indy @ arlington

ilovecfb3

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

indy is not holding up strong this year, everyone can agree. but the one thing indy has thats hard to find is heart. some more than others because of some "superstars" we have. but regardless indy should come back strong this week(as long as the rain holds up). to tell you the truth i know nothing of this arlington team and i dont care. do they have the music city miracle touchdown scorerer? no they dont! :lol:

this is all we need to go deep into the playoffs. the luck is on our side.

indy is not holding up strong this year, everyone can agree. but the one thing indy has thats hard to find is heart. some more than others because of some "superstars" we have. but regardless indy should come back strong this week(as long as the rain holds up). to tell you the truth i know nothing of this arlington team and i dont care. do they have the music city miracle touchdown scorerer? no they dont! :roflolk:

Indy has played a tough schedule with the likes of Franklin and Brentwood. Indy is down this year and the Ravenwood game had to be a blow to their self esteem so either look for them to come out ready or completely flat. Indy has been to Memphis before so they know what it takes. I would not be surprised at all to see Indy come out on top. I think Arlington, no disrespect intended, is overrated. 10-0 is great but at this point its all one and done.

This made me laugh. ALL YEAR, West TN posters have been doubting Arlington every single week. It seemed to work well for them to this point, so keep doubting them. I think Arlington wins this one......no question. And before you jump on me for being an Arlington homer or talk about bulletin board material, I am not an Arlington fan or coach. I am affiliated with one of their opponents and have seen this team play on many occasions. They are a very good team.

This made me laugh. ALL YEAR, West TN posters have been doubting Arlington every single week. It seemed to work well for them to this point, so keep doubting them. I think Arlington wins this one......no question. And before you jump on me for being an Arlington homer or talk about bulletin board material, I am not an Arlington fan or coach. I am affiliated with one of their opponents and have seen this team play on many occasions. They are a very good team.

You never know what INDY team will show up and that makes them a tough opening act - when they are on with heckman and the running game they are tough to beat- Dont know about Arlington, but if you run the ball well, you should be able to take this one- INDy all year has not been able to stop the run.......

indy is not holding up strong this year, everyone can agree. but the one thing indy has thats hard to find is heart. some more than others because of some "superstars" we have. but regardless indy should come back strong this week(as long as the rain holds up). to tell you the truth i know nothing of this arlington team and i dont care. do they have the music city miracle touchdown scorerer? no they dont! :popcorneater:

Indy has played a tough schedule with the likes of Franklin and Brentwood. Indy is down this year and the Ravenwood game had to be a blow to their self esteem so either look for them to come out ready or completely flat. Indy has been to Memphis before so they know what it takes. I would not be surprised at all to see Indy come out on top. I think Arlington, no disrespect intended, is overrated. 10-0 is great but at this point its all one and done.

Speaking of Ravenwood, I realize Indy had the better overall record but both teams were 2-3 in conference. Since RHS beat Indy, it would seem they would have the tie-breaker. I know the new system is confusing but does conference record and head-to-head not play a role in determining wildcard berths?

Arlingtion is 10-0. By their record they are the best team in 6A in the Memphis area. It is a shame that they get put in the bracket with the likes of Indy, Franklin and the such. This is a huge disadvantage to them. Teams in that area of the state see the Spread offense on a weekly basis and will thus be better prepared to stop the Arlington offensive attack.

Go Trojans!!

INDY DID NOT WIN ONE GAME AGAINST A 6-A DISTRICT OPPONENT !

AGAINST THEIR THREE MAJOR RIVALS ( BHS, FHS, RHS ) THEY WERE 0 - 3 ! !

INDY SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN REWARDED WITH THIS WILDCARD SELECTION ! ! !

In terms of talent IHS has skill players like Heckman and Standard complimented by lineman such as Farrell and Kelly. To be certain IHS has plenty of talent. The problem is coaching from the pre - season to the debacle against Ravenwood Eubanks just can't measure up when it really matters. So IHS may well win it's 1st round match-up only to be beaten again by Franklin in the 2nd round. Indy Nation you are stocked with young talent ( Prado & CO.) but as long as Eubanks is " managing " the game the rest of us in Williamson Co.can rest easy knowing the you will never realize your potential.Good Luck in West Tn. Your next beating by Franklin will begin promptly on Nov. 13 at 7 pm.

In terms of talent IHS has skill players like Heckman and Standard complimented by lineman such as Farrell and Kelly. To be certain IHS has plenty of talent. The problem is coaching from the pre - season to the debacle against Ravenwood Eubanks just can't measure up when it really matters. So IHS may well win it's 1st round match-up only to be beaten again by Franklin in the 2nd round. Indy Nation you are stocked with young talent ( Prado & CO.) but as long as Eubanks is " managing " the game the rest of us in Williamson Co.can rest easy knowing the you will never realize your potential.Good Luck in West Tn. Your next beating by Franklin will begin promptly on Nov. 13 at 7 pm.

Indy and Coach Eubanks didn't come up with the criteria for making the playoffs, TSSAA did. They were 6-4 and have a better record than some of the other team that qualified. Your extreme dislike for "Eubanks" sound familiar with another fbfan that posted here in the past. Makes me wonder. Nobody has mentioned the complete revamp of the Indy offense. They started putting in the new offense in the spring and it is a very complicated offense. I think they have done pretty well with it. At least you want them to win vs Arlington this week. Thanks for the support. You and the other fbfan wouldn't happen to be related, would you?

The "fan" has creeped out of the snake pit long enough to take a few shots at the Indy program once again. "Fan" what can you really tell us about this Indy team? I bet you cannot supply anyone on here with any factual information, so please, slither back into your hole and chew on another rat, or maybe we will get lucky and the rat will whip your @$$$$ and do us all a favor.

You can cry over spilt milk all you want, the facts here are that Indy is in. If you are truly a WillCo fan, then you know that everyone lost to Franklin and Brentwood. I follow Indy and the WillCo teams each season. Franklin and Brentwood have better talent and better overall coaching across the board year in and year out. Indy has some talent, but not near the talent that those two programs have, nor do Centennial or Ravenwood for that matter. I have seen Indy play several times this season, and saw many of the games in 2007 and 2008. I think Eubanks has done done a decent job in his time there. The Eagles have rebounded nicely after a rough 2008 season, and find themselves back in the playoffs.

Speaking of playoffs, the thread is about Arlington and Indy. I know some folks in the Memphis area that tell me they are a good football team, but might struggle in the quad they were placed in. I do think that Indy will present some problems for Arlington, simply based on the schedule that Indy has played. I also know that Indy has gone toe-to-toe with some great football programs this year and if they take their best effort to Arlington, they could win this game. I would not be surprised at all to see Indy take this one. I wish them well and hope they get it done, then maybe we see Indy and Franklin go at it again, if Franklin gets by Overton.

Good Luck Indy :hungry:

It can happen for Indy if the team so desire.

It did for Ravenwood in 2006. Ravenwood got smack by Dickson County in their mud pit (much like last Friday) in the last game of the season, finished 6-4, and fourth place in the district. Ravenwood had to go play a hot 10-0 Gallatin team in the first round of the playoff's that was ranked by some #1 in the state. They went through Gallatin like a hot knife through butter and all the way through the playoffs on the road to only loose to the Sonny Gray Smyrna team in the 2006 Championship Game.

When the playoff come about, it's fresh start at 0-0. I rather be 6-4 regular season playing against tough competition in Williamson County which has been proven fact over the years than be 10-0 against competitive teams out west.

Anyway, I don't see anything really changing this year as per the past history against Williamson County teams despite the stacking of Memphis area teams and weak 6A teams playing weak 5A teams west of Nashville in the playoffs. It should make it easier for Indy, Franklin, or Brentwood to clean house on the way the championship game.