TSSAA Screws Clinton

DragonFire

I think that any team that has to vacate a win should not be allowed in the playoffs at all... just be happy you all are 9 and 0.

Actually, we are 10-0. They can't take away the fact that this game was won on the field away from these kids.

They can and did. Deal with it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The kid was ruled ineligible for basketball last year and as a result was ineligible for sports for one calendar year. Clinton did not cheat you know nothing about the situation. Clinton deserves a #1 seed for being #2 in the state and undefeated. Columbia must have called and complained. They are closer to TSSAA office. You now have a team that is undefeated playing possibly two road games and having to play their week 10 opponent in the second round after they play a 1-9 team. This system is a joke and those conducting it are a joke. Making coaches travel to exchange films and then changing games. Clinton won all their games and taking the seed away is another way for TSSAA to stick it to us. This whole thing is a disgrace to our kids who have worked so hard. Those of you who commented about the vacated game must have forgotten that this is about kids, not about adults in Hermitage finding yet another way to take a jab at a program that has worked so hard to get turned around.

It's pretty clear to me the "Adults" at Clinton allowed this kid to play knowing he wasn't eligible.

You're correct! The Clinton fans should be upset at their own administration for allowing this young man to play. Whether it be an oversight or hoping they wouldn't get caught, it's totally inexcusable how their gross neglicence of duties has penalized the players on the team.

Randy, since you have been posting on the brackets. Why change the bracket and keep a 2 vs. 8 matchup instead of 1 vs. 8 and 2 vs. 7. Can they not count?

I didn't know the information about Clinton when I made mine. Knowing what I know now, I would seed Quad 1 this way:

QUAD 2

Columbia (5A) D8 #1

Clinton D3 #1

Anderson Co D3 #3

Glencliff (5A) D12 #4

White County (5A) D6 #4

Hillsboro (5A) D11 #5

Cleveland (5A) D5 #5

Shelbyville WC

Based on their rules then wince Columbia and Shelbyville can't play 1st round, I would switch Cleveland and Shelbyville.

1. Columbia (5A) D8 #1

2. Clinton D3 #1

3. Anderson Co D3 #3

4. Glencliff (5A) D12 #4

5. Hillsboro (5A) D11 #4

6. White County (5A) D6 #4

7. Shelbyville WC

8. Cleveland (5A) D5 #5

So looks like the got it right :lol: Same way I would have done it knowing Clinton had to vacate a win, and that the metro teams would have been in here.

BUT if I would have done it, I would have not put the Metro teams in here, I would have put Lawrence Co and Springfield. Those moves would have created less headaches elsewhere too (5 teams from 1 district in same Quad).

I did not think they could put WC's in front of automatic qualifiers. If they could surely White County would be #8 in this quad.

You can't but you have to move someone, and it's more fair to move at the bottom of the bracket than at the top. Think about it this way, what are the chances 1 & 2 move to the 3rd round? very good, and if they do, #1 would play at home, so switching these 2 seeds doesn't make sense. Now ask yourself what are the chances 7 & 8 make it to the 3rd round, very slim, and this would be the only case in which switch those 2 teams matters. So you must switch 7 & 8 here.

For starters. Is it just me or are there others wondering how a 1-9 team make it to the playoffs? :lol::lol:

By the way for those that don't know anything about the Clinton situation with the illegal player playing in 1 game, then they should not mention it because they don't know what the true facts are. And the TSSAA could care less about the situation the kid was in with his life at home. Clinton knew they had a good team this year with or without him as we have won every game we have played without him. They knew they would have a chance this year and would not have done anything to jeopardize the season over this situation. It was blown way out of control by some parents upset about playing time (shocker there). All I can say is WOW to the TSSAA and to some of the people who talk about the subject as if we were playing Ray Lewis illegally.

Frankly to me it doesn't matter who we play in the playoffs or where we play them. Our team will be ready and our kids have worked their butts off to get this point and won't let something like this get to them.

Let's Go Dragons! Now the fun begins!!!

For starters. Is it just me or are there others wondering how a 1-9 team make it to the playoffs? :lol::lol:

By the way for those that don't know anything about the Clinton situation with the illegal player playing in 1 game, then they should not mention it because they don't know what the true facts are. And the TSSAA could care less about the situation the kid was in with his life at home. Clinton knew they had a good team this year with or without him as we have won every game we have played without him. They knew they would have a chance this year and would not have done anything to jeopardize the season over this situation. It was blown way out of control by some parents upset about playing time (shocker there). All I can say is WOW to the TSSAA and to some of the people who talk about the subject as if we were playing Ray Lewis illegally.

Frankly to me it doesn't matter who we play in the playoffs or where we play them. Our team will be ready and our kids have worked their butts off to get this point and won't let something like this get to them.

Let's Go Dragons! Now the fun begins!!!

Best of luck to Clinton and the rest of the teams from District 3AAA. ;)

I feel Clinton got a good draw on their quadrant. Yes they didn't get a 1 seed, and Yes AC plays a weaker opponent, but that won't make any difference come second round. Clinton will get to play their second round against a team that they know better then anyone. If I was Clinton I would be pleased with their draw. Yes they should have gotten a 1 seed, but that doesn't change the fact they have the easiest path to the semi-finals. Good Luck Dragons, and everyone else in the playoffs.

Clinton is lucky that it was caught in the first game in Gallatin a few years ago they used an illegal player even thought they was told it was all clear divorce situation and when they got turned in they were told it wasnt ok they had to forfiet all 9 of their wins and did not make the playoffs So be glad it was caught when it was and that your whole season wasnt destroyed by your situation