Chatt Central at Greeneville Round 1

DevilMan03

I won't go as far as to say they were poorly coached...but he made some odd decisions. Why in the world, when we took a knee on 3rd down with seconds left in the half, would he call a time out with 7 tics on the clock? Greeneville just lined up on 4th down, snapped it, then ran around for 7 seconds and took a knee, and went to the locker room up 28-zip at the half. We were all laughing our butts off.

I'm not saying there coaching was good, but that was probably a good call. If they would have made the tackle a half second sooner, they would have gotten a shot at the endzone. When your down, you have to take all opportunities.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't go as far as to say they were poorly coached...but he made some odd decisions. Why in the world, when we took a knee on 3rd down with seconds left in the half, would he call a time out with 7 tics on the clock? Greeneville just lined up on 4th down, snapped it, then ran around for 7 seconds and took a knee, and went to the locker room up 28-zip at the half. We were all laughing our butts off.

I'm not saying there coaching was good, but that was probably a good call. If they would have made the tackle a half second sooner, they would have gotten a shot at the endzone. When your down, you have to take all opportunities.

Thats a call you make if you're team is executing...which they weren't.

still no pounder pappy??? I would have thought he started on that crow at halftime. Shoulda been plenty of time to eat slowly and avoid choking. Well he'll get better with more experience...trust me I know.

Come on barb....pounder pappy = :roflolk: fan incognito :roflol:

Yeah but you'd think he would have an opinion of how Brainerd will fair next week at Burley....maybe a few Dawg fans will have some imput.

still no pounder pappy??? I would have thought he started on that crow at halftime. Shoulda been plenty of time to eat slowly and avoid choking. Well he'll get better with more experience...trust me I know.

Come on barb....pounder pappy = :roflolk: fan incognito :roflol:

Yeah but you'd think he would have an opinion of how Brainerd will fair next week at Burley....maybe a few Dawg fans will have some imput.

Well my son keeps up with high school football much more than I do these days, he played four years of high school and four years of college football so I value his opinion....he does not post on coacht but said Brainerd is very physically imposing lots of athletes, but it didn't translate like it should have on the field, if the Bulldogs don't bobble the snap on the extra point, or the Brainerd WR doesn't make a circus catch with zero time left on the clock, we could be lookin at a rematch with the Greene Devils( I guess it will be Brainerd fire snot covering burley next week )....don't want to give the Devils the kiss of death but in his opinion the state title is the Devils to lose.

1st of all congrats on the win you guys earned it. It was a well played 1st half for the Green Devils and the Pounders looked like the were playing in their first playoff game since 2003. Bad field position b/c of a mishandled kickoff, two turnovers deep in their own territory led directly to 14 of the 21 devil 1st half points. Not making excuses G'ville had to capitalize on the mistakes and did as a good team will. Also the Pounders had their hands on some passes early that were dropped and also defensively dropped a couple of potential interceptions. Can't beat a good team doing those things. Good luck the rest of the way in the playoffs. Finally as far as the coaching decision on the time out at 21-0 you never know what can happen bad snap or the coach opposing coach get greedy and throw a pick? Football is a funny game odd things can happen make them snap it one more time and try to get at least one shot to the endzone. 21-7 would have been nice, but game over move on Central will be back as they have alot of talent returning and a good freshmen group. This is just the beginning for the Pounders.

1st of all congrats on the win you guys earned it. It was a well played 1st half for the Green Devils and the Pounders looked like the were playing in their first playoff game since 2003. Bad field position b/c of a mishandled kickoff, two turnovers deep in their own territory led directly to 14 of the 21 devil 1st half points. Not making excuses G'ville had to capitalize on the mistakes and did as a good team will. Also the Pounders had their hands on some passes early that were dropped and also defensively dropped a couple of potential interceptions. Can't beat a good team doing those things. Good luck the rest of the way in the playoffs. Finally as far as the coaching decision on the time out at 21-0 you never know what can happen bad snap or the coach opposing coach get greedy and throw a pick? Football is a funny game odd things can happen make them snap it one more time and try to get at least one shot to the endzone. 21-7 would have been nice, but game over move on Central will be back as they have alot of talent returning and a good freshmen group. This is just the beginning for the Pounders.

Greeneville had a very shaky first quarter. Agreed, turnovers definitely turned the momentum...but I would credit them to spectacular defense....but then I tend to watch a game through emerald colored glasses. Almost 1/4 of Hubbards passes were int's and although he accounted for most of Centrals yds on the ground, a good deal of his game was spent dancing around in the backfield trying to avoid the sack. Central's line play was just plain non-existant. Shame too since they seem to have decent size and speed.

barb, agreed that G'ville's line had a better game than Central'sspecially the DLine vs Central's Oline. I feel that if a couple of breaks had went Central's way early, instead of against them, it would have been a much closer game. When you are deep in your territory for much of the first have it Changes play calling. I know G'ville lived inside Central territory the first half and the Pounders stayed in the shadow of their endzone. Everytime the Pounders began to move it they would have a turnover or dropped ball to end a drive. The ints threw by Hubbard,especially the first,were misreads, he missed the open drag route and forced the ball into the TE that was covered. Anyway again good luck, enjoyed the green devil hospitality and hope to see you guys somewhere in the playoffs next year.

barb, agreed that G'ville's line had a better game than Central'sspecially the DLine vs Central's Oline. I feel that if a couple of breaks had went Central's way early, instead of against them, it would have been a much closer game. When you are deep in your territory for much of the first have it Changes play calling. I know G'ville lived inside Central territory the first half and the Pounders stayed in the shadow of their endzone. Everytime the Pounders began to move it they would have a turnover or dropped ball to end a drive. The ints threw by Hubbard,especially the first,were misreads, he missed the open drag route and forced the ball into the TE that was covered. Anyway again good luck, enjoyed the green devil hospitality and hope to see you guys somewhere in the playoffs next year.

Shew, I hope Brainard brings more fans.... I guess the travel cuts down on the fans, but geez........... Central, I did love your band! Loved a little "MJ" at halftime for sure!!!!

Yea well our fans were a little bit disappointing as well. Burley stadium lacks a certain enthusiasm that it used to have. Maybe it left along with the stone BURLEY sign in the far endzone, Coach Kiker's Bartlett Pear trees, and the smell of fresh cut grass every Friday.

Geez Charlie, a little melodramatic don't ya think. My guess is it leaves at halftime when we're stomping a mudhole in our competition. Maybe it left with our traditional rivals in the IMAC...we do kinda miss having MoWest to hate on.It definitely wasn't missing at Burley against SG and we made a fine showing against WG over at the Range. I think maybe we need a season or 2 to develop some new rivalries and it would help if our conference foes had a better fan turnout....it was kinda pathetic that CG had a better fan turnout at Burley than CD. Personally, my enthusiasm left this week when I couldn't get a Green and White dog at the concession stand....now thats tragic.