POWELL vs SOUTH 1st round 5A @Death Valley

crawdad

HTV thanks for acknowledging the rumors...but I was told some of those rumors and when it involves your program you have to speak up...just as you would...so dont act like you are so mature and that was silly...this thread is silly and you may not like me and I may not like you but we both have a competitive nature and know something about sports or we wouldnt want to fet into these conversations...so as far as the pissing contest goes I am not trying to piss farther than you...just hate when people seem to act like somebody else is dumb or dont know what they are talking about like you do in your own condescending manner...but thanks again for the ammo and keep it up...and as far as the rumor mill goes I heard the rumor from a Powell coach...but you know more about it than I do...just remember I know something you dont know... :flower:

O.K. Dude, I think everybody got it. Let it go. HTV, did you steal this guy's wife or something, or does he feel something special for you??

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HTV thanks for acknowledging the rumors...but I was told some of those rumors and when it involves your program you have to speak up...just as you would...so dont act like you are so mature and that was silly...this thread is silly and you may not like me and I may not like you but we both have a competitive nature and know something about sports or we wouldnt want to fet into these conversations...so as far as the pissing contest goes I am not trying to piss farther than you...just hate when people seem to act like somebody else is dumb or dont know what they are talking about like you do in your own condescending manner...but thanks again for the ammo and keep it up...and as far as the rumor mill goes I heard the rumor from a Powell coach...but you know more about it than I do...just remember I know something you dont know... :flower:

O.K. Dude, I think everybody got it. Let it go. HTV, did you steal this guy's wife or something, or does he feel something special for you??

Geez, I wish I knew. As far as I know the only thing I am guilty of is being associated with a team that put 50 and 52 on the team he supports the last two years and has a 3 game win streak over them. Other than that, I honestly don't know what i've done. :blink:

[quote name="HTVA) s for my "not liking you", I don't know you to be able to make that determination. I will debate what you say here with what I know to be true, but since we have never met to my knowledge I don't know if I "like" you or not. That's why I said I would like to meet you some time. People can disagree on issues without disliking each other. I'm really not hard to get along with. Some of my good friends are Central grads, by the way. :blink:

Hey, HTV, I don;t know why this "cat" thinks you don't like him. You seem to be a pretty nice fellow, but do us a favor, (I'm gonna whisper this so he won't hear it) shhhhhh :flower: please don't mention "rumor" anymore. That just seems to set him off. By the way, I'm not sure I like you. Your name "HTV" is alot like HGTV (my wife watches all the time and gets me in to all these home projects --one after another, heck, I can't even finish one before she starts another)-----I just kringe when I see your name---then I realize it's just you HTV.

Hey, HTV, on a more serious note, somewhat, are you a Powell fan? I truelly have not followed all this post, so I may be missing it badly. If so, did Powell play anyone this year that we can make comparisons to Sullivan South, like did you play KNox West? or did you play someone who played Knox West? and what was those scores?? Do you get what I'm getting at?

Hey, HTV, on a more serious note, somewhat, are you a Powell fan? I truelly have not followed all this post, so I may be missing it badly. If so, did Powell play anyone this year that we can make comparisons to Sullivan South, like did you play KNox West? or did you play someone who played Knox West? and what was those scores?? Do you get what I'm getting at?

Go to schedules at the top of the page and you can see all their scores or anybody else's for the last decade. :flower:

I know Powell beat Halls in the regular season. I saw the Halls - DB scrimmage which Halls won. DB couldn't move the ball at all on Halls except when they handed it to you know who! I was there for at least an hour and I did not see DB score. I think halls scored twice. What does all that mean? Nothing except that Powell is capable of beating what I thought was a pretty good team in Halls.

From looking at the scores, Powell hung tough with everyone they played except Oak Ridge.

South better show up ready to play or they will get beat!

From what I gather on this board, South runs a spread O. AC runs a spread as does Karns. Off the top of my head I can't think of any other teams that Powell played that run a spread. Given your score with West through 3 quarters, I imagine you have a good defense, although West runs a split veer if I'm not mistaken. Anyway, Powell had a hard time defending both teams that run a spread O, allowing over 40 points against each of those teams.

But you can't take them for granted cause Powell is dangerous. Lowe is a good coach and IMO gets his Jimmys and Joes to overachieve.

Ok HTV and your South buddies...I guess they like you right now because you all havent played yet...and thanks for the grammar pointers, thats original guy...and by the way I dont know if I like you or not but I do know who you are...so keep that in mind and if you are friends with Central grads great...no meaning...but you all keep your friendships with each other HTV and South fans and we will see which has a blow up on here next week...my anticipation is South...because they think they should win as do I...so no pressure...but HTV enjoy your friday night and good luck and see ya soon...maybe the second round? :D And for you South fans just wait and see how the game goes and see what you think...get it!!!

Ok HTV and your South buddies...I guess they like you right now because you all havent played yet...and thanks for the grammar pointers, thats original guy...and by the way I dont know if I like you or not but I do know who you are...so keep that in mind and if you are friends with Central grads great...no meaning...but you all keep your friendships with each other HTV and South fans and we will see which has a blow up on here next week...my anticipation is South...because they think they should win as do I...so no pressure...but HTV enjoy your friday night and good luck and see ya soon...maybe the second round? :D And for you South fans just wait and see how the game goes and see what you think...get it!!!

Good to see you back and in a better mood.

If you'll look back at what I have posted you'll see that I have said that Powell is definitely the underdog in this game. I am not making any predictions or guarantees - that's not my history or my style. No pink t-shirts, no boasting, and no pointing fingers. Our guys plan to show up and play and see what happens on the field. Hopefully it will be a good football game and nobody will sustain any serious injuries.

Just remember that while we all love it, high school football is still just a game. As the folks as Sullivan South already know from their tragic experience earlier this year, there are a whole lot more important issues that we have to face every day. Keep it in perspective, Cat, and like I said - I don't dislike you. Come and introduce yourself next time. I believe that we both have our love for high school football and what it means to the kids at heart. That commonality would probably go a long way in our conversation.

If you'll look back at what I have posted you'll see that I have said that Powell is definitely the underdog in this game. I am not making any predictions or guarantees - that's not my history or my style. No pink t-shirts, no boasting, and no pointing fingers. Our guys plan to show up and play and see what happens on the field. Hopefully it will be a good football game and nobody will sustain any serious injuries.

Just remember that while we all love it, high school football is still just a game. As the folks as Sullivan South already know from their tragic experience earlier this year, there are a whole lot more important issues that we have to face every day. Keep it in perspective, Cat, and like I said - I don't dislike you. Come and introduce yourself next time. I believe that we both have our love for high school football and what it means to the kids at heart. That commonality would probably go a long way in our conversation.

Thanks for the reminder about the pink shirts...they were suppose to work as a reminder to the Central players and that did not work I dont guess because they had a senior class that was more about the seniors(not all of them) so that back fired...we look to be better next year and the Powell game was the only game this year that we did not have the lead or be right in the game up until about the middle of the 3rd qtr...so we hope by playing as young as we were it will help us finish some games this next year? Well good luck and I always keep it in perspective and this is just a game...have safe trip...good luck!

Thanks for the reminder about the pink shirts...they were suppose to work as a reminder to the Central players and that did not work I dont guess because they had a senior class that was more about the seniors(not all of them) so that back fired...we look to be better next year and the Powell game was the only game this year that we did not have the lead or be right in the game up until about the middle of the 3rd qtr...so we hope by playing as young as we were it will help us finish some games this next year? Well good luck and I always keep it in perspective and this is just a game...have safe trip...good luck!

I know. The pink t-shirt thing was probably a cheap shot. I apologize. :D See you down the road.

Not really a cheap shot we actually got the idea from the late Bill Wilson when he was at Bearden and we showed to play them and they had Pink shirts on that said 55-10 from the year before...and they beat us 20-7 and played lights out and as hard as they could play so we thought we would try it we just had some quitters in out senior class that down played it and made it a joke...so no harm...keep it interesting up there and if you all win who is next? Havent looked at the bracket close enough?