Get real. I believe the COACH stated that he tried to get the game moved due to the field conditions. The Rebels have played in 3 previous post-season games in Memphis in the past, and I don't believe they cancelled. I personally don't go to Memphis unless I have to, Nashville either for that matter. But I'll be where the Rebels are playing regardless. Some of the statements being made on here are ludicrous. I didn't see any OC fans bashing Fairley. Stir your stink in another direction. Win or lose, the Rebels and Rebel fans will be on hand Friday night in Memphis. No one has judged the people from Fairley. If there is a pre-judgement, it is on the city of Memphis. Showtime9, best of luck to your bunch on Friday night. The Rebels will be there and so will I.

Did Obion County cancell a freshman game two weeks ago on Henry Co. or not?...again..just know what you are talking about before you post!

Wow, maybe you ought to know what you are talking about before posting bro....according to the freshmen coach (who I happen to talk to), they had to cancel because their freshmen had not played a game in 3 weeks due to other teams cancelling. Add to that it was the next to last week of the regular season. If the game had been earlier OR the other teams had not cancelled so that the freshmen Rebels could play, there probably would have been a game.

Like I said earlier, do you honestly deep down in your heart that Coach Jackson would cancel a playoff game? That he, the staff, and the players would work to this point to do something like that? Get real pal!

ike I said earlier, do you honestly deep down in your heart that Coach Jackson would cancel a playoff game? That he, the staff, and the players would work to this point to do something like that? Get real pal!

Apparently you've never coached, or had kids that played football at any level...otherwise you would understand when you cancel a game that you previously scheduled...you also cancel on your own kids....robbing them of their season an the opportunity to get "real game" experience...not to mention that is just absolutely poor sportsmanship shown toward the other team! Apparently...it's become a habit around most schools in West TN!! During the three weeks off, did the Obion County Rebels forget the rules? Did they lose their equipment? Did the players all quit? Just curious how ...."they haven't played in three weeks" is anytime type of legitimate EXCUSE! (no wonder you haven't been to the postseason in 4 years)

Therefore, most around here..(including myself) couldn't be happier to see the whining Rebels get it handed to them this week at JP Freeman! Let's here ya Fairley Bulldogs!!!..you still have friends in Paris!!!

ike I said earlier, do you honestly deep down in your heart that Coach Jackson would cancel a playoff game? That he, the staff, and the players would work to this point to do something like that? Get real pal!

Apparently you've never coached, or had kids that played football at any level...otherwise you would understand when you cancel a game that you previously scheduled...you also cancel on your own kids....robbing them of their season an the opportunity to get "real game" experience...not to mention that is just absolutely poor sportsmanship shown toward the other team! Apparently...it's become a habit around most schools in West TN!! During the three weeks off, did the Obion County Rebels forget the rules? Did they lose their equipment? Did the players all quit? Just curious how ...."they haven't played in three weeks" is anytime type of legitimate EXCUSE! (no wonder you haven't been to the postseason in 4 years)

Therefore, most around here..(including myself) couldn't be happier to see the whining Rebels get it handed to them this week at JP Freeman! Let's here ya Fairley Bulldogs!!!..you still have friends in Paris!!!

Wow.....and all this cancelling of a freshmen game has a bearing on Friday night in what way bro? If you want to pursue this line of thought, give Coach Jackson a call and ask him how many games (Varsity, JV, or Freshmen) he has cancelled in his two years at OC. There are probably several answers he could give you, but the correct answer would be one, against your beloved Henry County Patriots. The JV played five games this year (out of 8 scheduled) and the freshmen played 5 games (out of 9 scheduled). So go ahead and keep your panties in a wad because they cancelled out on you.

As far as "whining rebel fans", I haven't seen any yet posting. We can't wait till Friday, which we'll be down there in Memphis to cheer them on! And unlike you, I've got nothing but respect for Henry County...good luck to them! Peace!!

Wow.....and all this cancelling of a freshmen game has a bearing on Friday night in what way bro? If you want to pursue this line of thought, give Coach Jackson a call and ask him how many games (Varsity, JV, or Freshmen) he has cancelled in his two years at OC. There are probably several answers he could give you, but the correct answer would be one, against your beloved Henry County Patriots. The JV played five games this year (out of 8 scheduled) and the freshmen played 5 games (out of 9 scheduled). So go ahead and keep your panties in a wad because they cancelled out on you.

As far as "whining rebel fans", I haven't seen any yet posting. We can't wait till Friday, which we'll be down there in Memphis to cheer them on! And unlike you, I've got nothing but respect for Henry County...good luck to them! Peace!!

Thanks for the nod of respect towards your neighbors a couple counties away....but "athletically" speaking...we respect those that stick to their words...which has not been the case with Troy's only high school! Sadly, most here also held OCCHS in high regard until this incident a couple weeks back. Most here have had it with schools canceling games. (not just OCCHS) Just because you are a victim...does not make it okay to do the same to another team!

As for the whining fans...read this article posted on here a couple days ago. Each team in Tennessee that plays a home game...seemingly has somewhat of an advantage whether it be crowd support, more rest from lack of travel, or in this case field conditions. Does home advantage automatically constitute a win....NO....but, trying to have a game moved due to "subpar field conditions" in this case suggestion whining! Check the link below.

p.s. Safe travels to JP FREEMAN!

article about OC trying to move the game to Troy....

http://www.nwtntoday.com/news.php?viewStory=33400

This thread was getting silly now just getting stupid! :thumb:

gotta agree..not playing freshman games is not unusual for various reasons..

GO REBELS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly, my son is a freshman at OC and for the reasons the coach chose not to play that freshman game was certainly ok with me. As for tomorrow night's game should be a good one, best of luck to are Rebels and a safe game for all the kids from both teams is all I am hoping for.

This thread was getting silly now just getting stupid! :thumb:

gotta agree..not playing freshman games is not unusual for various reasons..

GO REBELS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly, my son is a freshman at OC and for the reasons the coach chose not to play that freshman game was certainly ok with me. As for tomorrow night's game should be a good one, best of luck to are Rebels and a safe game for all the kids from both teams is all I am hoping for.

Was it OK with your son? Was it ok for the other young Rebels? What about the team he cancelled on?

As a fan of West TN football, I sincerely hope that Obion Co. has a safe trip to Memphis fairley. I hear that aren't as powerful as in previous years but they are still a very good team! Usually, if you can win the turnover battle, you stand a pretty good chance of beating speedy Memphis schools. Go Rebels!!!!

OK.. LOOK O.C IS GOING DOWN .. YAL JUST MAD AND CHEAP DNT WANT TO USE YALL CHEAP GAS YAL LAMES ... AND SEEM RACES AND YAL O.C FOLKS DOING STEROTYPE ON FHS... DNT GET MAD CUZ FHS IS THE BEST IN LAND AND O.C. GONNA GET MURKED ON DA FIELD .. MAN ALL I GOT TO SAY IS BRING IT CUZ... FAIRLEY HIGH SCHOOL HOME OF THE MIGHT BULL DOGSX... ON DEY ISH AND YAL JUST KNOW YAL GONNA LOSE CUZ YAL PROBABLY .... ONLY MADE IT TO DA PLAY OFFSX... CUZ YAL CHEATED FREAK.N LAMES...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO FAIRLEY BULLDOGS F.H.S