MCMINN COUNTY & OAK RIDGE

cherokeefan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does McMinn still have the horse that runs up and down the field? I always thought that was pretty cool. We had some good trips and some good games down there with McMinn Co. This should be a great game.

The horse hasnt been used that much this year because of all the rain we have received and the potential for damage to the field.

Glad McMinn will let us in the press box, when we went to play Maryville they made our visiting radio folks sit in the stands. Looking forward to a great game at McMinn the Cherokees are a great team and hopefully this will be a SRO crowd!

Are you serious? You have already cried about this on the Maryville thread. Here are the facts....It was a Thursday night televised game with a lot of press that called ahead to let the school know that they were coming. There was 1 Maryville station in the pressbox, Maryville coaches, OR coaches, 3 newspapers and Mark Packer and crew. Maryville's press box is small but usually adequate for all their games. This was a very big night and you did not get a seat in the pressbox. Did your 12 listeners tune in anyway? BY the way...all the other "real" press enjoyed food from 4 different resturants... if you had been there we would not have had room for all the delicious food.

Hey, I am the radio announcer for a station that broadcast Oak Ridge sports since 1948. We contact each school in early summer about us coming to broadcast. George Quarrls called me in advance and told me that the pressbox wasn't big enough for our entire crew. We have had a working relationship with him for years and I appreciated this call. I didn't complain here about this and for you to throw insults at a station loyal high school sports for over 60 years show a little something about you and your ideals. I'm looking forward to McMinn County this Friday night and yes, we do have a spot in their box.

Glad you came over to this thread to continue to show your hospitality MHS82. Your comments reflect exactly why other schools will not show you any respect. Good luck in your playoff game.

Just setting the record straight. If you look back, I completely ignored your whinning on the Maryville thread. What happened that night was unusual because of the crowd. McMinn Co folks, did you have any troubles with Maryville press box accommodations?

Hey, I am the radio announcer for a station that broadcast Oak Ridge sports since 1948. We contact each school in early summer about us coming to broadcast. George Quarrls called me in advance and told me that the pressbox wasn't big enough for our entire crew. We have had a working relationship with him for years and I appreciated this call. I didn't complain here about this and for you to throw insults at a station loyal high school sports for over 60 years show a little something about you and your ideals. I'm looking forward to McMinn County this Friday night and yes, we do have a spot in their box.

You're right...I should not have taken a shot at the station. I apologize.

My intentions were to tell Cat to quit crying about that situation...he had already brough it up several times on the Maryville thread. I assumed he was associated with the radio station. It was a very crowded night and I am glad that GQ did communicate with you in advance. Thank you for your coverage of HS sports.