POWELL vs SOUTH 1st round 5A @Death Valley

crawdad

south will win first round... south 28 powell 21....... than season over.... south cb's arnet any good they get burnt every game... south dont play the best players ,,,, i know of 2 corners that 11th grade that dont play and they are better corners than what south plays... but see south dont play boys from sullivan middle school... its always been that way... maybe the sullivan boys should go to east or north if they want playing time.......gl rebels it been a good run.... next year we want win 5 games........

South-56

Powell-14 That's right after the loss to Tn High the boy's will be out for blood. And for next year I believe we will be better than we are this year....not that we have a bad team this year...and its not over yet we might just go along way. I believe if we see Tn High again you will see a different outcome. Go Rebels...its a new season starting friday night!!!!!

Powell might be 5-5 but they will be a challenge for South. They play in a pretty good region. They beat Knox.Halls who is usually good. Lost to Oak Ridge but in a close game. Look for a first round exit for the Rebels in an upset. It sucks to lose in the first round don't it redneck? You're not playing a team from the old MLC. Good luck and Roll Tribe !!!!!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

south will win first round... south 28 powell 21....... than season over.... south cb's arnet any good they get burnt every game... south dont play the best players ,,,, i know of 2 corners that 11th grade that dont play and they are better corners than what south plays... but see south dont play boys from sullivan middle school... its always been that way... maybe the sullivan boys should go to east or north if they want playing time.......gl rebels it been a good run.... next year we want win 5 games........

South-56

Powell-14 That's right after the loss to Tn High the boy's will be out for blood. And for next year I believe we will be better than we are this year....not that we have a bad team this year...and its not over yet we might just go along way. I believe if we see Tn High again you will see a different outcome. Go Rebels...its a new season starting friday night!!!!!

Powell might be 5-5 but they will be a challenge for South. They play in a pretty good region. They beat Knox.Halls who is usually good. Lost to Oak Ridge but in a close game. Look for a first round exit for the Rebels in an upset. It sucks to lose in the first round don't it redneck? You're not playing a team from the old MLC. Good luck and Roll Tribe !!!!!

Lets see...after we kick the shat out of Powell and you guys pack away your stuff in moth balls...we will still be playing...maybe you can buy yourself a South shirt and hat and pull for the Rebels...and even if we do get beat......hah...hah...no way..at least we dont have to drive all the way to Knoxville to get the crap kicked out of us.....Oh well good luck without CS because he is DB and without him your season is done with him it could be possible.... but Momma said he's done for the year....without him you guys wil be lucky to get a first down. :thumb:

I'm hoping the Rebel offense will start to evolve now with new chemistry now that Aaron has a game under his belt. That has to be really hard to come back and play QB in the spread after missing the last 6 weeks while basically doing nothing football related.I expect him to improve even more in hopefully the next few weeks. Heath too will improve going back to that WR position. We need Hubbard and Cassell mixing in some in that running game 2 back set and looking for Wagner and somebody else to step up and give more WR options to take the heat off Z and Haden. May need to utilize Garvin more from that TE spot. Looking for a strong finish. No reason to believe a state championship is not within reach. These kids need to understand there is a once in a lifetime opportunity in front of them and they are not that far off if they get some people healthy and pull together as a team. Rebel fans need to generate some excitement for them instead of dwelling on losses to the Indians and Vikings. Conference championships are nice but that gold ball is what you play for if you take the time to dedicate your life 24/7 to high school football. REBEL NATION :thumb:

I heard some bad news. I heard that central turned powell in for a player living with an assistant coach. Surely this is not true.

Is this true?

HTV, do you know anything about this?

I've heard some rumors, but I don't think there is anything to them.

If what is alledged did occur, I would remind the accusers of the old saying about what happens when one points a finger.

As for the game on Friday, Powell is obviouisly a big underdog. We all know that Sullivan South pretty much handled them at will back in August, but a lot has happened with both teams since then. The Panthers will go up and give it their best shot and see what happens. No matter how it comes out, it will be good for the young guys to get some playoff experience. Fourteen of the 22 likely starters for Powell this week will be back next year. The future looks really good for the Black Cats.

Are you traveling to Maryville to support the Tribe 91 or staying in Kingsport to cheer for Powell?

Awesome!! :ph34r::):):ph34r:

I'm hoping the Rebel offense will start to evolve now with new chemistry now that Aaron has a game under his belt. That has to be really hard to come back and play QB in the spread after missing the last 6 weeks while basically doing nothing football related.I expect him to improve even more in hopefully the next few weeks. Heath too will improve going back to that WR position. We need Hubbard and Cassell mixing in some in that running game 2 back set and looking for Wagner and somebody else to step up and give more WR options to take the heat off Z and Haden. May need to utilize Garvin more from that TE spot. Looking for a strong finish. No reason to believe a state championship is not within reach. These kids need to understand there is a once in a lifetime opportunity in front of them and they are not that far off if they get some people healthy and pull together as a team. Rebel fans need to generate some excitement for them instead of dwelling on losses to the Indians and Vikings. Conference championships are nice but that gold ball is what you play for if you take the time to dedicate your life 24/7 to high school football. REBEL NATION :thumb:

Agreed..LET'S GO BLUE!!

I heard some bad news. I heard that central turned powell in for a player living with an assistant coach. Surely this is not true.

Is this true?

HTV, do you know anything about this?

I've heard some rumors, but I don't think there is anything to them.

If what is alledged did occur, I would remind the accusers of the old saying about what happens when one points a finger.

As for the game on Friday, Powell is obviouisly a big underdog. We all know that Sullivan South pretty much handled them at will back in August, but a lot has happened with both teams since then. The Panthers will go up and give it their best shot and see what happens. No matter how it comes out, it will be good for the young guys to get some playoff experience. Fourteen of the 22 likely starters for Powell this week will be back next year. The future looks really good for the Black Cats.

It looks like the Panthers really got their offense rolling after the Oak Ridge game and all the losses were close to very good teams except that 20 point loss to the Beavers of Karns.I guess it safe to say that was your worst performance of the season? Have any players been lost to injury as the season has unfolded? I don't remember much about the scrimmage except the Powell offense was really struggling and I think were playing 2 different QBs then? I think you have a good WR named Powell also. .What is the base offense for the Panthers and who are the playmakers to look for?

Powell is a spread option team. Sophomore running back Dy'shawn Mobley is the biggest gun with over 1,200 yards rushing on the year. He is the only Panther who starts both ways. The offensive skill positions are pretty much all sophomores.

On defense the Panthers operate out of a 3 man front.

Crawdad, I also hope to see Carter work on his offense. It just hasn't been the same as of late. With the midseason passing game losses of St Clair and Watterson, the spread took a big hit. Haden throws a really pretty ball, the timing was just off a bit. Zanoni hasn't been used as much in the play calling, although he finds ways to make plays regardless. I saw this catch along the sidelines at Crockett - WOW! This kid has had a super season. South needs to get him the ball and allow him to juke up field. A THS player's dad I know, said his son talked to Watterson on the field after the TN High game, and he said he will be back after being out with the injury and the flu. Teams will have to defend South differently due to his speed and Zanoni and Haden will have more middle and flat space to work in because of it. As a group, they could be very good. IF South's chemistry and timing is there, with St. Clair at QB, and the three wideouts are in place (Zanoni, Waterson, Haden), they will be tough for anyone to defend. I also think much depends on the play calling. It's extremely predictible at times. Other times you'd swear Spurrier was helping from the box. I don't know why that is. Why was the play calling so good in some games, then so terrible in others (D-B game for example). I do think South wins this week even if they used Gate City's playbook. SO, hopefully they are smart, get the win, and work on the stuff they will need to progress further. Gotta get the Saint and the WRs on the same page. Zanoni will be open allot and has soft hands. Watterson is the speed demon and biggest target of the three. Haden is the "can play anywhere" athlete with plenty of toughness. Haden showed that this week as I saw him take some mean licks from the TN High secondary. Bounced right up. I think Wagner has done pretty well stepping in on offense for the first time on varsity. He has laid the ground work to be WR1 next year as Haden will return to QB1. From the TE postition, agreed, Garvin has been great. He is probably one of the top 5 LBs in the state as well, from what I have seen. Div 1 prospect, no doubt. (South has three very good LB's. I would have felt bad not giving Phillips and Long credit here too). To utilize the TE from the spread, South will have to pick their spots. The coverage makes a big difference in the TE routes. Hope Garvin does get a few though. It's fun watching the corners' eyes when they see him coming.

As far as the running game goes, from the games I saw, I liked the running of Taylor supplemented by the pile-carrying running style of Phillps. Will he be in uniform? The third option, assuming the QB is healthy, is obviously the qb keeper. I think Hubbard and Cassell look more like FBs at this point on the varsity field with about the same kind of speed. I do think both have represented well though, as they got their chances late in games. They'll be the 1-2 next year for sure.

Crawdad, I was fortunate enough to watch part of the Powell at South scrimmage in the pre-season and just can't see a way this one will be close. If it is, it's completely on the coaches' shoulders. The scrimmage was a blowout. I can't remember Powell getting past the 50 but once. I am sure Powell has improved, but they would need to improve an huge amount to win this one. Regardless, South will not overlook the Panthers. I haven't decided which local game I want to see this week. I am considering going to Morristown West and seeing them play Catholic. Maybe Morristown East at Boone. :thumb:

Either of those games will be interesting. T Howell back for the Canes gives them a different dimension that Boone may have trouble with. Catholic is the sleeping giant that may catch fire now that the 2nd season is under way. I think scouting that one would be of most interest to me as a Rebel fan since they will hopefully advance to play the winner. I am looking forward to seeing how South's team looks as we get players returning from injury.