Forrest Hosts Marion Co.

LovethoseRockets

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One comment about the game....I am a mother of a Forrest Band Student. I just want to say that it was a little rude for the person from Marion Co. to blow that train horn twice before the band was finished playing on the field. We were respectful when your band was on the field. It would have been nice for you to show the Forrest band the same respect. Maybe think about that the next time you plan to sound that horn. Don't get me wrong, I think the horn is an okay way to support your team, just think a little before you blow that thing. Thanks!

One comment about the game....I am a mother of a Forrest Band Student. I just want to say that it was a little rude for the person from Marion Co. to blow that train horn twice before the band was finished playing on the field. We were respectful when your band was on the field. It would have been nice for you to show the Forrest band the same respect. Maybe think about that the next time you plan to sound that horn. Don't get me wrong, I think the horn is an okay way to support your team, just think a little before you blow that thing. Thanks!

That train whistle needs to have spray foam urethane insulation blown into it. I think when they try to bring that thing on the road, it should be denied into the stadium and the keeper of it pistol whipped by the local police. :roflol:

That train whistle needs to have spray foam urethane insulation blown into it. I think when they try to bring that thing on the road, it should be denied into the stadium and the keeper of it pistol whipped by the local police. :hungry:

Awww.. Come on.. You know you like that whistle.. Everyone does!! :thumb: It's like Rocky Top with the Vols... you know when you play the Warriors, you're gonna hear it.. It's been demolished at Austin East, Arrested at Sequatchie County, Banned from several stadiums, and caused last second implementation of Noice Ordinances by a few local governments.... But is has also been a fixture at Marion County football games since the Early 80's and has blown 6 times in Vanderbuilt statium.. 2 times as runner up and 4 times as State Champs...

To the band mom... That was an unfortunate incident that occurred and I'm sure the guy didn't mean to be rude...

Congratulations to Forrest for a great season and for playing such a good game tonight. The Forrest fans were among the nicest and friendliest that I have ever been around. As part of the broadcast crew, I found it odd that Forrest fans were shaking my hand and talking to me as if they had known me forever as I made my way to the press box before the start of the game... You guys have a lot to be proud of with this team and what I saw of your community tonight...

Now for the Warriors.. STOP IT!!! MY HEART CAN'T TAKE ANOTHER GAME LIKE THIS!!!!! It's tough on an old man to watch these guys wait until the end of a game to decide they want to play... Congratulations on the win.. You guys never gave up and I am very proud of you. We had several guys step up and make the big play when we needed it tonight..

I said that if we didn't turn the ball over we should win easily but if we had two or three TO's it would be close... We had 3 turnovers and it was a close game... Next week against Boyd we have to find a way to take care of the ball... Practice hard and continue to find ways to win.. We've been here before... Let's not stop a week early this year!!!! GO WARRIORS!!!!!

Unfortunately this one played out exactly as I expected. Forrest had no close games all season and they didn't know how to close an opponent out. Much better talent, but the lack of playoff experience coupled with a weak schedule was their downfall. It was a good run for the seniors. Nothing to hang your heads about. Good luck next week to MC. This game will make you better!

Not sure but I do remember the scoreboard horn blowing when the clock ran out to end halftime & the "hornguy" blew the train horn. The refs & teams were standing on the field waiting for it to end, with the halftime clock at 0:00. The halftime show is for the band, but the crowd is there for the football. Just like the football teams when you take the field your on the clock.... Good Job Marion County way to play 60 minutes... & NO I'M NOT FROM MARION COUNTY, I JUST CAME OVER FOR A GAME ! :D

congrats...now, you have to play Boyd...who beat South Pitt

.....and your point is.....what? Boyd beat SP (with an *), MC, and seven other teams. So what. New season, and I bet no one at BB will overlook this game with the Warriors. I figure Marion County will be the underdog in this game.....again......as they apparently have been for all five playoff games during Coach Boeck's tenure. They've managed to win four of those games thus far, all but the first on the road, losing only to apparently unbeatable Alcoa. These Warriors enjoy the challenge and I personally like their chances. Will definitely be a good football game.

Congrats on a another great win last night Warriors.

Unfortunately this one played out exactly as I expected. Forrest had no close games all season and they didn't know how to close an opponent out. Much better talent, but the lack of playoff experience coupled with a weak schedule was their downfall. It was a good run for the seniors. Nothing to hang your heads about. Good luck next week to MC. This game will make you better!

Just what I had been saying all week... Forrest's soft schedule hadn't allowed for them to be tested like Marion has been tested this year... Forrest was a one-dimensional team that basically ran three plays... #3 sweep right, #3 sweep left, #45 counter... They only passed when necessary because of down and distance.. Marion "gave" Forrest the ball inside our own 40 four times in the second half and they could only manage 3 points from it... I don't know how you can say Forrest had "much more talent" than Marion, because, realistically, they only had #3.. You must have picked up a pair of OP's rose colored glasses when you were in Pittsburg. :twisted: Take him out of the equation and Forrest is fighting for the 5th or 6th spot in their weak district. A team with their size should have been able to do more.. Someone earlier was talking about play calling and that may have been the problem... maybe the coach tried too hard not to lose so he kept things simple... but I get the feeling that their season had pretty much gone the way that they played tonight.. hand to ball to #3, let him get outside and watch the scoreboard light up... I would bet that, outside of the Cascade game, #3 hasn't been hit nearly as hard as he was last night... Pretty sure he hasn't rolled out of bed yet this morning...