Farragut vs Ooltewah

Minethatbird

How about J. Smith at fullback or even tailback ever so often?

When will East Hamilton start affecting the football program? I'm almost positive I saw they beat Ooltewah in 8th grade football this season (boys' basketball, also, which often comes down just to who has better athletes in middle school play). Will Ooltewah get students from outside their immediate area to make up for any shortfalls...East Hamilton had about 900 with I'm guessing very small upperclassman groups.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can red4life call Benny Monroe CLASSLESS? Did,I miss something? Wasn't it Monroe THAT NO MATTER,HOW BAD THINGS GOT,HE STUCK HIS OWN NECK OUT TIME AND TIME AGAIN FOR 3 YEARS,WORKED WITH REED PERSONALLY ONE ON ONE THIS YEAR..had coach Couch(one of the best qb coaches in the area) 2 previous years working with Reed? stayed with Reed,coached around Reed,gave Reed only what,he could handle?Put 3 years into Reed gave him EVERY CHANCE TO BE SUCESSFUL!!! Monroe kept Reed out there in front of a top football program for colleges to see, and YOU wanna call this man CLASSLESS?Benny took all the heat for 3 years,he heard it from everybody(ooltewah,cleveland,newspapers etc),but he took the hits,PUBLICLY!!!! WALK A MILE IN HIS SHOES.....and you wanna call him classless? I do not know what game you where watching friday or several over the years,but you of all people should be kissing his rear-end NOT BASHING Benny Monroe.WWhewww......please correct me on this,if I'm wrong. Yes or NO? Benny Monroe did everything,he could do for Reed?

One question for red4life and minethatbird...............What would you HAVE done to make the Owls football team better on OFFENSE and DEFENSE,the last 3 yrs? to get to the next level.

Why does that matter? You and your many aliases and family members have been the champion of this coaching staff that is allegedly the best in the state. Ask them....

In my opinion, this team has been way over rated from the start. We played in a weak division that we still couldn't win. We need a tailback that has speed to get to the outside and can run inside. That would take the pressure off the next quarterback, whether it's Goose,the jv qb, last year's freshman qb, or this years freshman qb. It's time to move forward....

How can red4life call Benny Monroe CLASSLESS? Did,I miss something? Wasn't it Monroe THAT NO MATTER,HOW BAD THINGS GOT,HE STUCK HIS OWN NECK OUT TIME AND TIME AGAIN FOR 3 YEARS,WORKED WITH REED PERSONALLY ONE ON ONE THIS YEAR..had coach Couch(one of the best qb coaches in the area) 2 previous years working with Reed? stayed with Reed,coached around Reed,gave Reed only what,he could handle?Put 3 years into Reed gave him EVERY CHANCE TO BE SUCESSFUL!!! Monroe kept Reed out there in front of a top football program for colleges to see, and YOU wanna call this man CLASSLESS?Benny took all the heat for 3 years,he heard it from everybody(ooltewah,cleveland,newspapers etc),but he took the hits,PUBLICLY!!!! WALK A MILE IN HIS SHOES.....and you wanna call him classless? I do not know what game you where watching friday or several over the years,but you of all people should be kissing his rear-end NOT BASHING Benny Monroe.WWhewww......please correct me on this,if I'm wrong. Yes or NO? Benny Monroe did everything,he could do for Reed?

Classless is meeting an opposing coach to exchange film and giving him blank tapes. That's the Benny Monroe I know. He sees the writing on the wall.

Need to change the name of the team to the Sharks! Because the blood is in the water and your attacking each other.

SAD!

All this big talk about Farragut and Maryville didn't want to face the Owls.

PLEASE........................

If you had this years record in the same district as Farragut and Maryville then folks might have thought the Owls were as good as your fans did. :roflolk:

Where were all these Benny haters when the Owls were undefeated and ranked #1. :unsure:

Classless is meeting an opposing coach to exchange film and giving him blank tapes. That's the Benny Monroe I know. He sees the writing on the wall.

you better watch it because apparently the coaching staff bears no responsibility around here. These people that continue to carry water for Bennie are amazing.

Rigger,

I am wondering if the Farragut fans are any different? I know for a fact that over the last several years there have been many complaints about Farragut's coaching staff. Especially after losing in the playoffs. It always ends up sounding something like. "He is a good coach, but he can't get us to the next level." I know I have complained about the staff before, especially when it comes to their lack of gameplan changes during games. Of course, they changed things during the Ooltewah game and we won! Something the last 4 times we've played at Ooltewah we didn't do. Change the gameplan after it originally didn't work! So to the Farragut people on here just reading about these Owl fans complaining about their coach. I don't think we are that much different. Of course, I don't think we have ever said our coach is classless, mostly because I think everyone knows that he is one of the greatest guys around. Just something to think about....

friendzz,

Fans are fans everywhere, there is not much difference in their passion.

Farragut is fortunate to have a class program that includes coaches, players and fans.

The Admirals staff did an excellent job adjusting the offensive game plan midgame to maximize their chance of winning that game. It took a lot of patience and faith in the O line but it worked as evidenced by the 17-0 2nd half score. The Owls D was beat up!!

Perhaps that's a valuable lesson learned for future reference in a hotly contested playoff game.

Let's Go ADS, WHOOP some bulldawgies :roflolk:

First off, I don't know Coach Monroe personally, but his record speaks for itself -- he's a legendary figure in TN high school sports.

If he had stuck with the QB through 3 years, I don't know why he wouldn't stay with him for the last few series. As for trading blank tapes with opposing coaches -- could it have been a mistake? Was this an exchange with Rhea Co.? If so, I can't imagine Coach Monroe feeling he needed to resort to such tactics to gain an upper hand on Rhea this year.

I would never say the man is classless, but the last couple of weeks he's been something less than gracious. First, there was the "we were the far better team" comment and reiteration at McMinn. Then following the Farragut loss Coach Monroe states, "it was strictly a lack of execution on our part."

I think ihavenofriendzz is correct to some degree about Farragut, and probably every other school, in that their supporters are going to be upset after a loss. From an outsider's perspective, though, Ooltewah is a little different bird. But you have to remember that it's only a few people, not the entire fan base, that tend to make the most noise on these boards. They no more represent the Ooltewah community than the Farragut kid or two (presumably) who gets on here and makes some outrageous comments/prediction.

TSSAA needs to look hard at the system that had these teams meeting in the first round.

I don't know Coach Monroe, any of the assistant coaches, Brady Reed, Jacquez Smith, the Owl mascot, or the guy selling popcorn at the concession stand (although it's pretty darn good). I say that to make the point that I'm just a casual fan and an outsider. I played back in the late 80s - early 90s when we were winning 1 or 2 games a year so I have thoroughly enjoyed following the Owls the last 8 years or so as they have been playoff contenders every year. I usually bring my family to a couple games a year and listen to the rest on the radio or watch on TV. As a casual yet dedicated fan I don't know what the politics are around the team or what non-tangible things have an affect on the success the team has during a season... I just would like to see the owls make it to the championship game.

All that being said, I have 2 questions:

1. In general, what is or has been the main stumbling blocks for the program? Please avoid using player names here... that's not what I'm asking. I just would like to know - in general - if it is a mindset thing, talent thing, community support thing etc...

2. What is the forecast for next year? How many seniors are we losing and will there be a lot of positions to be filled?

First off, I don't know Coach Monroe personally, but his record speaks for itself -- he's a legendary figure in TN high school sports.

If he had stuck with the QB through 3 years, I don't know why he wouldn't stay with him for the last few series. As for trading blank tapes with opposing coaches -- could it have been a mistake? Was this an exchange with Rhea Co.? If so, I can't imagine Coach Monroe feeling he needed to resort to such tactics to gain an upper hand on Rhea this year.

I would never say the man is classless, but the last couple of weeks he's been something less than gracious. First, there was the "we were the far better team" comment and reiteration at McMinn. Then following the Farragut loss Coach Monroe states, "it was strictly a lack of execution on our part."

I think ihavenofriendzz is correct to some degree about Farragut, and probably every other school, in that their supporters are going to be upset after a loss. From an outsider's perspective, though, Ooltewah is a little different bird. But you have to remember that it's only a few people, not the entire fan base, that tend to make the most noise on these boards. They no more represent the Ooltewah community than the Farragut kid or two (presumably) who gets on here and makes some outrageous comments/prediction.

TSSAA needs to look hard at the system that had these teams meeting in the first round.

I believe they will take a close look and I agree that there are some issues to be resolved. There is no system that is without flaws. This year, Quad 1 is really strong top to bottom. The botom line is that every team must take care of business every week. The bracket would have been much different if Ooltewah would have won all the games they claim they should have won.