POWELL vs SOUTH 1st round 5A @Death Valley

crawdad

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you all do against them in the spring? Routing for our own until/if we play you, I think it will be interesting to see how you all fair against someone you don't usually play. I'm a little jealous...but then again at least we know what is coming.

I made that comment on a post on the 5A brackets thread Blazer. You guys were the only team from district 1or2 not to draw new blood. At least you are familiar as you mentioned. The scrimmage with Powell was summer I believe ,right after we had looked flat against Elizabethton in essentially a high scoring draw. Powell looked very green at the time we scrimmaged and seemed to be really struggling on offense. I understand they were playing a lot of underclassmen this year. South took that scrimmage 7TDs to 0 I believe,but rest assured that will only play to Powell's benefit for this game.

How did you all do against them in the spring? Routing for our own until/if we play you, I think it will be interesting to see how you all fair against someone you don't usually play. I'm a little jealous...but then again at least we know what is coming.

I made that comment on a post on the 5A brackets thread Blazer. You guys were the only team from district 1or2 not to draw new blood. At least you are familiar as you mentioned. The scrimmage with Powell was summer I believe ,right after we had looked flat against Elizabethton in essentially a high scoring draw. Powell looked very green at the time we scrimmaged and seemed to be really struggling on offense. I understand they were playing a lot of underclassmen this year. South took that scrimmage 7TDs to 0 I believe,but rest assured that will only play to Powell's benefit for this game.

Agreed, and it will be tough to come back from such a loss as you all had last night...but the good thing about playoffs is once you go there, all bets are off. Ya win ya stay in. Upsets can happen easily and readily (DB can tell us all about that, as well as you all and Greenville last year) so I think it could go either way. With our success against Mo East the past few years, I'm wary about our game even with a 5-5 team. But in the end, I hope you and TN High are both successful since it looks great for our conference and...I really want to play you guys again :blush:

Agreed, and it will be tough to come back from such a loss as you all had last night...but the good thing about playoffs is once you go there, all bets are off. Ya win ya stay in. Upsets can happen easily and readily (DB can tell us all about that, as well as you all and Greenville last year) so I think it could go either way. With our success against Mo East the past few years, I'm wary about our game even with a 5-5 team. But in the end, I hope you and TN High are both successful since it looks great for our conference and...I really want to play you guys again :thumb:

Agreed. Looks like we will have some business to take care of and you guys will have to still the Canes then go to the castle for a mulligan before we meet again. Good luck. :roll:

Sorry Powell your season will be over Friday, get ready for basketball season, I bet Coach Ogan will be happy.. :evil:

That's a real classy comment, dragon123. Most fans pull for teams in their own district to do well in the playoffs, but not Clinton.

Act like you've been there before! Oh sorry, you haven't :roll: (maybe twice in the last 10 years). Powell has made the playoffs for 9 or 10 years in a row while Clinton has been the doormat of District 3 football.

I hope that Clinton and A.C. both do well in the 5A playoffs. Powell is very young and I'm not sure that they have the team to make a playoff run this year, but you never know. They have played a lot better the second half of the season. I do know that they will have their hands full with a very strong and talented South team.

Good luck to all District 3 5A and 6A teams! :thumb:

Sorry Powell fans, that was a bad comment to make, you guys are young this season but once again you find yourselfs in the play-offs. congrats on that.... and I do hope you guys do well up there, if your running backs can get going you guys might have a chance... but South is similar to Clinton, lots of seniors and a powerful running game... But ill give you this, if you guys can somehow play as well as u did on that saturday out at Anderson County than you guys will def. have a shot.... GOOD luck

.gif" alt=":thumb:" title="default" />

Thanks Craw. I hear the St. is back in the saddle again, healthy and ready to go. I think building up a great game this week by taking care of business...then battleing a tough Mo West team could really help you all look at TN High or Us (if we win granted, if not yadda yadda).

But sorry to take away from that, you all and back to you all. I hope the kids get their emotions back. Tough loss to TN High and I know you all are emotionally drained at South. I'd like to see what I nice refresh restart does for your team right now.

I know the team is not supposed to look ahead, but hey I'm not part of the team.

1st game.....11-6-09....Powell @ South

2nd game....11-13-09..Morristown West @ South

3rd game....11-20-09...South @ TH

4th game....11-27-09...Clinton @ South

5th game.....12-4-09...Finals @ Cookeville

Especially interesting is Clinton having to travel due to TSSAA playoff rules and the forfeit of their first game.

Stranger things have happened. It is Halloween after all.