McMinn Central at CAK

charger05

come on FootballDad we'd love to meet you and your wife, baby blue or real blue. :roflolk: I've not videoed too many games. Jamin has only played football for 2 years. I've been his soccer coach for many many seasons. I can definitely coach kicking a ball. But I've enjoyed just being Mom and take pictures. We look at them and the video clips and help show what he needs to do differently next time. Lots of fun.

You neglected to mention that you can also play guitar and sing beautifully. God has blessed you and you use it for His honor and glory. And I have an audio-cassette of you singing to prove it!

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OL/DL wise CAK is much better. I'll be surprised if Central's OL will be able to touch CAK's DL. But #4 for Central is a real ball player and could cause possible trouble if they take the risk and actually blitz against a pass heavy CAK team.

My prediction though, and sorry Chargers but,

CAK: 28

Mcminn Central: 3

heard cak's offensive line is small? true? do they have anyone that can black ben stiles?

CAK's offensive line is small by comparison to many teams we face. They average around 235lbs with the exception of one that is just under 200lbs. But in a pass dominant offense like CAK's, a premium is put on technique rather than brawn. Mark Bradley and Jarvis Reado are as good a combination of offensive line coaches you will find anywhere in this area for high school football. I'm amazed at how they have taken undersized players and molded them into a very fine offensive line. McMinn Central may have some very good defensive linemen, but I assure you the CAK offensive line can block, and block well. Run blocking is not their fortay, but we don't do much of that anyway. When we do, it's usually effective.

I agree with you that being coached by Mark Bradley and Jarvis Reado, you'll have a disciplined, well-coached offensive line.

Next thing we'll hear from you is that Nick Saban and Urban Meyer reviews your film and offers coaching tips! :roflolk:

CAK's OL has been a strength of the team all year. I can't say how this line would be if we were a conventional run between the tackles team, but these guys are very good at pass protection. Since we kind of use the pass to set up the run, when we do run, they have done a great job as well. Because CAK is primarily a pass oriented team and not particularly big, I think sometimes there is a misconception that the Warriors are a finesse team and not very physical. There may have been some truth to that in some years past, but that is not the case at all this year. While the offense is not going to run it right at you down after down, so far this year the OL has been able to outmatch every team we've played except Alcoa. Alcoa has the best line I've seen at any level this year, and while they did get pressure on our QB, I believe there was only 1 sack (someone correct me if I'm wrong.) The clincher was that Alcoa's DL is good enough to get that pressure with 4 guys and their DB's could run with our receivers. The combination of lack of time and well covered receivers and not CAK's best game on offense made a very effective offense look ineffective. That has not been the case in other games this year. On defense, I think you'll find that the Warriors are pretty physical and like to hit. They are quick and swarm to the ball. While run defense is what they do best, they have several guys that have proved they can intercept the ball. The Warriors have a corner that I believe will certainly be all district and should get consideration as all State.

OL/DL wise CAK is much better. I'll be surprised if Central's OL will be able to touch CAK's DL. But #4 for Central is a real ball player and could cause possible trouble if they take the risk and actually blitz against a pass heavy CAK team.

My prediction though, and sorry Chargers but,

CAK: 28

Mcminn Central: 3

I like the way you are thinking QM. You've seen both teams up close in the past few weeks, so maybe you have a good gauge on this thing. I know Central has some sizeable players at WR, QB & RB. And that #4 layed a lick on Tyson a couple weeks ago that rang throughout the stands. They also seem to have a lot of seniors on the field. I think the Chargers are capable of giving us some trouble, especially if our offense don't get back to their typical selves. I'm not concerned about our OL/DL, they've proven to be dependable all season long. We've faced a very good team in Elizabethton, and the best team in Alcoa, the past two weeks. Our guys should be accustom to facing speed, size & talent by now. The CAK defense as been superb all year long, even though Alcoa piled up the yards the Warrior D was tough, stubborn and made them earn most of their yards. If CAK can iron out a few of the wrinkles that have slowed down our offense and they get on track early, then I believe we win. If not, then we will be in a nail biter down to the end.

heard cak's offensive line is small? true? do they have anyone that can black ben stiles?

CAK's offensive line is small by comparison to many teams we face. They average around 235lbs with the exception of one that is just under 200lbs. But in a pass dominant offense like CAK's, a premium is put on technique rather than brawn. Mark Bradley and Jarvis Reado are as good a combination of offensive line coaches you will find anywhere in this area for high school football. I'm amazed at how they have taken undersized players and molded them into a very fine offensive line. McMinn Central may have some very good defensive linemen, but I assure you the CAK offensive line can block, and block well. Run blocking is not their fortay, but we don't do much of that anyway. When we do, it's usually effective.

I agree with you that being coached by Mark Bradley and Jarvis Reado, you'll have a disciplined, well-coached offensive line.

Next thing we'll hear from you is that Nick Saban and Urban Meyer reviews your film and offers coaching tips! :roflolk:

:roflol: We couldn't come to terms with Saban & Meyer's agent on the hourly fee, but I heard Peyton Manning and Tony Dungee were seen going into our new fieldhouse before a team meeting with a dry erase board and a handful of dvd's. :roflol:

come on FootballDad we'd love to meet you and your wife, baby blue or real blue. :thumb: I've not videoed too many games. Jamin has only played football for 2 years. I've been his soccer coach for many many seasons. I can definitely coach kicking a ball. But I've enjoyed just being Mom and take pictures. We look at them and the video clips and help show what he needs to do differently next time. Lots of fun.

You neglected to mention that you can also play guitar and sing beautifully. God has blessed you and you use it for His honor and glory. And I have an audio-cassette of you singing to prove it!

Alright Blitz you must introduce yourself now. I have no idea who you are. LOL It's wierd to think someone has a tape of me. LOL That would have had to happen loooong time ago.

Central will respect CAK OL and DL. You don't win 9 games in a roll without having some good blockers.

Well said.

come on FootballDad we'd love to meet you and your wife, baby blue or real blue. :thumb: I've not videoed too many games. Jamin has only played football for 2 years. I've been his soccer coach for many many seasons. I can definitely coach kicking a ball. But I've enjoyed just being Mom and take pictures. We look at them and the video clips and help show what he needs to do differently next time. Lots of fun.

Alright Blitz you must introduce yourself now. I have no idea who you are. LOL It's wierd to think someone has a tape of me. LOL That would have had to happen loooong time ago.

Gee, I've given you a plethora of hints already. Think of the best looking guy you remember from Fairview Baptist about '92-'95. The first name that comes to mind should be Bobby......and I don't mean your hubby! :thumb: