Springfield- Henry Co... Same District

Impartial

Give it time!

You have plenty of time. You have from Saturday afternoon October 31 until Friday night November 6. How much time do you need? If the fans up there are so "football crazy" and they adore Coaches Myers and Southerland so much, and they are so thrilled to have a playoff game, then your fans should at least pack the visitor stands here. You have had over 144 hours, so it's time to stop talking about it and do it. Bring a crowd for a change.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skylar gets out of the hospital today and will be at the game friday night. He had two compound fractures. He broke both the tibia and fibula. They inserted a rod in the large bone with screws holding it. They rod will be permanent. He is now walking with crutches. Come by and see him after the game. He was hit in his right leg by a teammate's helmet. He gave the team a pep talk as he lay on the ground. He wouldn't let the EMS leave until they scored. He's feeling much better today. Be back in school probably tomorrow. He won't play any more football this year but may play basketball and then baseball. He will be at all the playoff football games.

Skylar gets out of the hospital today and will be at the game friday night. He had two compound fractures. He broke both the tibia and fibula. They inserted a rod in the large bone with screws holding it. They rod will be permanent. He is now walking with crutches. Come by and see him after the game. He was hit in his right leg by a teammate's helmet. He gave the team a pep talk as he lay on the ground. He wouldn't let the EMS leave until they scored. He's feeling much better today. Be back in school probably tomorrow. He won't play any more football this year but may play basketball and then baseball. He will be at all the playoff football games.

Are you certain that the fractures were compound? I coached for a long time before retiring and I never saw a compound fracture. That doesn't mean his fractures weren't compound, but it would certainly be unusual. Do you know that a compound fracture is one where the bone or bones actually break through the skin? The reason I ask is because of all the reports on this injury on the radio, on Coacht, and out here among fans at the lake, I hav not heard anyone use the term "compound" in describing it except for you.

One of the breaks was compound. His mom told me and I seen the x-rays. Ghs59 is his uncle so he knows more than anyone else on here.

The trainer told me and a few friends yesterday that the break was definitely a bad one, but that it was NOT compound. The trainer was on the field, so in this case he would know more than the uncle.

Has anyone ever seen or know of anyone who had a rod left in the bone permanently? I didn't think you can do any activity with a rod left in your bone permanently.

umm...yes you can! I certainly hope you can anyway...otherwise the people I know that have them are actually ghosts! Bones don't bend...they could be made of titanium, stainless steel, or iron ...however, our creator chose a different material......why would you think you couldn't do any activity?

I found out this afternoon that the rod will be removed later. Another doctor said he wouldn't play anymore high school sports. The doctor told him this before he went home today. He was looking forward to maybe playing basketball and baseball. I believe the surgeon didn't want him to know at that time.