#7 York @ #4 Seq. Co

BallPark3434

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Each team beat up on Meigs it sounds like. Neither can be listed as a favorite because of that common opponent and really if Meigs gave one a good game it wouldn't make a difference either. Every Friday night is different.

Can't wait to see this great First Round game! Hope the drive down there isn't too awful bad. :roflol:

Seq Co defence I heard is big but Ithink Yorks defence has more speed; they have a nose guard that is just like the energizer bunny he never stops. Hes probably biggest little guy you will ever see. :roflol::lol::lol::roflol:

If you heard Seq defense was big, then how do you know York has more speed?

Seq has got some speed, I'll tell you that. They look like little energizer bunnies! 2, 44, 5. All of them can move. I will agree they don't look like the most aggressive physically, but, their running backs will take it at you. This will be a very good game. Good luck to both sides.

York by 14

I just dont see York beating SC by 14. I mean it might happen but i doubt it, Sc has a very good defense if they play technique.. and they usually do.. they have a good running game.. the passing game is there if they need it and a very good kicker.. and its the first home play off game since 1990 so they"re gonna be ready... 24-14 SC

If ya didn't know, York has compiled 5 shutouts this year. Meigs, CCHS, Smith, Upperman (not saying much), and White (again not much). They have outscored their opponents 247 to 83. Only allowed 170 passing yards from Poteete and 65 of that came on a busted coverage in one play. Allowed 128 total yards on Smith County. I'm not looking for SC to put more than one in the endzone unless they get some big breakout runs. I do, however, see York coming out and giving it their all. These seniors have been fired up, and I see them putting at least 3 in the endzone. At least, I hope. :roflol:

There is a reason we play the games. Cause no one knows who will win. I can only say that the York boys were pretty fired up before the Smith game. If we come out with that same intensity, I think it will be a long night for Seq. Co.

Sometimes the best team doesn't win. Preparation and desire will carry you part of the way. You still have to execute on the field. That is what makes this game great.

Go Dragons! :roflol:

A very small correction, the last home playoff game was 2nd round in 1996, I believe against Oliver Springs. The first round was also at home I think against DeKalb County. The last playoff win was 1997, first round at Tennessee Tech against Smith County.

It was one person overexcited, not "their" but whatever you want to think.

Seq Cos first Def has had 5 shutouts also. Face it this will be an evenly match game and the only advantage goes to the kicking game for Seq. It will come down to the coaches game plan and who will excute it the best. I think this will be one of the better first round games in the state. Cant wait to see this one. Best of luck to both teams. Indians win by 6!

Seq Cos first Def has had 5 shutouts also. Face it this will be an evenly match game and the only advantage goes to the kicking game for Seq. It will come down to the coaches game plan and who will excute it the best. I think this will be one of the better first round games in the state. Cant wait to see this one. Best of luck to both teams. Indians win by 6!

You say their first team? But the team as a whole has not, whereas York has. :roflol: There be a difference matey!! But, I don't think it all comes down to the coaches. I think the kids who want it more will be a big factor. And the fact that, as much trouble as I know this will stir, that SC looks less aggressive and physical. But, that's just me