Farragut vs Ooltewah

Minethatbird

Well, the Owls are fortunate in that they host a first round game after last night's debacle. They have played like a team that has been begging to lose for the last few weeks. Maybe it has been the weight of being rated the number one team in the state, but I am not sure. I think it is clear they are not the number one team in the state and in my opinion aren't as good as last season and certainly not as good as Bennie's '06 club.

Frankly, this looks like a tired team. My major complaint with Bennie's program is the fact that he plays 16 or 17 players and that's it. Why in a school the size of Ooltewah is that neccesary? Why do Delaney and Mayfield play receiver at all? It's not as if we're effective at throwing the ball all over the lot. Why aren't we trying to throw the ball to Jacquez more?

Ooltewah will have to play as well as they did against Franklin and Maplewood to win Friday night. Farragut will come into this game knowing that we sent them packing last season. We can come on this board and talk all the smack, dump on players, and generally act like children all we want, but the players are going to have to stand up and be counted now.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No disrespect to the OOltewah players or program because I have not seen them this year, but I can't imagine they have a team that can match up with Farragut this year. That is just based on OHS wins and losses and margin of victories. I hope you guys prove me wrong. I would rather play Ooltewah for the first time than Farragut for the second time. Well, getting the cart before the wagon...one week at a time. I do believe the winner of your game will make it to round 3. Good luck and keep those kids healthy.

No disrespect to the OOltewah players or program because I have not seen them this year, but I can't imagine they have a team that can match up with Farragut this year. That is just based on OHS wins and losses and margin of victories. I hope you guys prove me wrong. I would rather play Ooltewah for the first time than Farragut for the second time. Well, getting the cart before the wagon...one week at a time. I do believe the winner of your game will make it to round 3. Good luck and keep those kids healthy.

Well, you have to remember.....it is Farragut playing "AT" Ooltewah. Something I'm sure their head coach doesn't want to do.....and something the Farragut players are probably still nursing pains from last year's games down there. And since Ooltewah got beat last night, knocking them from the # 1 ranking and an undefeated season, I'm sure they'll be gnawing at the bit to play next Friday.

I stated 3-4 weeks ago that Ooltewah's offense wasn't that good. Their defense is extremely good, and they've probably scored half the teams points this year, or at least set the offense up inside the red zone to score on. After seeing the Owls last night play the second time this year, I'm convinced even more that they struggle offensively against a decent defense. Sort of surprised to see a Benny Monroe coached team this inept on offense.

Tough match-up for Ooltewah. Unless Farragut's bus breaks down, Owls will get the stuffing beat out of 'em!

your name says it all....

Now, Now Phishdad2, no reason to make fun of an old man!

I hope this will fire up those Owls to prove me wrong! We Rebs know how fortunate we were to pull out a win against the Admirals. Personally, if we are lucky enough to win a few, I don't want to play them again! If you boys take care of business we won't have too. Help us out here!

Losing to McMinn Co. may have been the best thing that could have happened to the Owls. Hopefully this will be the 'wake-up call' they have been needing. I hope the old adage that a wounded animal is a dangerous animal applies here.

Should be a great playoff game given the recent history of these 2 teams.

Go Owls!

Didn't these two teams scrimmage this Summer?

What happened?

Ooltewah 2

Farragut 0

note: Farragut qb was injured and played only in 7 on 7

I think receiver played at qb....anyway...Farragut wasn't at full strength

If I remember correctly, Owls moved the ball a bunch but drives ended due to 10 play 'scrimmage format.' Farragut's O didn't move ball.